If you played or play a Rogue driver, what did you move to or thinking of?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently play a Rogue Draw and pretty happy with it; however, I've been thinking about moving to an Epic Flash or Titleist driver. Naturally, I'll get fit, but just wondering what others have moved to or thought about?

I currently play a Rogue Draw and pretty happy with it; however, I've been thinking about moving to an Epic Flash or Titleist driver. Naturally, I'll get fit, but just wondering what others have moved to or thought about?

I played a Rogue SZ and moved to the EF SZ. Kind of a lateral move for me. I like the fact that the EF has the sliding weight. For me, it's a more pleasing shape while the Rogue sounded better to my ear. I didn't see any significant gain in distance. Although, it seems to be more forgiving off center for me.

I was playing an M1 440 for the longest time. Took in an M3 on trade. Didn't like it so I traded it for a Rogue. Played the Rogue a round or two. Didn't like it. Sold it and went back to the M1 440. Recently changed the 440 out for an M5. I couldn't be happier with the M5. Longer than the M1 and more forgiving. Not sure what I didn't like about the Rogue. I've hit the EF SZ and I really liked it. It was just down to what I could find a deal on first... that or the M5.

I know this isn't the scenario you wanted, but figured I'd throw it in.

I went from a 9* Rogue SZ to 10.5* Epic Flash SZ.

I had a fitting back in March (after my local spot had all the new gear).

Sound & feel wise I liked the Cobra F9 the best.

But, the Epic Flash was the most forgiving and had the highest ball speed. (Titleist was a close second.)

In all actuality the fitting numbers between the EF and my Rogue were *very* close. In real world testing this summer though I've found the forgiveness to be the real deal. I've also picked up quite a bit of distance, but I've also been using a superspeed set so I can't attribute that solely to the club.

I still Game the Rogue SZ , Best Driver I’ve ever owned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved to the Cobra F9. I went back to the Rogue.

I played a Rogue SZ and moved to the EF SZ. Kind of a lateral move for me. I like the fact that the EF has the sliding weight. For me, it's a more pleasing shape while the Rogue sounded better to my ear. I didn't see any significant gain in distance. Although, it seems to be more forgiving off center for me.

Almost exactly the same answer for me. I think the EF SZ has been slightly more forgiving in terms of distance on mishits, but I otherwise have not seen a huge difference. I could easily go back to the Rogue SZ.

I played Rogue last year and replaced it with a Ping G400 Max this year. Distance is similar, but the Ping seems to be a bit more consistent for me.

Went from Rogue to Epic Flash simply because Callaway offered a 150% bonus on trading in for the new gear. Didn't do it for anything other than the sweet deal and my liking for #NewTech

I played a Rogue driver for about 2 months, and was a bit disappointed. I had read the reviews of increased distance, better accuracy, great sound, etc... After 2 months I returned it (lost a bit of $ unfortunately), I'm back with my 2007 TM Burner, getting the same, if not, better results. I'm currently pondering a pre-owned TM M4, 12 degree driver. One of my golf buddies has one, and I've hit it a few times with some success.

Went from a 10.5° Rogue SZ to a 10.5° G400 Max, no looking back now.

I'd previously tried numerous shafts in the Rogue SZ as I had some from my former Epic. But I'd only tried the one shaft that came with my GMax, an Aldila Tour Green.

Was a very close battle between the two, edge to the Rogue SZ for accuracy, edge to GMax for distance. I was leaning toward Rogue SZ.

On a whim, I picked up a used Fuji Fuel shaft on Ebay for the GMax.

Gamechanger.

Now it's even more accurate than the Rogue SZ and still longer (yet shorter than with the Aldila Tour Green).

So very FIRMLY in the bag.

I played it for a few rounds but I never got comfortable with it and went back to the original Epic. Get fit and those new drivers will be great options.

