Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

I believe the CBX 2 graphite offering is the same 'ROTEX PRECISION GRAPHITE' wedge flex shaft as in the earlier version. If so, I have that shaft in all my CBX wedges (48,54,60). It's the first time I had graphite wedges and they do feel lighter but I was upgrading from some very heavy (IMO) wedges ... 1st version PM grinds with stock steel. I went the CBX route primarily to step seamlessly from my CB GI irons. My irons are graphite so it made sense to me to go graphite with my wedges too. I don't know what a 'better wedge shaft upgrade' might offer but the ROTEX have been an excellent performer for me...caveat being that I'm not a high swing speed player and I'm also not one who goes full tilt with my wedges. I'm sure the shafts would hold up if you're the opposite. But for me precision, contact, and control suffer if I go at it too hard with a wedge. I don't think it's a shaft issue at all though, It's always been the same issues when I gamed the stiffest heaviest steel options too.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.
I normally play Regular Flex in my Wedges as I'm a slower swinger as well and I find the "Wedge" Flex in steel just doesn't work.
So with no real shaft options, I might have to go to the graphite.

I normally play Regular Flex in my Wedges as I'm a slower swinger as well and I find the "Wedge" Flex in steel just doesn't work.

I have graphite in CBX 56*. It’s my first graphite shaft wedge. Except Gap wedges that is part of the iron set.
So far I have no issues at all. I have steel shaft in 50* CBX and I think I prefer graphite shaft now. It’s much easier to swing and it does not ballon the ball. It’s a stock graphite shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in full ponder mode for a 50* CBX2. I think I'm going to order my new set 5-PW and use this for the 50* GW. Still undecided on the 54* and 58*, though.

I'm in full ponder mode for a 50* CBX2. I think I'm going to order my new set 5-PW and use this for the 50* GW. Still undecided on the 54* and 58*, though.

That is my plan. Use the CBX 2 as my gap and then move into wedges at 56 and 60 bent to 61.

I started playing graphite in my wedges about 4.5 years ago (same time I went to graphite in irons) and saw immediate improvements in full and partial shots.

please and thank you. I'm in the market for a 54 to bridge from my G410 UW to my RTX4 58 mid.

I can say without a doubt that would bridge excellently.

Getting a graphite shaft in one of these seems like the sensible thing to do for me. I’m only really going to be using it on full and 3/4 shots 99% of the time I suspect, the odd bump and run.

That is my plan. Use the CBX 2 as my gap and then move into wedges at 56 and 60 bent to 61.

What are you putting in the 56* and 61* spot?

What are you putting in the 56* and 61* spot?

RTX4 in the 56 and the 61 is a PM Grind 19

RTX4 in the 56 and the 61 is a PM Grind 19

I've still never hit a PM Grind - probably should change that soon.

I’m liking all of the feedback so far. Going to be a pretty easy purchase i think.

Jman;n8638208 said:
I want a 48.

Do they make one stock or do you have to bend one?

JohnSinVA;n8873684 said:

From the article in the first post.

The CBX 2 has three sole grinds and they are done based on loft. It’s a simplified idea that helps to take out any confusion you might have when deciding on what sole is best for your game. The V-Shaped Sole is in lofts 46-52 degrees. The S-Shaped Sole is offered in lofts of 54 and 56 degrees. Finally the C-Shaped Sole comes in with lofts of 58 and 60 degrees.

Really enjoying the feel of these wedges so far. Weight is perfect for me, slightly on the heavier side which helps with contact. Cuts through bunkers easily. Grooves are sharp and spin is superb. Excellent, excellent clubs.

JohnSinVA;n8873684 said:

JB answered it below.

Really, I’d go 48 and bend it a touch strong like my current setup.

Would love to do a versatility throwdown. I think in the GW the CBX2 would own the RTX4 for me, but I think the 54 would hold its own and the 60 would be safe as can be.

David-G;n8636971 said:
Rumor has it (direct from source) a new club is coming out Very Shortly that will be the upgrade/replacement for the CBX irons.....

I would be very interested in those irons. The CBX are great irons already and its #4 iron the only 4 im able to hit consistently. What would be the timing of the nem CBX irons?

Yummy

Attachments

• photo35747.jpg
    photo35747.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
Pre-order is in the queue!

I'm currently still playing Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges, cavity-back 50*, and muscle-back 56* and 60*. I use the 50* for everything except greenside bunkers, flops, or touch shots from heavy greenside rough. The extra forgiveness of the cavity-back in the 50* spot really works for me, so I'm thinking the CBX-2 50* might be the perfect replacement for my current 50*, but will probably go RTX-4 for my other wedges as I like the muscle-back style in the higher lofts.

RTX 2.0 CB and CBX-2 look fairly similar.

cleveland-588-rtx-2.0-cb-tour-satin-wedge-52-golf-club_27414432.jpg IMG_0741-2.jpg

OldeDude;n8875608 said:
I'm currently still playing Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges, cavity-back 50*, and muscle-back 56* and 60*. I use the 50* for everything except greenside bunkers, flops, or touch shots from heavy greenside rough. The extra forgiveness of the cavity-back in the 50* spot really works for me, so I'm thinking the CBX-2 50* might be the perfect replacement for my current 50*, but will probably go RTX-4 for my other wedges as I like the muscle-back style in the higher lofts.

RTX 2.0 CB and CBX-2 look fairly similar.

Aesthetically I agree, but design wise they are COMPLETELY different beasts and performers.

Iceman!;n8875621 said:
I see now on the website that this wedge is "Customizable" with shaft, loft, length, lie and grip options.

I believe someone in here "called that" earlier. Haha

Back