Quality of LostGolfBalls.com?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I have seen this site posted a couple times but can't remember the results..

Can those who have used this site chat a bit about the quality?

I dont believe in refinished balls, but recycled work for many. if I would have to choose, I would choose knetgolf based on the fact that they supported every player at the outing with free golf balls. Always nice to support those that support THP. But just my opinion.

I wasn't aware THP had associations with a site like that.

I'll definitely use knet over lgb.com in this case. Thanks for mentioning it JB.

I wasn't aware THP had associations with a site like that.

I'll definitely use knet over lgb.com in this case. Thanks for mentioning it JB.

We really dont. Neither one. But knet heard about the last outing and on their own decided they wanted to supply golf balls for every player coming. It was just a nice move.

We really dont. Neither one. But knet heard about the last outing and on their own decided they wanted to supply golf balls for every player coming. It was just a nice move.

I heard you say that before JB....This was for the Spring outing I am assuming...??
When you say they provided all the balls for the people that came....They actually asked people what they wanted to play and sent you the balls??
If so, they have got my business from now on...The difference between them and LGB is $1 either way at most...

You think they may do the same for the upcoming tourney?? :act-up:

No, they asked us what we wanted and we chose balls that we thought people would like. High quality premium balls for the players that were here in the Spring. I really do not know if they plan to do anything in the fall.

I have heard good things about them. Stay away from Caiman Golf balls. I received a lot of really old balls from them. I mean how long ago did they quit making balata balls. I couldn't complain about their prices though. They were ok for my shag bag, but not for play.

No, they asked us what we wanted and we chose balls that we thought people would like. High quality premium balls for the players that were here in the Spring. I really do not know if they plan to do anything in the fall.

Still...very nice of them to step up to the plate and offer them up...
Do they have a presence here on the forum?? (that we know of??)

Still...very nice of them to step up to the plate and offer them up...
Do they have a presence here on the forum?? (that we know of??)

No they do not.

Every time I get the AAAAA balls from Lost Golf Balls I get 11 that look new and one that may look hit or bounced once.

I got 4 dozen TM Rep LDP 4A (AAAA) and 44 of them had player markings but looked almost brand new. Not bad for $48 delivered for 48 balls.

I wont buy anywhere else.

I think I'm going to give LGB a chance. Seems like the ProVs there are good quality balls. Right now I would stay away from buying the Cally Ix's though. Seems like a bunch of people have been having those balls purchased from LGB split!

I have always ordered from Lost Golf Balls but had the pleasure of playing the balls supplied by Knet at the last outing. Now I have no problem ordering from either one of them and have no worries about quality or customer service

I purchased balls from Lostgolfballs.com a couple of times. The quality of the balls were exactly as described, and fast shipping!

LGB is legit. They're my go to site for my AD333's for sure.

I'v never had issues with their grading, spot on in my experiences.

I also use LGB.com and have never been disappointed. The only thing to mention is its best to buy in bulk because their shipping is a little pricey (IMO).

I have used lostgolfballs for a couple of orders (some for balls that aren't exactly bestsellers), and received what I ordered promptly and as described.

I use Knet and golfballnut. Both are fantastic.

I finally visited knet after hearing how they served up some balls for the outing, and the site is quite impressive. I walked away with a dozen Penta grade A penta for just under 30 bucks.

I assumed grade A from knet was comparable to AAAA from LGB....can anyone confirm?

the knet balls from the spring outing were very nice, looked brand new

I just tried Golfballnut.com. Price was great, shipping was good, balls were great. Ordered 2 doz. mint and only 3 had logos, most of them looked brand new. I'd recommend them.

I found a Pro V1 out on the course and really liked it. However, I didn't really want to pay $45/dozen for them, so I looked around at used/recycled/refinished golf ball places, compared prices and ball prep, and decided to give LostGolfBalls a try. Since I could get free shipping at $75+ with a coupon, I settled on their 50 ball bucket for $84.50 ("What the heck," said I.).

I put in the order on a Saturday night, it shipped out Monday, and was here Friday morning. Great response and service there, as far as I'm concerned.

In my own OCD way, I went through the entire bucket and here is what I found...
  • Exactly 50 balls.
  • Very clean. Nice consistent color.
  • Three balls had very slight scuffs. Two of the balls had one scuff each surrounding just one dimple, the other ball had a scuff across three dimples. The rest seemed just fine.
  • About 1/3 of them are logo'ed. (Okay, maybe I'm not totally OCD. Close though.)
  • About 1/3 of them have player markings. (Although many of the markings are faded. I'm assuming due to their washing process.)
One interesting thing was when I opened the bucket, I got a pretty strong whiff of what I'm assuming is the soap they used. The smell was not unlike what you might find at the drive-thru car wash.

As far as playing the balls, they seem to behave just like I would expect a high-end tour ball to behave. I remember reading that some people don't like recycled golf balls because who knows how long they've been under water. I don't know what a water-logged ball is supposed to behave like, but I didn't notice any loss of distance or control compared to the one I found (maybe that one is bad too? :D )

So in conclusion: So far, so good! I guess I need to play more of these before I can say that this is the way to go, but so far, getting basically new 2010 Pro V1's for $1.70 apiece is a pretty good deal! And I certainly can't complain about LostGolfBalls.com. :good:

I remember reading that some people don't like recycled golf balls because who knows how long they've been under water.

I think this has been answered before, but I'm not sure...unless a ball has a cut or crack in the cover, is it really possible for balls to get 'water-logged'?

these guys are my fave to order used balls from when needed

I just tried Golfballnut.com. Price was great, shipping was good, balls were great. Ordered 2 doz. mint and only 3 had logos, most of them looked brand new. I'd recommend them.

I second golfballnut. I have been buying from them for over a year and I can't tell their mint grade balls from new. They also have free shipping once in awhile which saves even more.

I think this has been answered before, but I'm not sure...unless a ball has a cut or crack in the cover, is it really possible for balls to get 'water-logged'?

http://www.g-forse.com/archive/news259_e.html

According to previous studies, yes it is possible to get water logged and you'll lose distance the longer the ball has been submerged. It also doesn't really require any sort of cuts or cracks, the surface of golf balls are naturally porous so they will absorb water.

Back