Fun with Foresight: Which would you play?

I realize this is JMan's thread but I thought I'd share something similar without a new thread opening and they can move my stuff out if they want.

I have the Apex and the Combos and the PTX Pros. Yes I am a ho. Terrible sickness. Anyways, I have now hit all of these and have my own kind of takeaway here. Rating them in four categories 1-10 (FOR ME)

Apex Standard - Forgiveness - 10/10, Rollout - 6/10, Consistency of Distance 9.5/10, Goes straight 8/10
Apex Pro - Forgiveness - 6.5/10, Rollout - 9.5/10, Distance Consistency 10/10, Goes straight 9/10
PTX Pro - Forgiveness 8.5/10, Rollout - 9/10, Distance Consistency 10/10, Goes Straight 10/10

They all do something a little different for me. I got rid of Apex Pro because they weren't forgiving enough for me. But the Apex vs PTX pro - its a tradeoff. The PTX are silly consistent and just freaking go straight. But they aren't as forgiving as the Apex, which is the most forgiving iron I've ever played. However, the PTX doesn't roll out as much for me (lower spin player) and stays straighter which I think means they spin a bit more for me.

Distance, I really think they are pretty much loft for loft. PTX might be half a club shorter with more spin but it's not drastic. I'm pulling the same club each time, just need a bit more of a smush with contact to get it to where I'd get the Apex without a smush if that makes sense.

But I am playing a member guest this weekend and not sure which I prefer..always love extra forgiveness but damn the consistency of the PTXPRo was impressive. Guy I played with Sunday who I play with a lot said I should play the Hogans for how consistent they played.
PTX Pro - con

I was debating between 1 & 2 - with a slight edge to 2 based on what I usually like to see.

Back