Fun with Foresight: Which would you play?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Three clubs, to be identified later, same iron, same length.

Which would you play? Why?

1b6e818c9cee213b1c24b8405a3962b2.jpg

8d73af0b26a386917d95fc000b5c461c.jpg

1a7e16a919e5f82dc2dbd4e98c1a62e5.jpg

I like #1. Im guessing it’s a 9i/pw based on nothing but distance. Good mix of distance and spin.

I’d go with #2 for the tighter dispersion and extra carry.

Fun with Foresight: Which would you play?

I love these. I’d lean toward number 3 or 2, in that order. 1 is in the middle and doesn’t stand out either way.

I like #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The middle one. Anything that cuts spin for me is a plus.

If we are going optimal all around, it’s #3. And those should be 9 iron numbers unless it’s a PW with strong lofts.

You are going to have the best distance control with the spin on #3. Also, #1 started left and kept going left. #2 started on line and went left of the target line. #3 landed closest to the target line since it started just slightly right and turned left back to the target. If you could get those to be averages you’d have to make the least amount of adjustments at setup/address with #3 to ge the ball to end up close to your intended target.

• Staff
I think there’s some overanalysis of alignment of the unit vs the swing....

All three were also the same loft.

I like the bottom. From that distance I want stopping power which that flight would have.

I'm assuming 9 iron too. If so, I like #3 then #1. The extra ball speed and lower spin #2 offers would be beneficial with longer clubs but would make it tougher to stick it as close consistently, with a 9 iron.

I think there’s some overanalysis of alignment of the unit vs the swing....

All three were also the same loft.

No, maybe you missed the part about if those end up being averages...

For the courses I play I need spin so #3.

No, maybe you missed the part about if those end up being averages...

That didn’t really seem necessary.

I liked iron 3, FWIW. Seems like iron 2 though is just a fun iron.

i like #2. yes spin is low, but i think with you and your abilities you have no problem holding greens with a short club like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would take #3 as I need the spin.

Not knowing anything about launch monitors, #3.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Same as most others. I’ll take 3

Pretty cool results being that they are same loft. Shaft making that much of a difference or was there a major swing difference between the first 2 and the last one?

Any how, that distance is a pretty average 8 iron for me or big 9 with a low draw.

I would think the first shot for me is probably dang close to my actual 8 iron stats launch and spin wise.

I need more spin so that middle one is a no go unless that’s like a punch 6 iron haha, though no way I’m getting that launch.

Pretty cool results being that they are same loft. Shaft making that much of a difference or was there a major swing difference between the first 2 and the last one?

Any how, that distance is a pretty average 8 iron for me or big 9 with a low draw.

I would think the first shot for me is probably dang close to my actual 8 iron stats launch and spin wise.

I need more spin so that middle one is a no go unless that’s like a punch 6 iron haha, though no way I’m getting that launch.

Two had the same shaft!

Clubs were, NOT in the order they went up, Apex Pro 19, PTx Pro, 902 Forged.

For those saying three, 9y carry left on the table from 2 and 3y from 1? That’s a lot of length left out there.

For those saying three, 9y carry left on the table from 2 and 3y from 1? That’s a lot of length left out there.

Yes, but if that’s a 9 iron (as I assume it is), you will have uber consistency with roll out. Any difference between the shots on peak height?

Yes, but if that’s a 9 iron (as I assume it is), you will have uber consistency with roll out. Any difference between the shots on peak height?

#2 had the highest peak.

Two had the same shaft!

Clubs were, NOT in the order they went up, Apex Pro 19, PTx Pro, 902 Forged.

Ok makes sense then. A low spin club (ptx), a playerish club with a low/mid spin shaft (pro) and then a player’s club that should spin a good bit with your speed(902)?

Cool comparison. Thanks jman

Ok makes sense then. A low spin club (ptx), a playerish club with a low/mid spin shaft (pro) and then a player’s club that should spin a good bit with your speed(902)?

Cool comparison. Thanks jman

Not the correct order :alien:

Thanks dude, I hoped it would spur some fun golf talk.

Back