Played Rogue Draw all last year after the Grandaddy, and moved this year to the F9 after the reviews. Have picked up about 5 yards in distance and my FIR's are nearly identical versus last year. Once all the dusts settles I'd say I'll end up about 8-10 yards longer and similar FIR % vs the Rogue.

Played Rogue Draw last year and moved to EF. I’ve gained 8-10 yards and 5-8% more FIR with EF.

Went from 10.5 Rogue SZ D/+1 to playing Flash SZ 9 D/S. I have seen better distance, my longest drives are longer and overall I find it to be more forgiving. I prefer the sound of the Rogue but the performance for me has been much better with Flash.

I think a bit of that is due to getting into a much better fitting shaft/loft set up than the Rogue was for me and another part is the moveable weight.

You might want to wait until the next release, as based on the recent Callaway cycles the driver that would be coming out next would be in the XR/Rogue lineage. That said, I love the Epic Flash and I don’t think you can go wrong there. Weight towards the heel should get you the draw bias that you had in the Rogue draw. But it’s going to be a different profile down by the ball than the Rogue was.

I went from it backwards to a XR16 as I just didn't get along with the rogue. I then went to the long g400 which was light years better for me

I played the rogue last season and had good results. For whatever reason I always hit a baby fade with it which isn't my natural shot but I embraced it. This year I switched to the epic flash and the fade is gone and I do like the sound better than the rogue. On the screws distance is very close but missing on the heel is where the flash shines for me. Both great drivers though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I played a Rogue SZ and went to an EF post fitting.

I was never fit into the Rogue---and it was terrible for me. The long balls went long but the spin was so low that my misses were grossly exaggerated and just horrendous.

The EF has not generated any distance gains---actually lost a little overall---but the accuracy has been GREATLY improved.

The fitting was very very worth the time and $$.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Epic Flash. The Rogue was just as long for me. I do find the EF to tighten up dispersion, particularly on wonky swing days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the OP, I'm not having any problems keeping the ball in the fairway, other than the normal miss from time to time. Generally, I'm still keeping the ball near the fairway even on my misses. I was thinking that perhaps there was something that would give me a little more distance. I switched to the Tour Edge EXS for a few months and felt like it was helping with my distance, but in the end, it really just helped me find the fairway. When I switched back to the Rogue, I was getting 10-15 yards more distance. I guess I didn't realize that I had lost that much distance when I went to the TE.

I have no complaints about the Rogue. Sound is good, performance is good...when I find the center of the club face... even mishits are still long, just not on target.

I've considered the Epic Flash since I'm playing the Epic Flash 3w and 5w and really like them. But a friend of mine recently switched from his Fusion driver to the F9 and could not find the fairway. Traded the F9 for another Fusion driver and he's doing much better. I don't want to make that mistake.

As the OP, I'm not having any problems keeping the ball in the fairway, other than the normal miss from time to time. Generally, I'm still keeping the ball near the fairway even on my misses. I was thinking that perhaps there was something that would give me a little more distance. I switched to the Tour Edge EXS for a few months and felt like it was helping with my distance, but in the end, it really just helped me find the fairway. When I switched back to the Rogue, I was getting 10-15 yards more distance. I guess I didn't realize that I had lost that much distance when I went to the TE.

I have no complaints about the Rogue. Sound is good, performance is good...when I find the center of the club face... even mishits are still long, just not on target.

I've considered the Epic Flash since I'm playing the Epic Flash 3w and 5w and really like them. But a friend of mine recently switched from his Fusion driver to the F9 and could not find the fairway. Traded the F9 for another Fusion driver and he's doing much better. I don't want to make that mistake.

Do you have someplace near you that you can go hit them on a monitor to see if there are any gains to be had?

I went from a Rogue SZ to an EF SZ and the EF launches higher and the sliding weight is a nice upgrade imo. Overall I feel the EF SZ is a little longer and more accurate for me.

Just the big box store - GG or Austads

Take a look around at some of the golf courses near you and see if there are any demo days to be had where you can swing the new offerings.

Back