Plus and Star Markings On A Callaway Ball

buckeyewalt

Reaction score
Handicap
Got an e-mail from a company that is selling brand new Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X with graphene. The ad states:

"
These brand new balls (NOT logo overruns or X-outs) are Callaway's "Tour Select" versions—
very special balls provided only to Callway's PGA Tour pros (including the elite pros whose names you would immediately recognize) and receive a VIP level of QC.
Being tweaked for pro players (and not intended for public sale), they have slight variations to the standard Chrome Soft sidestamp (like a "+" or "★" appended). They are of course USGA conforming.

Just curious as to what the + or * mean. Heck of a deal well under $30 for a dz. Maybe these things are so firm that I wouldn't be able hit them well, IDK..just asking.

Got an e-mail from a company that is selling brand new Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X with graphene. The ad states:

"
These brand new balls (NOT logo overruns or X-outs) are Callaway's "Tour Select" versions—
very special balls provided only to Callway's PGA Tour pros (including the elite pros whose names you would immediately recognize) and receive a VIP level of QC.
Being tweaked for pro players (and not intended for public sale), they have slight variations to the standard Chrome Soft sidestamp (like a "+" or "★" appended). They are of course USGA conforming.

Just curious as to what the + or * mean. Heck of a deal well under $30 for a dz. Maybe these things are so firm that I wouldn't be able hit them well, IDK..just asking.

usually it's more spin or less spin.

I have a sleeve our rep gave me a few years ago with a Star on it and it was a prototype version that never got released to the public he told me.

Stars and diamonds usually indicate prototypes for tour players, not for sale.

Back