Harry Arnett leaving Callaway

Another site has finally just announced this news on their social media. The type of comments I feel sum up the type of people they attract pretty well.

Really hoping the best for Harry. I would have never considered Callaway and honestly never really heard much from the company before he and the rest of the newer team at the time arrived on scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troll / Basement dweller central over there

Troll / Basement dweller central over there

Not exactly classy to trash them either...I’ll never understand the “eat their own” mentality. They are fellow golfers after all.

Not exactly classy to trash them either...I’ll never understand the “eat their own” mentality. They are fellow golfers after all.

calling a troll out for being a troll has nothing to do with class. and being a golfer doesn’t exempt someone from still being a richard. i’m not saying anything one way or another about other sites, but i know jourdan and he is pure class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s nothing to do with that mentality, it’s not us vs them, it’s just painfully obvious and I call a spade a spade. The fire and vitriol that their posts elicit are absurd and if that makes me “not exactly classy” then that’s, like, your opinion, man.

calling a troll out for being a troll has nothing to do with class. and being a golfer doesn’t exempt someone from still being a richard. i’m not saying anything one way or another about other sites, but i know jourdan and he is pure class.

But he didn’t call a troll out. He profiled the entire site membership as trolls. So now, someone from there can see this and may think, “Wow, screw THP.” The same goes on at all the golf websites and is distasteful at best.

But he didn’t call a troll out. He profiled the entire site membership as trolls. So now, someone from there can see this and may think, “Wow, screw THP.” The same goes on at all the golf websites and is distasteful at best.

Tasteful stuff here:

162a08d2a1ae1a10c6134fcf110a57fe.jpg

ugh, the internet lets anyone be a jerk these days... zero accountability when you are completely hidden behind a computer screen with a fake account

Referring to my comment?

I’ve been following Harry for a large chunk of his career and believe he has exceptional vision, leadership and marketing skills. IMO the best in the golfshere. Harry should and will be immensely proud of the legacy he has helped build at Callaway and someone with his skills will inevitably be quickly picked up to repeat and knowing of Harry, he will take it up a notch. I am confident we’ll be seeing a lot of Harry but I see his next step leading a company to heights never surpassed. Wishing Harry the very best and thanks for the many memories.

Was reading some things about Jana Partners and their "planned" intentions with Callaway Golf. A short interesting read.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-13/jana-builds-stake-in-callaway-golf-and-plans-to-push-for-sale
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Was reading some things about Jana Partners and their "planned" intentions with Callaway Golf. A short interesting read.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-13/jana-builds-stake-in-callaway-golf-and-plans-to-push-for-sale
[/FONT]

Yeah. That’s a little terrifying if I’m honest. Nike and RLG haven’t done “great” things in the golf industry. Not who I’d choose for advisors.

[/FONT]

thanks i hate it

thanks i hate it

Not sure where it’s headed but one thing is certain, only constant is change. Hoping the change can be positive.
Harry came in and did an amazing job. His legacy at Callaway will most likely be that he came with a (to borrow from him) a “game-changing” approach that revolutionized the market as we know it today.
I for one would not be an #A15 Callaway guy if it had not been for Harry and Twitter!
Juries still out on why he left. That we may never know and when it comes down to it, it’s really his business and his alone. There will be speculation galore.
Someone will step into his spot and soldier on. Hopefully the culture he created will remain and only minor changes in how the message is delivered will prevail.
He will surface again and bring his personality, work ethic and expertise to a new venture and be extremely successful. That I have no doubt!

Harry was a huge part of "righting the ship" and making Callaway Golf what it is today.

Harry, if you happen to see this. Thanks for doing what you did at/for Callaway and bringing us THPers along for the ride.
Best of luck in your future endeavors!

[/FONT]
Sounds like the typical blood sucking "investment" group. Get enough of a stake in a company to be heard, push for spinning off segments for a quick buck and leave in search of the next victim.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

...as it shifted its focus to activism and investments focused on social and environmental issues.

This should end well.

thanks i hate it

I hate harry leaving also but what do you hate about 14.1 percent increase in share price?????

I hate harry leaving also but what do you hate about 14.1 percent increase in share price?????

I'm guessing it's the unknown of an investor coming in and talking about splitting / divesting / or cutting parts off a well-liked company.

I'm guessing it's the unknown of an investor coming in and talking about splitting / divesting / or cutting parts off a well-liked company.

If I was a share holder I would love the 14.1 percent increase, esp since the stock had been down 28 percent.

If I was a share holder I would love the 14.1 percent increase, esp since the stock had been down 28 percent.

I can't speak as to whether @McLovin is a shareholder or not. Just guessing he was speaking from the viewpoint of what could possibly happen to the company long term, instead of immediate shareholder returns.

Great for investors. Possibly not so great for golfers of they start cutting costs, selling pieces of the company, or shake up an otherwise good thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great for investors. Possibly not so great for golfers of they start cutting costs, selling pieces of the company, or shake up an otherwise good thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You realize a publicly traded company has one job, that’s to make the shareholders money.

Truly sad to hear this. Very few people are as sharp and hilarious as Harry. I had a lot of fun watching Harry hold court during the Grandaddy and then less fun as he curb stomped me while chatting pleasantly throughout our match. Couldn’t have been nicer about the proceedings. Haha! Best of luck in your future successes.

You realize a publicly traded company has one job, that’s to make the shareholders money.

That’s absolutely true. Doesn’t mean it might not suck for golfers though sadly.

Back