P790 replacement rumor?

skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
Handicap
I was told yesterday that TM is coming out with a P790 replacement at the end of the month? Does anyone have any information on this? I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a second set of P790's and was told to hold off.

I was told yesterday that TM is coming out with a P790 replacement at the end of the month? Does anyone have any information on this? I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a second set of P790's and was told to hold off.

I heard September an update is coming out

When were the 790s released? Seems like just last year, which would make this a quick turnaround.

i heard the same thing. based on my perception of the success of the p790, i wouldn't expect a wholesale change for whatever they come out with. if you're contemplating a second set, i'd wait until the new release, then pick up the previous generation at a lower price.

Stay tuned to the forum on Monday for information.

I figured with the guys in town this week, THP will have plenty of coverage on anything new from TM. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, that's exciting news! The p790's came out in September 2017, so it's about a 2 year turnaround for anyone wondering.

i heard the same thing. based on my perception of the success of the p790, i wouldn't expect a wholesale change for whatever they come out with. if you're contemplating a second set, i'd wait until the new release, then pick up the previous generation at a lower price.

Story of my life buying second generation stuff. :beat-up:

There was an extremely large TM employee training event at the Grand Del Mar in SD yesterday. Over 150 employees took over the range - My wife was getting a lesson on the other side - told her to sneak some photos but no luck - would love to see new P790's - I am sure they do those events a lot but based on the timing hoping it had to do with the 790's.

Story of my life buying second generation stuff. :beat-up:

no shame at all in that. Last years drivers, irons, and wedges are still game changers for people. Plenty of great options for people looking for a best bang on the lower price options.

I just played the p790s again today. Back to back my 2nd and 3rd best rounds of the year so far. Still great clubs. And I can't wait to see their next evolution.

There are photos floating around the WWW of the updated clubs. Subtle changes in looks. Some debate on blade length changing etc.

There are photos floating around the WWW of the updated clubs. Subtle changes in looks. Some debate on blade length changing etc.

We like to honor embargo dates, so let's keep those off of here until Monday. We will have all the info and pictures for people at that time. Thanks!

My local TM rep confirmed this information.

I'd like them to do away with the offset but Im not holding my breath

New P790 look interesting. Being honest about it, sucks that TM social has a snafu and stuff got posted this morning. That said, looks like guys are going to love what they got coming next.

Back