Golf Club Weights

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently there has been a lot of talk about swing weight and how to accomplish that, so we wanted to break down the different weight options available to accomplish this task during club building.

Nudge for a breakdown of things that can be done to alter club weight.

I think this is good content. @Jman is there any noticeable difference adding weight to the shaft tip/hosel than say, lead tape across the back of an iron?

To their credit , Ping is the one and only OEM which designs into their metal wood and iron heads the capacity to easily add or remove head weight.

I have very minimal knowledge or understanding of swing weight, but after watching this, it makes a lot more sense to me. Pretty incredible how moving the weight around different parts of the club can have such small or large differences. Thank you for putting this together guys!!

I think this is good content. @Jman is there any noticeable difference adding weight to the shaft tip/hosel than say, lead tape across the back of an iron?

There’s really not, main reason being we aren’t dealing with that much weight, so tip weight or lead ON the club won’t lead to a discernible difference of one over the other.

To their credit , Ping is the one and only OEM which designs into their metal wood and iron heads the capacity to easily add or remove head weight.

Um, not sure how you’re seeing this as the case...

Another very cool video with very clear and concise explanations.

Another very cool and informative video. Well done!

I was just wondering what the club builder would actually do if I go and get my Apex 19's checked for loft, lie and swing weight, so the timing on this is perfect and answers a big part of my curiosity on his options to change swing weight.

Thanks all! We are so glad you’re enjoying!

There’s really not, main reason being we aren’t dealing with that much weight, so tip weight or lead ON the club won’t lead to a discernible difference of one over the other.

Thought so but wasn’t sure. Appreciate the knowledge sir! Will definitely come in handy as I’ve been known to tinker every once in a while. :D

I was on the you Tube site to day at work while running reports, watched all the epode videos out there from the weekend so far, great stuff. Must have watched the Hot Melt 3 times....

More knowledge bombs being dropped. Loving these videos guys. I'm learning stuff and that hasn't happened since college.

Back