Harry Arnett leaving Callaway

Wow big news.

The team Harry has built at Callaway will probably keep on rolling like nothing happened, but still a big change.

well that's a shocker. I can think of a couple people who could step in

Sounds like a grandaddy spot has opened up on the zoocrew side.

I was thinking more like he would be a great candidate for team THP

Wow so much shake up going on and I’m very surprised at the timing.

I was thinking more like he would be a great candidate for team THP

His resume would make him good captain material I think.

Many THPers know Harry and sadly I'm not one of them. However, this move likely makes a ton of career sense and has nothing to do with his current role.

Harry's around 50, a proven Marketing EVP of a $1.2B+ public company (that's huge) with enormous consumer branding success. Add the company's impressive global growth over the last few years to his charismatic personality and you have an ideal candidate for the president of a smaller public company or a well-funding VC spin-up/spin-out. Marketing is the most common route to the top chair. Successful CEOs, such as Chip Brewer, realize they need talented people to achieve their goals and they often serve as mentors to select members of the executive staff. This could explain Harry's Ogio assignment. If some of the above rationale is correct, then Chip and Harry have been working on this plan for several years.

Again, this is pure speculation but I'm guessing Harry accepted the top leadership position for an incredible opportunity. Time will tell if I'm onto something or on something. :D

Good luck to Harry wherever he ends up.

Lots of movement at Callaway before the trade deadline

He helped make the Granddaddy and all the other THP events once-in-a-lifetime happenings.

His resume would make him good captain material I think.

I made the same point but it took me a lot longer to get there.

this makes me sad in a way i can’t quite articulate. the only constant in life is change. i wish harry all the best, and thank him for his commitment and support of this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I made the same point but it took me a lot longer to get there.

I was speaking of the Grandaddy though : )
I won't speak to his future in golf.

Whoa. That is crazy. All the best to him though.

Harry is one of those people that I had always hoped to meet at a THP event.

Can only wish the man the best in his future endeavors, best of luck.

It’ll be interesting to see the direction Callaway heads after he leaves. He will be missed.

I'm sad for Callaway but (I think) happy for Harry.

I'm going the other way to say that while the bullpen at Callaway is stacked with studs, Harry is a unique talent and they will absolutely miss him. It's insanely critical to have the right person at the important leadership positions. Callaway faces some risk right now because not every organization has a Mickey Mantle waiting to replace Joe Dimagio (so to speak).

I'd love to know what his separation package was worth. Is that sort of thing reported in their annual stock holders report?

Dang that’s huge. Happy to have met him. Such a great team over there. If he goes somewhere else I hope he doesn’t take them all with him.

I'm sad for Callaway but (I think) happy for Harry.

I'm going the other way to say that while the bullpen at Callaway is stacked with studs, Harry is a unique talent and they will absolutely miss him. It's insanely critical to have the right person at the important leadership positions. Callaway faces some risk right now because not every organization has a Mickey Mantle waiting to replace Joe Dimagio (so to speak).

Couldn't agree more. Dimagio is not too strong of a comp. Harry is 1st ballot HOF legend in his field.

Knowing Harry I’m sure he’s leaving at the right time and the Pirate Ship is in capable hands .

I wish him well wherever he ends up and I’m looking forward to see how Callaway does post Arnett running the show.

I saw his announcement on Instagram. I sure didn't expect to see him leave Callaway, at least not yet. No doubt he will be successful in his next phase of his career. Although I didn't get to meet him in conjunction with THP I did have the pleasure of meeting him at the Masters. He is one heck of a nice guy. And I am sure interested in where he is going to be next.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bet this has to do with the new investors. Hope they don't screw this great company up.

Oh no way . Wow best of luck in future endeavours Harry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that sucks for that brand. Thankfully he built quite the team there

I agree, but I'm interested to see who they bring in and how they take Callaway's marketing and public relations forward. I think he's built an amazing and unique culture there, but the proof of that is when it can be passed off to someone else with enough room to grow.

This is a shocker.
I know Harry will be fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back