Titleist TS Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I always find it interesting where the sole weight is placed.
Given the TS2 is supposed to be their easier to launch more forgiving option, why not place the weight low and back?

913 it was back.
915 it was forward
816 it was forward
818 had the tube weight (I'd say more forward based on the channel it sat in)
TS2 - forward

First, very informative article.

Second, Thank you for putting this in your review:
"How you deliver the club head to the ball is how Titleist determines which option is best for you. The larger, almost fairway wood look of the TS2 will favor the golfer that has a sweeping delivery to the ball. The compact and square toe shape of the TS3 will be the ticket for the golfer that hits down on the ball. Obviously none of this is hard and fast, but generally speaking, this makes a lot of sense."

I have struggled so much with the newer Callaway Hybrids with the square toe shape that I went to a TEE EXS with more of a fairway wood look to it and found some real success as I'm more of a sweeper than a digger - Couldn't figure out why I struggled so much, now at least I have an excuse to hang my hat on.

The TS2 hybrid has me in high ponder mode for sure. Like the idea that it's for a sweeper of the ball ... which I am. Thinking of replacing my 5-wood at 19*

iirc, MAP for the 818 hybrids were $299, and, these are $279. The more competitive price should help these be a bit more popular. I will be checking these out at a Titleist Thursday some time in the future.

iirc, MAP for the 818 hybrids were $299, and, these are $279. The more competitive price should help these be a bit more popular. I will be checking these out at a Titleist Thursday some time in the future.

Titleist comes in $20 less than Callaway's price for the Flash hybrids. Surprising considering that Titleist's prices on its website for the drivers and FWs are more than Callaway's on its website?

It's weird to think that the TS3 has more visual offset presence.

2Ti.jpg

I'm kind of surprised they got rid of the recoil channel. They've had a nice little run here with hybrids going back to the 816 which I thought was sneaky good.

I'm kind of surprised they got rid of the recoil channel. They've had a nice little run here with hybrids going back to the 816 which I thought was sneaky good.

It was good, but man was it annoying.

Definitely favor the look of the TS3 and that it appears to be more iron replacement than the TS2.

Definitely favor the look of the TS3 and that it appears to be more iron replacement than the TS2.

They consider both of them to be that way. In the article it touches on the type of player each fits towards, in regards to the way the club comes into the ball.

If they are anything like the woods they will be awesome.

I think I'd prefer the TS2 just because it's look is similar to my 816.

I love my 816 so much tho it would have to break before I'd look at anything else.

If they are anything like the woods they will be awesome.

I think I'd prefer the TS2 just because it's look is similar to my 816.

I love my 816 so much tho it would have to break before I'd look at anything else.

The 816 H1 has beaten out a LOT of hybrids for me over the last year or so. It's very good.

Titleist is usually not at the forefront in club engineering, but I’ve always thought their fairway and hybrid offerings were extremely solid. Not a hybrid player, but the ts2 is intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always find it interesting where the sole weight is placed.
Given the TS2 is supposed to be their easier to launch more forgiving option, why not place the weight low and back?

913 it was back.
915 it was forward
816 it was forward
818 had the tube weight (I'd say more forward based on the channel it sat in)
TS2 - forward

The weight is there only for tuning of swingweight. They think they already have the weighting the way they want for it's purpose, so having the tuning weight close to the middle would tend to preserve that.

IMO, while a hybrid should be a bit easier to elevate than an iron, if more help is needed for height, one should look to FWs.

Anyone hit the TS2 vs. The TSi2? Any performance advantages that you have seen one over the other?

I was a little worried that the tsi3 wouldn’t be able to replace the 816 h2 but after one round I’m confident it is at worst just as good. I like the black head better than the grey in the 816 so that is a bonus. Great feel and excellent flight with the av raw white 90 shaft

I was a little worried that the tsi3 wouldn’t be able to replace the 816 h2 but after one round I’m confident it is at worst just as good. I like the black head better than the grey in the 816 so that is a bonus. Great feel and excellent flight with the av raw white 90 shaft
Think this is what you were looking for. ;)

Reactions: MH
Back