Do You Carry More Than 14?

I move clubs in and out, but hardly ever have more than 14 during a round.

Nope...it's against the rules.

14 consistently for me.

Only if I'm testing something. For the vast majority though, ≤14 for me.

Always 14.

Plus a couple or three others to practice with.

Then again the vast majority of my rounds are with my Swedish mate Anders who takes as many shots as he sees fit.

When I play with my mates and we score properly on whatever method, I only take 14.

Currently have 15, 2 putters.

Nope. I always carry 14. The only exception to that would be if someone asks me to bring an extra club for them to try out that I am playing with but usually that is done on the range and it goes back in the car and not to the course unless they are putting it in their bag for the round.

I carry 13. Not sure when that started and am slightly embarrassed that I forgot that I can add something without taking another club out. Maybe time to start looking!

Yep 15,I live in the desert so I have a rock club

I carry 15 clubs. 1 putter, 2 wedges, A-4 irons, 1 hybrid, 1 Fairway Wood, 1 Driver, and a 7-Iron rock club. Golfing in the desert you find a lot of rocks in and around the course. I carry the rock club so I don't ruin my other clubs.

13 standard. I pulled my 5w as superfluous with my Hw. Lately, I carry a second SW for sandless bunkers. So 14.

Usually only if i am testing a new Driver or fairway wood.

I am kinda a stickler for rules so - NEVER
Even when testing

I'll occasionally carry 15 when vetting something new, but only if I'm playing alone. That'll change when/if I join a club and/or start maintaining a handicap, in which case I'll limit the bag to 14.

Last edited:
rare, when I'm trying out a new club or in Phoenix and need a desert 7 iron.

I'll sometimes take more than 14 to the course with me when I'm testing, but just for the range. The extras make their way to the trunk before the round starts.

Usually only 14 but when testing r comparing there may be a few extra

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I showed up to the Bridgestone event with 20, pared it down to 14 for the event though. I mainly wanted to see if I could find something on the range to justify some of them.

I won’t say if there were 4 drivers in my bag to start initially or not....

I have 15 cause I now have the Taylormade Mini Driver and 3 wedges.

14, except at THP events. At the TaylorMade event this year, on Sunday I had so many demo clubs - 4 7 irons in the bag (Regular Mizuno JPX900 Forged, TM M5, TM M6, and TM P7TW), a few extra Spider putters, and a few extra HiToe wedges. No gapping issues that day.

Just 14; I’m usually not using more than 8-10 on the course anyway so I have plenty for a round!

Just 14 for me. If there's a club or two I wanna test, I pull a club(s) to hit the number.

Just last week I went with 2 putters, pulled a hybrid. Hey, if I happen to play the round of my life, I want it to count!

Usually less never more. Sometimes less than twelve.

14 on the nose. I rarely use the all the clubs I carry, no need to carry any more.

Back