Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great initial write up and pics JB. I think it’s great they’ve changed the grinds depending on loft. I’ve had my original CBX wedges for ages and was holding off buying new ones till I saw these. A new 50* & 56 (maybe 54) will be had.

I like the looks of these a lot. Definitely look like a nice iteration of a great product.

I feel like if your're not doing something to differentiate your wedge product (balanced CG, progressive grinds, etc) you're falling behind

a wedge is a wedge is a wedge just doesn't apply anymore

Cleveland is certainly at the forefront of GI wedge design. This appears to be a sizable leap from the already great originals. I generally (probably in mistake) looked at the CBX as a strong option in the Gap wedge slot, but now with the different grinds depending on loft, these appear to me to be contenders in all lofts.

I'm curious how much feel differs between these and traditional cast wedges.

• Admin
@Canadan had no issue with versatility using the 56 out of a bunker.

3e606648e00e6cb4698b77a4f3626579.gif

Nice looking wedge.

Really like what Cleveland is doing with this line. Seems like the GW lofts would marry up perfectly with a cavity back iron set that ends with PW. The person not wanting to go into a blade GW for forgiveness purposes would seemingly find a good fit here. From all the feedback I have read, the benefits do not end there with the versatility of these wedges throughout the loft range.

Very good looking wedge. Gonna put this on the ponder list for a 54 replacement...

Great write up. The first generation of CBX wedges are fantastic and I'm sure CBX 2 is another step forward for Cleveland.

Yeah. These are going to have to happen.

I'm so happy with the new sole grinds. I will have to give these a try, and I expect I'll end up with a set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ll try to get some fancy pics today or tomorrow for everyone as I’ll be working with the 52 for review!

Are the wedges "Heavy"? meaning, when you pick it up, do you feel the head,
One of the things I've come to like about the Tri-Weight Wedge I have from NL is how heavy it is and how it helps get through the sand and rough.

Are the wedges "Heavy"? meaning, when you pick it up, do you feel the head,
One of the things I've come to like about the Tri-Weight Wedge I have from NL is how heavy it is and how it helps get through the sand and rough.

That is swing weight. Getting head heavy is fairly easily obtainable.

It's really cool seeing the technology that has been put in to wedges the last few years. I'm not sure I would use it for my highest lofted wedge but it seems like it would be a great option for that gap wedge area.

It's really cool seeing the technology that has been put in to wedges the last few years. I'm not sure I would use it for my highest lofted wedge but it seems like it would be a great option for that gap wedge area.

This is where I will be going. I really liked the first CBX in the GW spot in my bag. The CBX 2 will be making an appearance there as well, in the 50 degree spot.

Nice write up!

The OG was fantastic- extremely versatile with a ton of forgiveness- looking forward to trying these. The grinds by loft is very helpful too.

Great stock shaft pairing.

I really enjoy my 50 CBX (although I do move it in and out of the bag a good bit) and I would love to give the CBX 2 a try.

I used it a few times while we played golf this weekend. Out of the bunker the ball jumped off the head nicely. I had one of those longer greenside bunker shots that require some extra yardage but you still need that good splash to get it going. CBX2 worked great in the 56 degree, and the GIF JB shared actually ended up very tight to the pin which was cool.

I hit it another time from a lie that required a low pitch to a 85ish yard hole (I wasn't under a tree or anything, I don't miss, you're crazy lmao). I was able to achieve a low shot that almost got me there, not even coming close to touching the branches. Tells me that there is some vertical freedom.

The design might be the most impressive part. This is a wedge unlike any other, and I think it looks wildly better than their previous CBX offering. I am genuinely excited for golfers to experience it.

Still in love with my original release CBX wedges (48-54-60) but I'm almost guaranteed to upgrade. Love that they moved CoG even more toward the toe. I added a few grams of toe weight to each of mine because I fear being too near the hosel and like to play my wedges slightly toe side. Solid move to vary the grinds per loft too. Provides the kind of interaction we usually need when we're playing shots with each loft.

this fills a really nice need that most of us have. i'm surprised we don't see this more from other oems. that said, i've never seen one of these in the wild, at least in the bag of someone who is not a thp'er. so maybe it's just a demand thing.

Cannot wait to read/see all the the tests and reviews. These will defiantly be replacing my 6 year old Mizuno blades! I'm also looking forward to the matching CBX2 irons which should come out shortly after these, if they are on the same 2 year release cycle.

Looking forward to these as an early adopter of the CBX1 wedge.
My only knock is the red accents. Just not a big fan of red. When first seeing them in pics I thought the old version actually looked better. But I do dig the RTX4 type font on the number etc.
Oh and no black satin option. That would have been sweet.

Need to get these in hand for some testing.

I was/am a huge fan of the CBX. Thanks to THP i was able to demo them before they were released. They have been in my bag for the past 2 years. I still believe they are the single best wedge I have ever played for full swings. They are extremely good around the greens as well, maybe just lacking a touch of versatility compared to some specialty wedges, but still can handle almost all of the shots that most amateur golfers should be trying. Im excited to see how they have improved with Version 2.

Back