Srixon moving up in market share in golf ball category

What is the difference between the Z Star and Z Star XV? I think I read that the XV is a higher compression? Which one would you play if you want to compare it to the Snell MTB X, which is what I'm playing right now.

I must say, Im surprised to hear this. Ive given various Srixon balls a try from time to time and never have been impressed with them. Infact, just yesterday I found a Srixon Soft Feel on the course and played it for a few holes. It was OK, nothing special.
I guess its just a testament to the power of marketing.

It’s not marketing. The ZStar is as good if not better than any ball there is. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the difference between the Z Star and Z Star XV? I think I read that the XV is a higher compression? Which one would you play if you want to compare it to the Snell MTB X, which is what I'm playing right now.

The XV is the firmer if the two and closer to the MTB-X if you are going to compare. But, they both are going to perform very similarly. Maybe a few hundred RPM’s difference, with similar launch angles.

Funny to see this thread after buying some balls last night. Checking out at DSG some young kid at the register was trying to give me reasons to buy last years TP5 or ProV1 over the new Z-Star XV. "I've played those since high school, they are better balls." I didn't have time or patients to even talk to him about it so I asked him "So you play Taylormade M4 irons don't you?" (NOTHING AGAINST THOSE CLUBS AS THIS WAS A WILD GUESS) and he was speechless.... I guess I nailed him since all he talked about was distance. I still bought the Srixon and walked out. Kid wasn't much older than my daughter whom was present and she laughed at the confusion so I spent 20 minutes explaining golf balls and clubs on the way home.

Srixon is my go-to brand right now. Once I get through the menagerie of brands I decided to buy this year I will probably play Srixon exclusively, unless some other brand really wows me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me at all. I love the Z-Star!

Happy for srixon. They’ve worked really hard to become a player in the industry and it’s showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back