Finally pulled the trigger

giorgiokaan

Reaction score
Handicap
So I finally pulled the trigger and replaced my whole bag this year!

I had my previous clubs since 2014, and I recently took a roughly 3 year hiatus from golf. This year I fully got back into it and today I ordered my custom fitted clubs!

I got the Apex Pro 19s in a 4-9 iron configuration and a 46*, 50* and 60* vokey to round out my four vokey wedge set!

I am so excited for my new clubs, now I just need to wait for 2 weeks for them to arrive :)

I had my previous clubs since 2014, and I recently took a roughly 3 year hiatus from golf. This year I fully got back into it and today I ordered my custom fitted clubs!

I got the Apex Pro 19s in a 4-9 iron configuration and a 46*, 50* and 60* vokey to round out my four vokey wedge set!

I am so excited for my new clubs, now I just need to wait for 2 weeks for them to arrive :)

Looks legit. The waiting is always the hardest part.

Enjoy the new sticks and will be looking for the feedback.

Looks legit. The waiting is always the hardest part.

I know right! I am quite obsessive so I tend to watch/read reviews constantly for the stuff I buy and am waiting for.

I got lucky that my dad is really supportive of my passions and helped me out in buying all these clubs. I am so thankful for him. Hopefully these clubs last me a while as with the current prices for equipment changing out a whole bag for top-of-the-line equipment was rather expensive!

Sounds like a great set you picked out there, and waiting is the hardest part

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Curious to know on the custom fit why they fit you in the Pros vs regular CF19? Congrats on the new clubs.

No woods or putter?

Congrats on the new clubs. Looking forward to hear your thoughts once you have them in play.

Congrats on the new sticks!

Very nice!!! Give us an update after you receive them.

Curious to know on the custom fit why they fit you in the Pros vs regular CF19? Congrats on the new clubs.

I wanted something more workable and especially more consistent. The regular apex are more of a distance iron and as a low(ish) handicapper I wanted something with a bit more consistency.

My only doubt about the fitting is that I got fitted into 1/4 inch longer and 0.5* upright even though I’m 6’3”. That little adjustment seems a bit insignificant to me. Anyone know if that little adjustment is normal for my size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about how they work out. Excited for ya. Enjoy

I wanted something more workable and especially more consistent. The regular apex are more of a distance iron and as a low(ish) handicapper I wanted something with a bit more consistency.

My only doubt about the fitting is that I got fitted into 1/4 inch longer and 0.5* upright even though I’m 6’3”. That little adjustment seems a bit insignificant to me. Anyone know if that little adjustment is normal for my size?

My son is 6'3" and was fitted to 1/2" - 3/4" long a few years back. He has a pretty standard build. He was headed into his junior year of highschool at the time and pretty well done growing. He'd been playing a couple years but was a high handicapper. We found a set of used TaylorMade Speedblades 1/2" long that he like a lot. I think those were longer than standard anyways. Once he got used to them he hit them pretty well...

I am so fond of the Sub Zero driver this year. It's an absolute hammer.

Enjoy!

My son is 6'3" and was fitted to 1/2" - 3/4" long a few years back. He has a pretty standard build. He was headed into his junior year of highschool at the time and pretty well done growing. He'd been playing a couple years but was a high handicapper. We found a set of used TaylorMade Speedblades 1/2" long that he like a lot. I think those were longer than standard anyways. Once he got used to them he hit them pretty well...

I emailed my fitter a long email asking him about my recommended length etc.
He responded with a one liner saying “The recommended length is 37.75" on 6 iron”

But to be honest he never took my height or wrist to floor measurements. The fitting centre is one of the beat in the uk so I’m going to trust him on it, but I would have loved a bit more feedback than a one liner.

very nice, congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to hear how you get along with them.

Looks like a nice setup, OP. I've replaced much of my bag this year. I built new irons last autumn so that doesn't exactly count, but I've purchased my driver, 3wd, 5wd, Vokey SM6 black (52, 56, and 60) wedges, and my Stroke Lab putter all this year. The only thing left to replace is my 4h that I've had since c.2006.

The waiting is always the hardest part.

At least that's what Tom Petty said.

congrats on the new clubs

They are here a week early!

Attachments

• photo35890.jpg
    photo35890.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo35891.jpg
    photo35891.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Those are purty