First Look: Ben Hogan PTx Pro Irons in Black

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yes! These look awesome

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The inclusion of DBM is a great choice - it wears so darn slow and well.

I still love my original PTx set but they keep tempting me with these new releases. Although I like the black look I am not sure I would pull the trigger on a full set. I would have to try some black wedges before I commited to a full set. Interesting that the process can reduce the wear of faces and grooves.

Those look pretty freakin awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never been a fan of dark finish irons until now, due to the thought of them wearing. These look amazing and the DBM process seems like it works. Enter ponder list...

That DBM finish looks great!!

First Look: Ben Hogan PTx Pro Irons in Black

Those are legitimately the best looking black irons I’ve ever seen.

These look amazing. And I'm sure the lack of visible finish wear will equal that of what I have seen with the Equalizer Black wedges after 30 or so rounds.

I’ve never been a fan of dark finish irons until now, due to the thought of them wearing. These look amazing and the DBM process seems like it works. Enter ponder list...

It truly does work. It’s not absolutely wear proof, but, it’s insanely durable.

Those look awesome!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It truly does work. It’s not absolutely wear proof, but, it’s insanely durable.

Im glad to see brands like Hogan and Cobra use this finish. It can help with wear, which is something THPers by and large, want to reduce.

Im glad to see brands like Hogan and Cobra use this finish. It can help with wear, which is something THPers by and large, want to reduce.

Yep, it does it’s job better than anything else out there. It’s not perfect, but, no black finish will be with what irons and wedge go through (literally....the ground....haha).

Oh yeah! I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Having placed my order for Pro's back in early June, then going on backorder, BHgolf offered to upgrade my order to the DBM finish version a soon as they got them and put my order at the beginning of the production...been a horrible wait, so hopefully not much longer.

I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I get them!

Love the look great write up

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Morning nudge

Those irons look great in black. I love that they stuck with the DBM finish and wish other brands would do the same. I have to imagine these will be a big hit with consumers.

Man oh man these look good!

These look amazing.

Maybe a preview of some heads for the Graphite Challenge!!!

Wow, those look so good. If I thought my wife wouldn't kill me I'd buy a set, swap in my 110s, and sell my chrome heads.

Those look even better in black!

OK. Take my money. These look awesome.

Back