How often do you use your golf bag club cover?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I was just thinking about how often I use my mine which is all the time. Not because of rain but mostly to keep the contents of my bag out of sight when I'm not sitting with them on the cart. I take it off when I am ready to play because I hate it hanging there but I know plenty of guys that leave it on all the time. When it rains I'll leave it on and unzip to access clubs as needed but not all covers are waterproof unfortunately. They really should be IMO

How do you use your bag cover? Is your bag cover waterproof?

Honestly, I probably put it on maybe twice a year when it is a hard, blowing rain and my umbrella is not providing enough protection.

Never really thought about it, but I think I will start using mine when not in use, to keep any possible bugs/dust from getting in while hanging in the garage.

Great question and I honestly never have thought to use it any other way but to keep rain from getting on clubs and inside the bag onto the grips. Don't remember if it's waterproof, but something to check out next time I play in the rain.

I think keeping it on when your clubs are out in the open is a great idea, not something I have ever done and quite frankly maybe I should. If I am able to, I try not to keep myself away from my bag for a long period of time when around the clubhouse, with so many people walking around. For me it's a comfort thing, but I usually park my car, pay, then take the cart (if able to) to my car and load my bag then I am with it all day, so it's rare I am away from it for a long time.

I use it only when raining

I only use mine when traveling. I put it on before putting it in the travel bag.
I have a Drizzle Stick to use when I'm playing in the rain.

Only when it's raining after I started playing and was finishing-up. Never do I play in the rain.

Only when raining

Just when there's a threat of bad weather but I like the idea of keeping stuff hidden.

Just when there's a threat of bad weather but I like the idea of keeping stuff hidden.

I started doing that years ago because of stories I've heard of people walking away with clubs when stuff is left out in the open. I rarely leave my bag out of my sight line but the cover stays on till I'm in the cart

On the course a couple times per year when it rains. I will put the covers on when we travel and its nice to not have clubs fall out if my kids carry them or something...

With my Ogio stand bag (range, I only carry a partial set), I use it all the time. The rain cover on my UA stand bag, is a pita to use, so, I don't use it, and, just cover my clubs with a towel. The cover on the Ogio bag has more volume, snaps into place, and, a 2 way zipper. The cover on the UA bag is a tighter fit, uses many velcro straps to secure the cover, and, has a 1 way zipper.

I use the cover to hide my clubs, and, it keeps the clubs from sliding out, while the bag is laying down (ie. in the trunk)

Only when it rains.

All of the time when I put my clubs in the car so that the clubs don't go flying around.
I find that when I don't and I go to pull out the clubs the next time - the clubs go all over the place.
Messes up my jam.....

Almost never. Actually... never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much all the time and for the same reasons you do. I always get paranoid when I leave my bag outside and run into the clubhouse to grab drinks or whatever. Most guys on my course don't spend the kind of money I do on clubs and others have had stuff stolen so I like to keep it out of sight.

I was just thinking about how often I use my mine which is all the time. Not because of rain but mostly to keep the contents of my bag out of sight when I'm not sitting with them on the cart. I take it off when I am ready to play because I hate it hanging there but I know plenty of guys that leave it on all the time. When it rains I'll leave it on and unzip to access clubs as needed but not all covers are waterproof unfortunately. They really should be IMO

How do you use your bag cover? Is your bag cover waterproof?

I only put mine on when it's raining, which here in California isn't all that often.

I’ve never used it and honestly have no idea where it even is. It doesn’t really rain very often here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I probably have only used my bag cover a few times over the years. I don't like playing in the rain, so I don't. If it starts to rain we take a break or simply are done for the day. The only time I remember using the bag cover was in a tournament a few years ago when it was raining and we had to play thru it.

Only in the rain. And even then, only if it's raining pretty hard.

Rain only. I get the thought of hiding the contents though. Makes sense. I tend to use aftermarket headcovers so any potential thieves don't see that I have nice woods and putter. I also keep a pretty close eye on my bag for the most part. They would have to be pretty ballsy to snag something from it. But, I have heard stories where it happens in a matter of moments after taking your eye off it.

I've used the button on bag cover once in thirty years. I've always carried it in my bag but this thread has convenced me to take it out.

pretty much never. i guess i'm too trusting. maybe when i get my grandaddy gear i need to rethink this blind optimism.

Perhaps never? Haha, I can't remember the last time I used it. I'm not even sure its in my bag anymore.

I do like the thought of concealing what clubs are in there though.

Only when caught in the rain. (It is waterproof, but the rest of the bag isn't)

Back