Which will spin less off driver - Wilson Duo Soft or Srixon Q Star Tour? Thanks!

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
I know they are two very different balls, but which ball will spin less off driver - Wilson Duo Soft or Srixon Q Star Tour?

Thank you very much!

That’s the difficult question to answer in the abstract but if there is a major difference between the two, it will likely be driven by the difference in compression. The Duo would be my guess but that’s all it is at this point.

Having played both, I really haven't noticed a difference on drives but my guess would be that the Wilson spins less due to it's ionomer cover vs the QST urethane cover.

The differences in driver spin will be negligible. Both are designed to spin as little as possible off the driver.

Having played both, I really haven't noticed a difference on drives but my guess would be that the Wilson spins less due to it's ionomer cover vs the QST urethane cover.

wedgeman, you have played both - which do you prefer? which was longer for you? thanks!

wedgeman, you have played both - which do you prefer? which was longer for you? thanks!

I have played both. I prefer the QST because I like the feel of a urethane ball and because I like the spin around the greens. I think the DUO was a little long for me though.

I've fought the spin battler. I tried every type of ball. Low and heel strikes will make anything spin more than you want. I finally settled on a ball into the green instead of off the tee.

I think choosing a ball based on Driver performance alone is like picking a Sand Wedge based only on max distance from the fairway.

It's a metric, but it's not really where the design actually shows its true value.

Back