What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I slightly caught the edge of a tree root, so just rode around with the guys for the remainder of the round.
My body didn't want to cooperate with me after the wreck.

Glad nothing happened to you - It can really shake you up.
Hitting a tree root is how I broke my Hook of the Hamate in my Left Hand.

On impulse I played my last a round with the RB Tour X. First time I'd actually seen one in person so I teed it up.

No surprises. It played pretty much exactly like a Pro V1x or TP5 or any other modern "Tour" ball. Maybe slightly lower trajectory than some but I might not even think that if I tried it for a second round. Good ball, nothing to write home about.

Contrary to the reputation here on the Interwebs, I had zero durability issues. It looked just like new after 18 holes. And that's even though I hit two trees solidly enough for the ball to kick 40 yards left or right. I also played several bunker shots which tend to be hard on golf ball covers in my experience. No damage at all.

Played a B330-RX the other day... Hit longest drive of my life that didn't bounce down a cartpath or highway... wind-aided, concrete fairway 340 yards. Even lasered back to the tee box was so just astounded... and yes they just never show a mark, great covers...

Also got on a par 5 in 2 that I haven't been on in years? Next hole, hit a green on a par 3 from 186 into the wind that I never hit. Ball stopped 2' from its mark with a 7W...

I'm bouncing between Bridgestone RX and RXS. Singles Match Play event yesterday. I've been striking my irons better and getting the desired height so selected RX. What can you say...it's a solid product.

Favorite hole: driver, 5 iron, 5' putt on a par 5. Only the second eagle on my home course and both of them occurred this year.
Favorite shot: 158 yard 8 iron to an elevated green. Stuck the landing. 8' putt for birdie.

Played the yellow Z-Star XV yesterday. It was fine. I still think it curves a bit more for me off driver relative to other balls and isn't particularly long for me. I hit the TP5x, Duo-Professional, and RB Tour longer.

Playing the Duo-Pro today for the club skins match, ordered 2 dozen of them last night. That speaks to where I'm at with ball choice for the moment.

Found what looked like a brand spanking new ProV1 during my warmup holes yesterday. Liked it plenty while I played it but didn't see anything above/beyond the Srixon Z-Star I had in play for league.

Played with Calloway supersoft matte finish balls (red and green) this week. I really like how they feel, sort of have a super 'grippy' feel and love the way they are coming off the club face with great distance. May be gaming these for awhile, especially since they are reasonably priced.

Snell MTBx - for my final evaluation before finishing my test for MGS. I had favorable results with the MTBx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snell MTBx - for my final evaluation before finishing my test for MGS. I had favorable results with the MTBx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play TP5x, would I like MTBx?

I finally played ChromeSoftX with TT. I saw more yardage throughout the entire bag, most likely due to a decrease in spin. I have no problem generating spin so I am very happy taking the extra yards compared to ChromeSoft.

I finally played ChromeSoftX with TT. I saw more yardage throughout the entire bag, most likely due to a decrease in spin. I have no problem generating spin so I am very happy taking the extra yards compared to ChromeSoft.

maybe i’m wrong but i thought csxtt spins the most of their current lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maybe i’m wrong but i thought csxtt spins the most of their current lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have only played one round with it but that was not the case for me. Could have been me or course conditions I suppose.

Callaway has really never came out and said what CSXTT really is. Maybe the extra distance is coming from somewhere other then spin. I just assumed it was spin because I never saw any balls back up on the greens like I have while playing CS or even CSX.

Friend from work gave me a dozen of new 2013 ProV1x’s as he doesn’t play “X”.
I really liked them. Had my longest drive in 2 years (300 yards) and actually was a little long off the irons. Was wondering how they would play being 6 years old but they were fun to play

Iceman!;n8638233 said:
Friend from work gave me a dozen of new 2013 ProV1x’s as he doesn’t play “X”.
I really liked them. Had my longest drive in 2 years (300 yards) and actually was a little long off the irons. Was wondering how they would play being 6 years old but they were fun to play

That’s about the maximum age (6 years) I would trust, personally. But they are probably fine a lot longer than that if stored indoors in the original box.

Played with the ERC Soft while hitting a few shots with CSX TT to compare. Very different balls but I find both offer really solid performance all the way through the bag.
I love the straightness I see out of the ERC, and I love the way the CSX just explodes off the driver.

Played CSXTT today, great off the driver and on approach shots. I like it around the green on chips, plenty of check. Feels fine off the putter, I still can't use the lines to putt with. Tried it today on my last nine holes and it just doesn't work for me. I may need to spend time on the practice green working the lines.

Srixon Q Star Tour - meh, was ok, not great at anything
Taylormade TP5 performed well
Titleist ProV1 performed well

Been using the e12 soft since it came out and this ball just flat works for me. I’m a high spin, high flight guy.... this ball seems to flight the ball lower and takes off enough spin to work for me. Most people say these balls don’t spin enough around the greens.... but being a high spin player it’s perfect. Off the driver it’s just insanely straight for me. Most other “soft” and “distance” balls I’ve tried just go to the moon and drop out of the sky with driver. The e12 brings the flight down enough to give me max carry and roll out (not tested on a launch monitor, just my observation from many rounds with different balls) . Since using the e12 exclusively I’ve seen my scores go way down. Simply sticking to one ball and knowing how it’s going to perform in different situations has done wonders for me.

A few rounds ago ago I lost my last e12 and only had some Titleist velocity and chromesoft in the bag leftover. I couldn’t do a single thing with these balls... every drive went sky high and only 200 yards max for me. Bought some e12 at the turn and all was well, don’t think it was mental either.... my playing partners were like “what happened to your driver??” They worked fine with irons and my short game (although a little clicky compared to the e12), but something about the e12 and my driver swing just match up so perfectly. Also noticed a difference on putting.... the e12 feels so soft and responsive with my milled putter, the other 2 felt like hitting rocks IMO. All subjective, but find a ball you like and stick with it.... you’ll be more confident and your shots will be more predictable. Finding the right ball seems more important to my game than any other equipment.

So I am working through my back stock of golf balls and came across some of the original 4-piece K-Sig and decided to just go through them first.

In 3 rounds since putting them in play, I have shot 74-75-74. The ball was pretty damn good.

having great results with the chrome soft truvis, good timing...

Found a SuperSoft today and played it for 9 holes. It flew a little lower and was a little shorter than the Tour B-RX but not much. Had enough spin off the irons and wedges. Felt good off the putter. Was pleasantly surprised. It seemed to be a pretty solid ball. I’m not gonna run out and buy any but I could definitely play it.

Got a good deal on some 5A NXT Tour S. I remembered why I liked them, when I played them. Fairly high, enough spin, soft, and putted well. Glad I got them.

Srixon Zstar ball and hit it well and long. But, my 5 iron broke in half due to flood damage. I cannot wait to get my new wedges and start measuring the results. I played with Pro V1 when I could play golf in the low 80s high 70s. I saw no difference with the zstar at half the price. I will switch to this ball for a while.

Back