Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

The design might be the most impressive part. This is a wedge unlike any other, and I think it looks wildly better than their previous CBX offering. I am genuinely excited for golfers to experience it.

I wanted to like the first CBX, but for whatever reason (user error most likely) they did not work for me. I had hoped they would give me just a hair more forgiveness and in doing so a little more distance to bridge the gap in my last set Srixon 565 GW which i hit about 115-120. I like to play 50,54,58 in my wedges.

I love my CBX 1.0 too and therefore am glad CBX 2.0 doesn't represent a drastic change. IMO a toe biased wedge like 2.0 is a huge deal for golfers like me. I'm also fully onboard with the greenside versatility the extra sole grinds will provide, the groove upgrade, and likely the feel upgrade (although I'll have to compare that in hand). CBX 1.0 are awesome, made a huge difference in my short game, but Cleveland did more than enough with this new release to get serious upgrade consideration from me.

I agree. I had the CBX 1.0 in 48 (and later 50) and 54, and I loved them. They were the easiest wedges I've ever hit with a full swing. They were also easy to chip with. BUT, I ultimately stuck with the MD4s because they had more versatility with the different sole grinds. The improvements of the 2.0, though, could have me back on board the CBX train. I'm excited about this release.

I agree. I had the CBX 1.0 in 48 (and later 50) and 54, and I loved them. They were the easiest wedges I've ever hit with a full swing. They were also easy to chip with. BUT, I ultimately stuck with the MD4s because they had more versatility with the different sole grinds. The improvements of the 2.0, though, could have me back on board the CBX train. I'm excited about this release.

It might be the case that I’m not appreciative enough of the new versatility- playing off a 17-19 im not really skilled enough to take advantage of the new grinds. I’m looking forward to seeing them and with a bag full of Cleveland from Driver thru Lob I’m sure a CBX2 will one day follow me hom

It might be the case that I’m not appreciative enough of the new versatility- playing off a 17-19 im not really skilled enough to take advantage of the new grinds. I’m looking forward to seeing them and with a bag full of Cleveland from Driver thru Lob I’m sure a CBX2 will one day follow me hom

With my pitch/flop shots, I just need some heel relief. Without it, I'm terrified I'll blade the ball across the green.

I’ve been looking all over anyone know what steel is it made from? 431 stainless?

Course bound with this one finally.

Checked the loft and lie on my Mitchell and both were perfect.

ad00d0543f824237d2e79a47ae480a2a.jpg

Course bound with this one finally.

Checked the loft and lie on my Mitchell and both were perfect.

I’m looking forward to your feedback on this one. I love the new loft/bounce stamping too

Not sure why, but this release is much more appealing visually than the original. Kind of similar to the PTX Pro in how improved the aesthetics are over the prior version.

Curious how they work for you James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why, but this release is much more appealing visually than the original. Kind of similar to the PTX Pro in how improved the aesthetics are over the prior version.

Curious how they work for you James.

I agree with this

Looking forward to your feedback, James.

I dig these.

I think I'll pre-ordering a couple of these. They just look good and if they're anything like the first version they will feel good too.

Those wedges look great. I was able to hit the previous version a few times and they were crazy easy to hit. Assume these will be just as good if not better

I think I'll pre-ordering a couple of these. They just look good and if they're anything like the first version they will feel good too.
I may be doing the same. I love my MD4s, and I hit them very well, even on full swings, but I've never been more automatic in my life from 85 to 115 yards than I was with the CBXs. Think I have to give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Budget Golf will have them up for presale on 8/12

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll have some initial thoughts here later, but I want to say something I have many times in the past.

For wedges, Cleveland’s satin finish is second to none.

Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Allllllright.

As I wait for Costco to open, how about some initial thoughts?

I played 36 yesterday and tried to use the 52/11 I have in as much as possible, even on several shots I had no business using it around the greens (shorts side I needed to fly up and soft) because hey, it’s testing, right?

Feel: Really good. Better than the CBX for me which I thought was great when I was playing a 50 for a bit. No click, but also nothing lost in undue density. It’s also very consistent so far across the face laterally and vertically.

Spin: Brand new grooves so I don’t want to overtalk this point and I’m not going to put it on the Foresight until I get a couple bunker sessions in to break it in a bit. But, I saw backspin into greens on full, 3/4, and 1/2 shots. Greenside my favorite ever toe down skip checker was there too, so that’s fun.

