Pick your OEM complete bag!

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you had a chance to build a complete bag “free” which one (1) OEM, who would you pick and what clubs from current lineup would you go with? These could include clubs announced but not yet available for purchase. Throw any putter in to finish off the bag.

Myself, I would choose Callaway as I have never owned a Callaway club although my wife sports Callaway through her bag.

- Driver. Epic Flash Sub Zero Triple Diamond
- 3 Wood. Epic Flash 3 Wood
- Epic Flash 3 hybrid
- Apex 19 Pro Combo set 4-7 Apex/8-PW Apex Pro
- Mac Daddy 4 chrome wedges in 50, 54 & 58 profiles
- Toulon Memphis with StrokeLab shaft

Pick your OEM complete bag!

I'd let the fitting decide which clubs go in which spots, but I'd be fine with PING, Callaway, Titleist, Mizuno, Cleveland/Srixon, or Hogan taking all the spots. I feel there's top notch products from quite a few companies - just a matter of which ones you prefer. Just no Taylormade for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mizuno-

ST190G Driver
ST190 3 wood & 5 wood
MP20 (fli-hi equivalent) 3 iron
MP20 MB 5-PW
50* 54* 58* S18 wedges
Mizuno Bettnardi B339 putter

Srixon/Cleveland

Whatever driver and fairway I fit into best from Srixon with a H85 hybrid into the 585 irons and RTX4 wedges. Cleveland putter that feels nice. (I would have went Ping but already have a bag full of them)

This is so tough, I love my Callaway Epic Flash and I would love to try the Apex CF19 in the bag, but I am hitting my JPX 919 Hot Metals really well.

Mizuno I would go:
ST190G Driver
ST190 4 wood
CLK 20* Hybrid
JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-G
T20 54* and 60*

Callaway I would Go
Epic Flash Driver
Epic Flash 4 Wood
Epic Flash Heavenwood
Apex Combo set 5-AW
Mack Daddy 4 54*
Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*

I am not giving up my Ben Hogan BHB02 putter for either company though.

i could do it with almost every oem right now and be pretty happy with the setup. ping would be the hardest for me since i don’t like their irons or wedges. but if i have to build one it’s obviously callaway.

flash 10.5
flash 4w
flash 3h
apex 4h
apex combo 5-aw smoke
md4 52 matte black
md4 56 matte black
odyssey sl tuttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My signature basically already shows it. But since we are venturing into dreamland, I will change a few things.

Driver - Same, but with a fitted shaft

FWs - Same, but with fitted shafts

Hybrid - 21° Ben Hogan VKTR

Iron Set - Ben Hogan PTx Pro Black 5 - PW

Wedges - Ben Hogan Equalizer Black 50, 54, 58

Putter - Ben Hogan BHM01

I'd go Ping:

Driver - G400 Max
Fairway - G410
Hybrid - G400
Irons - i210
Wedges - Glide 2.0 Stealth
Putter - Tyne

My signature has the set up I want/need.

The sad thing is there are so many great options out there I could take just about any and be happy. Ping, Titleist, Srixon/Cleveland, Mizuno, Cobra, Callaway...…. I mean honestly any them I could game happily. I think the only one though that I am really in to everything they make right now is Cobra and I am playing almost exclusively Cobra clubs now for that reason. Irons I would be happy with pretty much any of them. I do think Srixon and Mizuno make the best looking irons on the market. It comes down to the woods for me and what I like. I have not hit the latest Ping, Titleist or Mizuno but I have tried Cobra, Callaway, and Srixon. Of the three I have tried, the Cobra wins for me hands down. For me, the Srixons sound like a titanium bomb going off and the Callaway sounds dull/dead to me. I could game them, but since I get to choose anything, I think I would stick with the Cobras.

Driver Epic Flash 10.5
FW Epic Flash in 3, 5 and 7
Irons Apex Pro 5-PW
Wedges MD4 50,54, and 58
Putter Toulon Columbus

I could easily bag a set of Taylormade, Srixon/Cleveland, PXG, Titleist, or PING but Callaway would be my choice. They have so many great clubs across the board right now and I have yet to hit a ball better than the Chromesoft since it has been released. Here's my dream WITB from Callaway:

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero
3 Wood: Epic Flash
3 and 4 Hybrids: Epic Flash
Irons: Epic Forged
Wedges: MD4
Putter: Toulon Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Ball: Chromesoft Truvis

I could go with any OEM, as could anyone else, when fit appropriately and see minimal differences in performance. Certainly not enough to radically alter my scores.

