What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, what golf ball were you using last round and what are your thoughts on it.

Still playing the Hex Black Tour because of its amazing performance and durability. Now that the season is pretty much over for me I won't run out of my current stock til 2013, so by then all the new 2013 balls will be out and I will try a few others to see if they can knock off the Hex Black that works best for MY game.

Still playing the Hex Black Tour because of its amazing performance and durability. Now that the season is pretty much over for me I won't run out of my current stock til 2013, so by then all the new 2013 balls will be out and I will try a few others to see if they can knock off the Hex Black that works best for MY game.

Yessir. Me too bro. Best ball I have played all year, no contest. These will be in my bag for the foreseeable future.

Same here for me. Still playing the Hex Black Tours. Absolutely love it. I have never had a ball that was so durable. I bought 3 dozen when they were on sale and I still have 2+ dozen left. The feel off the tee is tremendous as well as around the greens.

It's been a while since I have played, but the last time out was with the HX Diablo Tour. Good ball that I can keep straight a lot of the time!

Same here for me. Still playing the Hex Black Tours. Absolutely love it. I have never had a ball that was so durable. I bought 3 dozen when they were on sale and I still have 2+ dozen left. The feel off the tee is tremendous as well as around the greens.

It is seriously a great great ball.

It is seriously a great great ball.

I absolutely love it. With that said, if I had to pay $40+ for them, I would probably not buy them. But at the time I paid the same as I would have for the Q-Star type ball. I love the performance. Not so much the price..haha

e6 today. Rotated between two balls in the hopes that my pocket would keep them warm. Same thing I always feel about this ball. I love it. Not a greenside ball, but it's not difficult for me to plan for a little roll.

I absolutely love it. With that said, if I had to pay $40+ for them, I would probably not buy them. But at the time I paid the same as I would have for the Q-Star type ball. I love the performance. Not so much the price..haha

Yup understood. Here's to hoping that they have another sub $30 sale haha

Rotated PRO V1 and Penta TP5. Like them both, Penta is little longer of the tee.

I played the Srixon Z Star yesterday. Really enjoyed it from the tee and liked it's responsiveness on shots in to and around the green. Working on sampling the different Srixon models over the next few months to find the right fit for me, but as of right now I am really enjoying the Z Star.

Srixon soft feel, because they were on clearance at Golf Galaxy. I used to like these balls a few years ago, especially putting, as at the time I liked the response I got on short putts. Now, not so much. I've been playing Titleist Velocity all season and have loved everything about them, so I'm going back, clearance sale items be damned.

I played the Srixon Z Star yesterday. Really enjoyed it from the tee and liked it's responsiveness on shots in to and around the green. Working on sampling the different Srixon models over the next few months to find the right fit for me, but as of right now I am really enjoying the Z Star.

I still love that ball, War Eagle. Really is the only one I play other than the e6. Just isn't a great ball this time of year since they are easy to lose when leaves fall.

I still love that ball, War Eagle. Really is the only one I play other than the e6. Just isn't a great ball this time of year since they are easy to lose when leaves fall.
Im interested in seeing how the Z Star SL compares to it.

Im interested in seeing how the Z Star SL compares to it.

Danny really liked the SL. I just didn't like it as much as the normal one, but I'm not sure I can tell you why.

Last 2 rounds I have started with the ProV1x. I really like this ball. I just seem to play well with it. I will only play 1 per rounds so when I lose it(and I always do) I switch to what I have in my bag which is a Hex Black/Chrome or B330RX

Z Star XV

Z Star XV

Shot 39 with the Z Star XV this morning. Ball is definitely not flying as far right now in Wisconsin, but it still stops where I want it to.

Played the Callaway Hex Chrome yesterday. Still had a good amount of spin for winter ball here in VA. For a mid priced ball this is about the best I have played, I'm still gaming the B330RX until I find something that beats it out.

Danny really liked the SL. I just didn't like it as much as the normal one, but I'm not sure I can tell you why.
Yeah, I was picking his brain on the difference between the two yesterday. He was telling me he liked the SL a bit better as it seemed a bit softer to him, and he didnt see as much spin off the tee with it. I can dig that, for sure.

Played the B330 that I received at the Ohio Tour Van Event(thanks again THP and Bridgestone) and really enjoyed that ball. It felt a little hard to me compression wise over the B330s that I love but the overall performance of it was fantastic. It checked up well around the greens with wedges and stopped on a dime on full shots, only complaint about this ball is off the putter, a little harsh/hot coming off the face so it took some getting use to.

Mixed the e6 and the HX Diablo Tour. The e6 just about always keeps me in the fairway or very close. First time I played the HX. I like the e6 a little better, or I'm just used to the roll I get on the greens with it.

My last rounds of the year, I used a white Srixon Q Star. WIll definitely be stocking up on a couple dozen over the winter.

I liked the durability, and the trade off after switching from the ProV1's that I had played all season were quite noticeable. More fairways hit, more greens held, and a better feel off the putter.

Funny that I had used ProV's for the past 2 years just for consistency, and they may had been hindering my search for consistency. Oh well, I will give the Q-Stars a fighting chance next season, hopefully they continue working as well as they did for me at the end of the year.

I played the Q star this morning, they were on sale at Academy for 19.99 and I've been losing a few balls lately with all the leaves falling and turning so I thought a yellow ball might help me.

I honestly didn't like it, it was too soft for what I like, I couldn't even tell if I hit the thing or not half the time hahaha. Not bad ball flight, a bit more roll out than my normal balls but nothing bad because I'm not a big ball spinner anyway. I just like a solid click off my irons on a good shot and this thing was dead quite for me. Very durable though, I gave it two full wedge shots and it doesn't have a mark on it. Went back in the bag after two holes and I went back to my TP3's. Putts very similar though so I'll use them in my spare bedroom on my putting green.

Just played a yellow Srixon Z Star and loved it. Been gaming the Penta TP5 for about 6 months now and I like that ball. But, I'm gonna switch and see how it goes. Just got some personalized Z Stars for about 30.00 per doz.

Back