Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Did they touch on why the Max Impact technology on the T200 only goes from the 4 - 7 irons? Not on the lower end scoring clubs?

Yes. For a scoring club, it becomes less of a priority.

You’re not looking or even really needing any distance enhancing elements in that loft.

Later today we will be at Titleist HQ talking irons with them. Of course that means talking about the THP Event still to come later this year where every participant gets a new set of these irons.

Would it be frowned upon if I signed up for this event when the time comes?

Freaking loving the TS Driver and 3 wood and had such a blast with Josh and Eric!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be frowned upon if I signed up for this event when the time comes?

Freaking loving the TS Driver and 3 wood and had such a blast with Josh and Eric!

Yes it would. I don't want you to take my spot! LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes it would. I don't want you to take my spot! LOL

Can’t stop won’t stop!

@Canadan did they touch on any combo set thoughts such as t200 4-7 and t100 8-perfect?

@Canadan did they touch on any combo set thoughts such as t200 4-7 and t100 8-perfect?

We'll have some video coming up that addresses this (great stuff from Josh Talge at Titleist), but I wouldn't shy away from it. Combo sets are definitely becoming the norm and I think companies are doing what they can to support it.

Now you're stealing my combo set idea too?? C'mon Man!

Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

We'll have some video coming up that addresses this (great stuff from Josh Talge at Titleist), but I wouldn't shy away from it. Combo sets are definitely becoming the norm and I think companies are doing what they can to support it.

Thanks! Josh Talge is good people and I’m sure you guys have great info.

Very interested in getting more forgiveness in my 4-6. Been gaming the TM UDI 2 iron and that thing is money and I’m kicking myself for not taking advantage of the tech forgiveness in my other long irons.

Last edited:
The T200 irons look stellar and I’m actually getting excited to hit them. I don’t know what changed in a day but I dig the new look a bit more today.

Yeah, that's MY job! :alien:

You don't even like Titleist "garbage" ... just look at your signature, you don't even play the AVX anymore! LOL :act-up:

You don't even like Titleist "garbage" ... just look at your signature, you don't even play the AVX anymore! LOL :act-up:

I lost them all :beat-up:

I would be way more interested in the T200 set if the lofts weren't so cranked down. I can't just add another wedge to the bottom end of my bag to make up the gap

They make a 50° gap wedge (W) in the set. Seven club sets are migrating toward a 5-gap wedge set from the 4-P paradigm.

Question will be ... if I get the 4-7 iron in the T200, can the T100 8-PW be bent 4/3* so I keep the gapping the same?? Hmmmmm :dont-know:

lofts.jpg

Josh was an awesome host last year, and a disguised THPer. He seemed to love tinkering and talking equipment as much as anyone on here.

Josh was an awesome host last year, and a disguised THPer. He seemed to love tinkering and talking equipment as much as anyone on here.

I think that's part of the application process to work for Titleist!

"Do you tinker & like to play with golf equipment?" "Yes, of course." "You're hired!"

One thing that I enjoy reading about re: Titleist’s design goals with the T300, and hopefully can be further explained in the upcoming content, is that they aren’t necessarily looking to make the longest iron, but one that is more consistent on miss hits. That’s really what I need the most, since at this stage I miss the center of the face like it’s my job.

My local pro said yesterday that he’s ordered a demo set of 200’s. I can’t wait to give them a hit. It’s a bit weird but I wasn’t too fussed in the looks of the 200’s when I first saw the pics but I think they look pretty good now.

golfinnut;n8636824 said:
Question will be ... if I get the 4-7 iron in the T200, can the T100 8-PW be bent 4/3* so I keep the gapping the same?? Hmmmmm :dont-know:

View attachment 40888

Get an 8 iron in each

Took half a dozen swings with the T200 7 iron at my local shop. Sorry to say, nothing about it stood out for me. The numbers were ok. The feel was very average. It sets up nicely. I can think of several releases from this year that I would rather have in my bag. One caveat: The shafts were Project X, which is not my favorite shaft.

I'm interested to see if the sound was addressed in the T200's vs the AP3's. I mean they don't bother me in the least, they never have. But some people have expressed disdain with the sound for a while now.

Based on a couple Youtube comparos I've seen (I know, not the best sample size) it looks like T200 is pretty underwhelming compared to AP3. They launch lower, spin lower, peak lower, descent shallower, and carry further. Trying to find a reason why the only thing I could come up with [ducks] is the lower lofts.

Hopefully that's not the results that the masses see or it would be a pretty big miss IMO. From what I've seen so far the T100 look awesome and compare extrememly well against 718 AP2.

Tenputt;n8874804 said:
Took half a dozen swings with the T200 7 iron at my local shop. Sorry to say, nothing about it stood out for me. The numbers were ok. The feel was very average. It sets up nicely. I can think of several releases from this year that I would rather have in my bag. One caveat: The shafts were Project X, which is not my favorite shaft.

When you say the feel was average, what's driving that thought?

Canadan;n8874905 said:
When you say the feel was average, what's driving that thought?

It very well could be the shafts, which I acknowledged in my post. However, to me, other irons within that category (player’s distance) have a softer feel and a more muted sound (these had a somewhat harsh, “crack” when struck, at least to my ear). The feel of the T200 was a little on the brittle side of the spectrum to me. I picked up a competitor’s iron within that same class (player’s distance) and it definitely felt softer and more satisfying. It was definitely noticeable to me, although sound/feel are so subjective.

Back