Harry Arnett leaving Callaway

Glad to hear this Harry! Sometimes you just need to take a step. Ack and do what’s best for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post by Harry. Shows how connected he is to this community. I for one am disappointed that I won't get the opportunity to meet the man that has done so much for THP and Callaway. Callaway has been involved in my golf game since I was old enough to save my pennies to buy the original Big Bertha Warbird. It's always held a special place in my bag. Harry's arrival signaled a rebirth of the company and saw them turn into the force that they are today. So, while I won't get the opportunity to chat with the man, I wish him the best in his journey to a more fulfilling life.

Thanks Harry! Wishing you the best!

Harry, that is inspiring!! Best of luck in your next venture!! Glad to hear that you are feeling well and yes, please join and stay a thp'er!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Harry has always been and continues to be pure class. I was fortunate to meet him in person at the Grandaddy and I'll never forget him joking with Rhiona about my last name at the ECPC haha. What a great post Harry, best of luck on your new endeavor.

Thank you Harry for sharing some background to your decision and your future plans. As one of the leading brand ambassadors in the game, you will be missed but happy you have the resources to follow your quest. Wishing you all the success in your future, hope we bump into each other somewhere along the way.

I have never met Harry unfortunately, but after reading his post, all those who have were/are fortunate. He and his heart knew what his calling is meant to be. Good luck to you Harry in not only fulfilling goals and dreams, but a long and prosperous life into those goals! I know you will have success at whatever you do.

I had coffee with Rhiona Sullivan (many of you know her. She and I used to work together at Callaway) this morning and as we were chatting, she told me how nice the THP thread was about my departure from Callaway. She told me she had heard about the thread from her mom, who lurks after meeting so many THP people at the Granddaddy years ago. Is that the most Callaway-THP thing ever? So she sent me the link and I decided to check it out.

First of all, thank you all for the kindness and well wishes. It's no secret you all have a special place in my heart as well as in all of the hearts of our marketing group.

For those of you speculating why I'm leaving, the truth isn't nearly as newsworthy as some have said. No, I'm not going to another golf company. I already had a pretty important job at the best golf company in the industry. No, I was not asked to leave by investors (our business has essentially doubled since I've been CMO, our brand rating shows we are on the top of the industry after being a distant fourth or fifth when I started at Callaway, and our market shares continue to grow in virtually every category. So any investor asking me to leave is kind of silly, to be perfectly honest).

It has been an incredible run at Callaway. I have been fortunate to have worked under the leadership, mentorship, and personal friendship of the very best CEO in golf, Chip Brewer. He is also, more importantly, an incredible human being. I have also had the fortune of working side by side with some of the best humans on the planet--people who are not only incredibly dedicated, passionate, and talented, but care as much about others as they do themselves. That has made the last 7 years not only professionally rewarding, but more importantly, personally fulfilling.

I haven't said this publicly, but two years I was diagnosed with a fairly serious, genetic medical condition (thanks, Dad!). Over the last 24+ months I have struggled to get it under control and get back to feeling 100%. I am now. Better than ever, actually. And that really had me start thinking about what I really wanted to dedicate my life doing for as long as I'm vertical.

In short, I really just started to feel that God put me on this planet for something different. Something else. And though Ive had a blast and loved what I have been doing, I knew deep down I would regret not trying to align my talents, passion, ambition, and purpose more fully in a much more integrated way.

So that's why I decided to leave. I'm not running from anything or moving away from Callaway. I'm going towards something. Something that ultimately will be more important to my becoming the best version of myself and to reach my full potential. Even as I get close to..ahem..50, I know the journey of personal development is the most important journey of all. I'm not trying to be intentionally vague, but the concreteness of what that is has changed significantly even over the past few months. And changed in such magnificently wonderful ways I almost cant believe its happening to me. And I can't wait to share once it's finalized. But it's something on my own, with people I love, doing work I love. And it's not golf related (I will become a golf civilian, starting on 9/1, so maybe I need to become a member of the forum!).

One thing you all have right is that remaining at Callaway is an incredible group of people dedicated to doing their jobs well and continuing to make golf fun and exciting for golfers everywhere. To that end, I know with certainty that the best for Callaway is in front of it, just like I know the best for me is most certainly yet to come.

Thank you all for the incredible support and friendship over the past 7 years. You all know JB and I are good friends. He's got a massive heart and always tries to do what's best for the people on this site. That also won't change and I'm looking forward to seeing you all somewhere down the line, either in person or on the internet. No, that's not weird!

Don’t ever forget about the most memorable round of golf you ever played to date......even if you were busy taking headstand shots on top of a rock bridge for the Gram & missed my best shot of the day on the par 3.

You’re a good guy Harry (despite what Cousin John says) & I know more great things await you & your family!

1b26c4112bd4d1b730641bbf75dcc90a.jpg

7b87a0c9e90ab254a0f735b9667f2ae3.jpg

I had coffee with Rhiona Sullivan (many of you know her. She and I used to work together at Callaway) this morning and as we were chatting, she told me how nice the THP thread was about my departure from Callaway. She told me she had heard about the thread from her mom, who lurks after meeting so many THP people at the Granddaddy years ago. Is that the most Callaway-THP thing ever? So she sent me the link and I decided to check it out.

First of all, thank you all for the kindness and well wishes. It's no secret you all have a special place in my heart as well as in all of the hearts of our marketing group.

