3 Woods - Srixon F85 vs TM M6 - currently play G400 Stretch

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello - Looking to get a new 3 wood.
Currently have a G400 Stretch with a Rogue Silver and 11g weight; but looking into a Srixon F85 3 wood; either 13 or 15* to use off the tee.
Also in the mix is the TM M6 in a 13 Rocket or 15*.

Anyone try these and have some insight? Also what shaft did you use?

Thank you

I wanted to love the g400 stretch but the fact for me was that it was short. I've got a 15* m6 with stock shaft, it is at least 15 longer than the ping.

Currently have a G400 Stretch with a Rogue Silver and 11g weight; but looking into a Srixon F85 3 wood; either 13 or 15* to use off the tee.

Thank you

There is some really good info on the Srixon in this thread. I know it has been a favorite for those who have it.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/109864-Srixon-Z85-Fairway-Wood-Review

Thank you

I’ve actually had both in the bag.

Both obviously give a little non traditional look, but for me the M6 actually feels more normal/comfortable to look at. Both set up a touch closed in my time with them as well.

They both create some legitimate ball speed, in my time the F85 spun a tiny bit more, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Launch goes to the M6, as does sound/feel (but that’s wildly personal).

Both legit very good fairways. I played a TPT 15LKP in both of them actually.

Overall for me I prefer the M6, BUT, I think bang for the buck though, the F85 is hard to sleep on.

I’ve actually had both in the bag.

Both obviously give a little non traditional look, but for me the M6 actually feels more normal/comfortable to look at. Both set up a touch closed in my time with them as well.

They both create some legitimate ball speed, in my time the F85 spun a tiny bit more, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Launch goes to the M6, as does sound/feel (but that’s wildly personal).

Both legit very good fairways. I played a TPT 15LKP in both of them actually.

Overall for me I prefer the M6, BUT, I think bang for the buck though, the F85 is hard to sleep on.

Thank you

Thank you

I sold a G400 3 -wood with GRaphite Design Tour Ad and replaced it with a Cleveland Laincher HB 3W with its stock Miyazaki shaft. I really like the Miyazaki .

Thank you

For the most part I agree with Jman but slightly contradict the spin numbers. We both had the f85 at the same time and constantly raved about it. I had the f85 first before m6 and absolutely loved it. It’s a ball speed monster!! Great from both the tee and fairway!! Started hitting some bad shots with it (my swing but I blame the club) so I bought the m6 3 wood. Both clubs are great and easy to hit tee or fairway. But I’d say Srixon is better off the tee than m6, but m6 is better from the fairway than Srixon.

Srixon does sit slightly closed but to my eye the m6 is neutral. Both look great at address but i prefer the matte finish on the m6. I think all the TM woods this year are the best looking woods I’ve ever seen and had m5 driver, m6 3w and 5w and now the mini driver also.

I posted numbers in the m5/6 fairway thread months ago but what I found was Srixon had better ball speed, and longer due to lower spin (probably due to the shaft i had in it vs what i play now in the m6). M6 was just barely slower but within 5 yards. I don’t look at fairways as clubs to hold greens with, but m6 launches higher and that’s usually what people are searching for. The big difference was the m6 was extremely more accurate for me

Shaft wise I had the graphite design AD BB in the Srixon (reason for the lower launch and spin.) M6 i have graphite design AD IZ (high launch, low spin). This is the most accurate shaft I’ve played

IMO you can’t go wrong with either! If the m6 is the best fairway I’ve ever hit, the f85 is a very close second. I love to tinker with clubs and always have a backup set of different clubs to plug in and try. If I never tried the m6 to compare to the f85, then I’d happily still be gaming it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back