Do You Carry More Than 14?

Buster1

Reaction score
Handicap
9 GHIN
Wondering if anyone regularly carries more than 14 clubs? Obviously for daily use and not for any formal tournaments.

most of the time I probably have 17 or so clubs in my bag

I currently have 16 in the bag. 2 drivers (because I can't decide which setup I like better) and 2 4ish irons (1 King F9 and 1 King Black 4U) because they go completely different yardages.

Always carry 14. 12 of them are fixed for every round. Putter is always subject to change and 4 iron and 4 hybrid are each in the bag about half the time, but never at the same time.

14 unless I'm experimenting with a driver/shaft combo.

Yes, I do. However, some are usually just test clubs. If it's a round I'm using for a handicap round, I designate which 14 are the 14 that are "in play" prior to the round. Obviously if it's a tournament, I will pull those clubs out.

Always 14

Sometimes. Honestly - Im not on the tour so am not concerned about how many clubs someone carries. I have never used more than 12 clubs in a round so for me what I carry is irrelevant. I vacillate between fairway woods and hybrids which is why I may sometimes carry more than 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope my bag is set good right now. I do swap out the 7W and 4 Utility depending on course.

If I’m testing out putters I am, otherwise I’m usually 14 on the number or even 13 if I pull my 5w

Been playing for 40+ years and never carried more than 14 clubs; never saw the need plus there's the whole 14 club limit thing. Recently i've been going back & forth between 13 and 14 clubs.

No. Everything gaps as it should and with the exception of drivers, the other clubs performs identically to any other make/model of like category.

In other words, if the head is similar style and the shaft is the same I can put any iron in the bag and there won't be enough of a difference to make me pick different clubs for a given shot or to affect my scores.

14 for score (tagged with my Game Golf tags).

If I am playing by myself I often bring along 2-3 clubs and a few extra shafts to hit test shots with. Often I will camp out on a hole if the course is dead and do my testing from a certain yardage depending on what I am testing.

I've had two 3 woods in my bag a couple times but it's a rarity. I've carried more than 14 clubs maybe 30 times out of 4,000+ rounds and less than 14 clubs at least a thousand times. I used to pull a club or two when I was walking 36 or more holes in a day.

15...3I would get pulled if I was in a tournament.

Yep usually 14, unless I'm testing something.

If I'm not in an outing or league play - absolutely. I usually have two drivers or any other clubs I"m trying to get comfortable with.

Given my job here on thp, yes!

I carry 12 clubs, sometimes 13 depending on the course.

A local short 18 hole I take out the driver and play with 11.

Negative, many years ago when taking my nephew golfing we played with his grandfather (my brothers Father in law) and I pulled his clubs out of the car and damn near gave myself a hernia. He had at least 18 clubs in his bag (2 drivers, 2 putters, 2 chippers!) a ball picker and probably 5 dozen balls in that poor bag....

Left a very bad taste in my mouth and I refuse to have more than 14 in the bag.

Sometimes I’ll carry a few extra but I’ll designate which 14 are in play. I’ll drop a few balls and hit the non-designated for THP reviews.

Only if I am trying out a new club or doing a comparison on-course.

Typically 14 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to carry more than 14 haha

Back