Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Iceman!;n8875621 said:
I see now on the website that this wedge is "Customizable" with shaft, loft, length, lie and grip options.

Happy days as I want a 51*.

Jman;n8875642 said:
Aesthetically I agree, but design wise they are COMPLETELY different beasts and performers.

I'd be interested in more details on the differences. The faces should be very similar, size/shape/weight don't look too much different, the CBX-2 sole grind does look to be a potentially significant improvement, and I would guess the hollow cavity might be even more forgiving?

By the way, I've put UST Recoil 95s in my current wedges, for me a great improvement over the stock steel shafts, and would absolutely go with them, or something similar, in any future wedges.

OldeDude;n8875772 said:
I'd be interested in more details on the differences. The faces should be very similar, size/shape/weight don't look too much different, the CBX-2 sole grind does look to be a potentially significant improvement, and I would guess the hollow cavity might be even more forgiving?

By the way, I've put UST Recoil 95s in my current wedges, for me a great improvement over the stock steel shafts, and would absolutely go with them, or something similar, in any future wedges.

Check out the link in the original post of this thread, great article on the homepage on it.

The hollow cavity is a big deal, and just the cavity design in general, the CB was a "cavity" without really shifting all that much weight to the perimeter, here, there is a sizable movement of mass which having played/bagged both models is also a sizeable forgiveness increase.

Jman;n8875784 said:
Check out the link in the original post of this thread, great article on the homepage on it.

The hollow cavity is a big deal, and just the cavity design in general, the CB was a "cavity" without really shifting all that much weight to the perimeter, here, there is a sizable movement of mass which having played/bagged both models is also a sizeable forgiveness increase.

Thanks! I had read the article, and figured the hollow cavity and v-sole grind would be good improvements over my current 50*, great to hear from someone who has hit both that the CBX-2 is really that much better.

A few of the golf stores around me have had these out for a couple days now, and they look good in person. I wonder if Budget Golf will get them up before 8/30?

Sooner21;n8876815 said:
A few of the golf stores around me have had these out for a couple days now, and they look good in person. I wonder if Budget Golf will get them up before 8/30?

They're, IMO, an improvement on the OG version and I'm still not sure how they did that entirely.

I do think they fall into that "niche" range, unfairly, but they are damn good at what they do.

I'm very legitimately considering going 48/54 in the CBX2 myself.

Jman;n8876862 said:
They're, IMO, an improvement on the OG version and I'm still not sure how they did that entirely.

I do think they fall into that "niche" range, unfairly, but they are damn good at what they do.

I'm very legitimately considering going 48/54 in the CBX2 myself.

I'm going 50* - just waiting for BG to put them up for sale. I haven't had new irons or wedges in a while and now have a set of 919 Forged, 54*, and 58* on order. I plan on overhauling the top of my bag next year.

Little bump.

Finished this article last night and I’m seriously considering ordering a set in my lofts today.

Jman;n8879860 said:
Little bump.

Finished this article last night and I’m seriously considering ordering a set in my lofts today.

I was searching for this thread today but only found the old thread....I just preordered a 60* with a Hi-Rev shaft. I am looking forward to experimenting with this bad boy.

Danimal;n8879861 said:
I was searching for this thread today but only found the old thread....I just preordered a 60* with a Hi-Rev shaft. I am looking forward to experimenting with this bad boy.

Haha, I know, was a strategic bump on my part haha

Jman;n8879863 said:
Haha, I know, was a strategic bump on my part haha

Very Sneaky, yet effective.

Danimal;n8879861 said:

Its a tough name to search for being 3 characters, but its a good wedge haha.

I like both of my set GW's but the 48* CBX was money for me. I could see myself with an entire set of these: 48*/54*/60*. I will probably start with a 54 or 56 to test first. I'm most curious to try a LW, but that's the slot I'm least likely to change.

I have the 50* being built and sent out hopefully within the next week. Same specs and shaft as my irons - I have high hopes for this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner21;n8879870 said:
I have the 50* being built and sent out hopefully within the next week. Same specs and shaft as my irons - I have high hopes for this one

Looking forward to your feedback.

Danimal;n8879864 said:
Very Sneaky, yet effective.

I do what I can!

I do think im going to order tomorrow. Might as well!

Put the CBX1 54 and 58 in play today and I’d forgotten how good they are. I just want the CBx2 now

I never got around to trying the RTX-4s this past year, where I was contemplating a 56*/62*(low) combo. SO, now I'm thinking a 50*/56* CBX 2 and a 62*(low) RTX-4. Sounds fun.

I had a little hotel time to kill this weekend and I read and researched as much as I could. I’m pretty darn sure the 50* will be a preorder.

Molten;n8879989 said:
I had a little hotel time to kill this weekend and I read and researched as much as I could. I’m pretty darn sure the 50* will be a preorder.
Cleveland gave most big box stores the go ahead to put them out. They've been available locally to me for a week already, and I don't live in a golf store rich market.

Sooner21;n8880003 said:
Cleveland gave most big box stores the go ahead to put them out. They've been available locally to me for a week already, and I don't live in a golf store rich market.

Nice! I’ve got to make a trip and hit it then. I have a feeling that is going to be a killer gap wedge.

These are in stores already with Graphite shafts.
Here is my current ponder:
a465e2f6abdd7243681bc5f58bccf796.jpg

I’’m still torn on what shaft I want to use for these. I have the 780 F3 SMACWRAP in my irons but Cleveland only offers that in the F4. I don’t think I want to go stiffer. That basically brings me to staying with the stock Rotex or the Recoil 95 which would the slightly heavier and I could go F3 in that or even F2 if I want them to play softer.

Anyone know the specific differences between the 95 and the Rotex since both are UST made? I’m guessing the 95 will be a softer tip while being 5g more. I would be getting a 54 and 58 with the majority of its use being for chipping within 20 yards of the green.

Really great write up, Jman - one of your best reads.

Back