I’d just update my current bag. All PXG:

0811X Gen 2 driver - I’d be tempted to try the MCA D+ 70x over my current shaft.
0341X Gen 2 2 wood - MCA D+ 80x
0311X 2 Utility - Not sure on shaft
0311T Gen 2 - 4-PW
0311T Milled Wedges 48.10/54.10/60.07 - to have more choice in bounce options over what I have. And I’m always on the fence between TI X100 and S400 for my wedges.

ETA - I forgot to add the putter. It would be the same, Bat Attack H, only with weights to get it up from 350 to 375 grams in head weight.

Last edited:
Honma

Beres line

Driver: S-06 5-Star
Fairway (3W, 5W): S-06 5-Star
Hybrid (19, 22): U-06 5-Star
Irons (6-11): SI-06 5-Star
Wedges (AW, SW): SI-06 5-Star
Putter: PP-201 24K

MSRP: $56,850

I'm like most everyone else, I could find a a complete bag from any OEM and be happy. A dream bag though would be Callaway. I've been very pleased with the performance I've gotten from the Callaway clubs that I started trying out last summer and have been adding to my bag since.

Callaway - take my current bag and change the M6s out for Apex 19 and the PM Grinds for MD4s.

While I'm quite happy with my Ping clubs, I've been less than impressed with the company. They seem a bit ... less-than-friendly.

My Wife is playing Callaway, and if I had it to do over again, that's the route I'd likely go, too.

Driver - Epic Flash (without that green color)
Fairway Woods - Steelhead XR 3, 5
Irons - Rogue X 4-9, PW, AW
Wedges - MD4 Raw 52/56/60
Putter - Toulon Atlanta

Yeah, it's 15 clubs, but I'm a rebel like that.

I could also go with any of the major OEMs and be pretty satisfied. With that said, I am a little surprised there isn't a TaylorMade lineup yet. So, to throw them in the mix:

M6 driver
M5 3-wood
GAPR 3i
GAPR 4i
P790s black 5-PW
My Hi Toe custom wedges 50, 54, and 58
My Spider Tour X custom putter

Can't do it. I mean, I could if they're given to me, but I'm a mixed bag kinda guy so if I'm putting it together, it's gonna be mixed. If I had to go one company, I'd likely have to with with Taylormade. I gamed the M1 440 for about a year and just moved to the M5. I have the M4 5wd in the bag now so I'm sure I could game a 3wd, too. I've hit the 790's and liked them enough to game them. I've never hit the wedges, but I think I could get used to a hi toe. The putter would be the sticking point for me. Maybe I'd just fine one that I liked and put a Stroke Lab shaft in it.

I have been playing Callaway since I started playing again. I am on my third set of irons, second of woods. But if I am fitted for something else and play well with them, great. As a senior, I'd stay away from the blades, but I could see a custom Epic Flash set of woods (D, 3 and HW) in blue. Big Bertha irons, 5-PW, MD 4 wedges 50, 54, 60. I'd keep my putter, thank you, but if I had to get another, a Toulon Austin stroke lab.

You wrote "current OEM lineup" and for that reason I would not have a bag of all one brand. Specifically, every OEM current line has nothing but putters which are too head heavy for me.

You wrote "current OEM lineup" and for that reason I would not have a bag of all one brand. Specifically, every OEM current line has nothing but putters which are too head heavy for me.

You do realize there are several with adjustable weights in their putters, right?

You do realize there are several with adjustable weights in their putters, right?

As far as I know none of the adjustable weight putters are able to create a finished head weight of 315 to 330 grams. For example, I think the lightest weights (special order) for a current line Cameron putter create a 340 gram head.Ping has some aluminum weights they will install to get a couple of their current putter models down to 340 gram head weight.
I like a putter in the 35.75" to 36.5" finished length range, and for that length any head weight over about 335 grams is too heavy for me. For a 36" putter a 320 gram head is good.

I could easily play a complete set from any of the major OEM's but I'll go PXG just because they are the most expensive and no worse than my Srixon/Callaway set of clubs. Throw in one of their cart bags and the full set of PXG's below would be $7,500.

If I didn't like them after a few months I could sell them, buy another new OEM set, and have money left over for a golf weekend with some buddies.

0311 P 4-PW
0311 x 3 iron
Sugar Daddy LW
Zulu SW, GW
0811x Driver
0341x 3 wood
Mini Gunboat Putter

Last edited:
If I could alter the driver slightly I’d go Callaway. Titleist, TM, Mizuno, Srixon/Cleveland, all are right there though.

I’d go flash SZ 9* hot melted to help with the weight and sound.

Flash SZ 3 and 5 wood

Around 21* UT

Apex pro 5-A

MD4 raw 54s/58c

My Toulon Garage Atlanta

I could play that set up with very good results.

Back