Flight: On full swings it’s high, I know that’s pet design, part shaft, part user, but it’s a more arcing flight than my RTX4’s, but they have heavier shafts and aren’t loft to loft comparisons (48 and 54).

Versatility: I’m not going to dive into this much until I get a few more swings and a laptop in front of me too. I think the CBX line gets an unfair and premeditated label of lacking versatility and part of that is enough of the story for the different grinds isn’t being seen by those making assumptions for the wider sole. I want to dive into this more soon.

Forgiveness: This is where the CBX 2 imo crushes all comers for wedges. It’s not a set wedge, but it’s about 3 times more comfortable forgiveness wise for me than a bladed wedge in that lower loft range. REALLY would like to be able to test the extremes of my typical setup (48/54/60) because I think there is a lot to keep a keen eye on there.

More soon!

Last edited:
I was/am a huge fan of the CBX. ... I still believe they are the single best wedge I have ever played for full swings. They are extremely good around the greens as well, maybe just lacking a touch of versatility compared to some specialty wedges, but still can handle almost all of the shots that most amateur golfers should be trying. I'm excited to see how they have improved with Version 2.

I have to agree with you about the ease of full swings with the CBX's. These have been the only wedges I've ever had success hitting full shots with. I'm looking forward to comparisons of the CBX2's with the originals.

Allllllright.

I played 36 yesterday and tried to use the 52/11 I have in as much as possible, even on several shots I had no business using it around the greens (shorts side I needed to fly up and soft) because hey, it’s testing, right?

Feel: Really good. Better than the CBX for me which I thought was great when I was playing a 50 for a bit. No click, but also nothing lost in undue density. It’s also very consistent so far across the face laterally and vertically.

Spin: Brand new grooves so I don’t want to overtalk this point and I’m not going to put it on the Foresight until I get a couple bunker sessions in to break it in a bit. But, I saw backspin into greens on full, 3/4, and 1/2 shots. Greenside my favorite ever toe down skip checker was there too, so that’s fun.

Flight: On full swings it’s high, I know that’s pet design, part shaft, part user, but it’s a more arcing flight than my RTX4’s, but they have heavier shafts and aren’t loft to loft comparisons (48 and 54).

Versatility: I’m not going to dive into this much until I get a few more swings and a laptop in front of me too. I think the CBX line gets an unfair and premeditated label of lacking versatility and part of that is enough of the story for the different grinds isn’t being seen by those making assumptions for the wider sole. I want to dive into this more soon.

Forgiveness: This is where the CBX 2 imo crushes all comers for wedges. It’s not a set wedge, but it’s about 3 times more comfortable forgiveness wise for me than a bladed wedge in that lower loft range. REALLY would like to be able to test the extremes of my typical setup (48/54/60) because I think there is a lot to keep a keen eye on there.

More soon!

Evening bump.

Budget Golf will have them up for presale on 8/12

Does budget golf do custom orders? Looking to pick one up but a bit longer than standard.

Allllllright.

More soon!

You are not making this easy on me dude

Question ...I purchased the Launcher HB Irons (4-PW, graphite R Flex) last month and was getting ready to fill-out my set and order the GW and SW, until I saw that Cleveland was releasing the CBX 2 Wedges later this month. So, for those of you who have the Launcher HBs in your bags, is the CBX a good addition for the short irons? I ask this because I read a little bit about the steel shaft for the CBX 2, which is supposed to be a good match for the many game improvement/forgiving iron offerings out there today. Any/all responses will be much appreciated ...

Mike
MPM1960

Question ...I purchased the Launcher HB Irons (4-PW, graphite R Flex) last month and was getting ready to fill-out my set and order the GW and SW, until I saw that Cleveland was releasing the CBX 2 Wedges later this month. So, for those of you who have the Launcher HBs in your bags, is the CBX a good addition for the short irons? I ask this because I read a little bit about the steel shaft for the CBX 2, which is supposed to be a good match for the many game improvement/forgiving iron offerings out there today. Any/all responses will be much appreciated ...

Mike
MPM1960

Depends on what you’re looking to do there honestly.

If they’re pure full swing clubs the odds are wedges from a set like those are going to be more forgiving. If you want some more versatility without necessarily sacrificing a ton of forgiveness, these are the best wedge designs out there imo (CBX and CBX2) to accomplish that.

Back