For those of you speculating why I'm leaving, the truth isn't nearly as newsworthy as some have said. No, I'm not going to another golf company. I already had a pretty important job at the best golf company in the industry. No, I was not asked to leave by investors (our business has essentially doubled since I've been CMO, our brand rating shows we are on the top of the industry after being a distant fourth or fifth when I started at Callaway, and our market shares continue to grow in virtually every category. So any investor asking me to leave is kind of silly, to be perfectly honest).

It has been an incredible run at Callaway. I have been fortunate to have worked under the leadership, mentorship, and personal friendship of the very best CEO in golf, Chip Brewer. He is also, more importantly, an incredible human being. I have also had the fortune of working side by side with some of the best humans on the planet--people who are not only incredibly dedicated, passionate, and talented, but care as much about others as they do themselves. That has made the last 7 years not only professionally rewarding, but more importantly, personally fulfilling.

I haven't said this publicly, but two years I was diagnosed with a fairly serious, genetic medical condition (thanks, Dad!). Over the last 24+ months I have struggled to get it under control and get back to feeling 100%. I am now. Better than ever, actually. And that really had me start thinking about what I really wanted to dedicate my life doing for as long as I'm vertical.

In short, I really just started to feel that God put me on this planet for something different. Something else. And though Ive had a blast and loved what I have been doing, I knew deep down I would regret not trying to align my talents, passion, ambition, and purpose more fully in a much more integrated way.

So that's why I decided to leave. I'm not running from anything or moving away from Callaway. I'm going towards something. Something that ultimately will be more important to my becoming the best version of myself and to reach my full potential. Even as I get close to..ahem..50, I know the journey of personal development is the most important journey of all. I'm not trying to be intentionally vague, but the concreteness of what that is has changed significantly even over the past few months. And changed in such magnificently wonderful ways I almost cant believe its happening to me. And I can't wait to share once it's finalized. But it's something on my own, with people I love, doing work I love. And it's not golf related (I will become a golf civilian, starting on 9/1, so maybe I need to become a member of the forum!).

One thing you all have right is that remaining at Callaway is an incredible group of people dedicated to doing their jobs well and continuing to make golf fun and exciting for golfers everywhere. To that end, I know with certainty that the best for Callaway is in front of it, just like I know the best for me is most certainly yet to come.

Thank you all for the incredible support and friendship over the past 7 years. You all know JB and I are good friends. He's got a massive heart and always tries to do what's best for the people on this site. That also won't change and I'm looking forward to seeing you all somewhere down the line, either in person or on the internet. No, that's not weird!
Harry, you are the man!!!

Man, what a post!

It really speaks to the job JB has done for us that someone like Harry will come into the forum and share so freely.

Add me to the list who would love to see a Harry v. Finley match in the Granddaddy.

I'm so happy for you, Harry!

Good luck in the final Grandaddy contests as part of team THP lmao!

One of my fondest Harry memories is when I met up with Harry at The Glen Club in Chicago late March 2017, just after my Grandaddy event, for the Rogue Launch.
He was town for the launch and to speak with @DNevs at Northwestern Business School that evening.

I saw Harry at the short game area and even though he just met me 4 months earlier for 5 days, He recognized me IMMEDIATELY and greeted me like he we had know each other for years.
It really showed my how special of person Harry is.

Please take of yourself @HarryArnettCG as you have already realized, tomorrow is promised to no one.

I hope our paths cross again.

Thank you Harry for always being straightforward with us THPers.. it's quite rare in the industry. I'm glad I was able to meet you at the Grandaddy where a lot of memories will last for a lifetime. I wish you the best in your new adventure!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Harry, thank you so much for everything that you have done for Callaway, THP, and golf as a sport. You vision was felt all throughout Callaway, and I wish you all the best with your future. It was an honor to meet you!!

Harry, that was a great post.

I replied on your IG post that we'd never met, but through all the fantastic people that made up the Zoo Crew over the years, I'm pretty sure there was some of you inside the hearts and minds of all of them. I was lucky enough to hang out with different members of the crew a couple different times and they're some of my most cherished memories in golf. Be well in life. Good luck in your endeavours, and thank you for just being you, I guess, and creating a great atmosphere in golf by bringing us THPers together so many times for fun and fellowship.

T0AD/Sean

b40cbf45ed0818073c6c4702c630c958.gif

Much Respect Harry!!!

What a great post, Harry! I wish you health, happiness and success in whatever you choose to do going forward. I also thank you for all that you have done for Callaway and THP. I also am grateful I got to meet you in person and really thank you for giving so many of us the experience of a lifetime with #TheGrandaddy! I will take those memories to my grave! LOL

That’s awesome that Harry is going to go out and do what his heart and passion is telling him to do. I wish him nothing but the best as I was lucky enough to play in a foursome with him and Putt4bird in my first THP event.

Nothing but the best for you Harry. True class.

That post is why ‘arry is the best of the bunch, best wishes to him and his future endeavors

Harry is 100 percent class!!!!!!

e79efdfef9ef5c5983fed87f145e7a4f.jpg

Thanks for everything sir. Wish you nothing but the best in all of your future endeavors. This dinner here was one of my favorite moments from the Grandaddy and I thank you for the laughs.

Thank you Harry and I wish you all the best with the future endeavors. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching and experiencing so much through the ideas that you and your team have shared with us in the past years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dear Harry,

Thank you for my EPIC Flash Driver.

Although I had to pay for it up front, it has afforded me the ability to relieve my friends of their money and it continues to pay dividends. Good ROI I would say.

Health and happiness to you.

Cheers,

Scrap22

do we have any update on what harry's new venture will be?

Back