Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of switching from Pro-V1's to TM Kalea balls. I tried the ball by mistake, I liked it. I get three dozens for 48 bucks, instead of one dozen for 48 bucks. The ball doesn't seem to be hard as a rock as the cheap balls use to...anyone tried it?

It's #thce arrival day so the PX ponder in full effect

It's #thce arrival day so the PX ponder in full effect

Dude I've been trying to figure out a way to get some PX LZ Graphite shafts for my Apex black irons.

Pondering an execution on this shaft change plan I haven't talked about.. Kind of nervous about it, kind of tired thinking about all the work hahahaha
It only took a few weeks lol

Dude I've been trying to figure out a way to get some PX LZ Graphite shafts for my Apex black irons.

It was a toss up for me between s300 amt and the lz steel. I wish I could try the graphite somewhere...I'm excited to get to Cali and talk to those guys and learn about all their product more. I've had px and pxi in iron sets and the hzrdus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a toss up for me between s300 amt and the lz steel. I wish I could try the graphite somewhere...I'm excited to get to Cali and talk to those guys and learn about all their product more. I've had px and pxi in iron sets and the hzrdus

The PX LZ Tours felt really light to me when I was hitting them in the Mizuno Hot Metals. Profile wise I'm a big fan, but something in that 105-115g weight just works better for me.

The PX LZ Tours felt really light to me when I was hitting them in the Mizuno Hot Metals. Profile wise I'm a big fan, but something in that 105-115g weight just works better for me.

I've had some shafts in the weight range and never had an issue even at a softer flex. I liked the lz 6.0 paired with the ap2 and didn't like it as much in the mp25.

The modus 105 is one that I have gotten along with on a few heads and the same for the recoils. In my experience it's more the iron head than shaft if I don't get along with something in the lighter range

I've had some shafts in the weight range and never had an issue even at a softer flex. I liked the lz 6.0 paired with the ap2 and didn't like it as much in the mp25.

The modus 105 is one that I have gotten along with on a few heads and the same for the recoils. In my experience it's more the iron head than shaft if I don't get along with something in the lighter range

I only took about 10-15 swings, so more time would probably be ideal. I think the 6.0s come in at a shade under 90 - so it's not preposterously light.

Would one see a noticeable launch difference a 565 5-6 irons and the 765 5-6 irons?

Got some time on the range this past week and while I liked the distances on the 5-6 irons (765s), they seemed to launch more "mid" for me.

Would one see a noticeable launch difference a 565 5-6 irons and the 765 5-6 irons?

Got some time on the range this past week and while I liked the distances on the 5-6 irons (765s), they seemed to launch more "mid" for me.

I didn't notice a huge difference between the two of them when I was hitting them at a demo day. But I didn't have hard numbers.

I didn't notice a huge difference between the two of them when I was hitting them at a demo day. But I didn't have hard numbers.

That is disheartening. Guess I'll stop looking on eBay for single irons.

That is disheartening. Guess I'll stop looking on eBay for single irons.

I also hit anything I swing pretty high. So I might not be the best person to ask.

I don't have launch numbers but my peak height was within a couple yards between the two sets.

Played two rounds with the Srixon Z 765 irons in the bag. Definitely much easier to hit than my Miura MB001s, which was expected. Not 100% sure if the graphite Miayazki shafts are optimal for me, but I'd say overall I am pleased.

Went to PGASS to give the M1 a more throrough fitting.

Came away with some great numbers on a 10.5*, dialed down to 9.5* weight back with slider in the fade spot. Paired with HZRDUS Yellow. Was getting 13* of launch with 1900RPM spin and was keeping the ball on a consistent path. May have to bite the bullet with the 150% trade in offer and indulge.

Played two rounds with the Srixon Z 765 irons in the bag. Definitely much easier to hit than my Miura MB001s, which was expected. Not 100% sure if the graphite Miayazki shafts are optimal for me, but I'd say overall I am pleased.

I liked those shafts quite a bit, but I'm easy to please.

Can you elaborate on liking the LZ in the AP2 but not the MP25? What differences did you see?

I currently have AMT S300 and am debating swapping in some LZ Steel 5.5 or 6.0 or maybe some CTLs.

Can you elaborate on liking the LZ in the AP2 but not the MP25? What differences did you see?

I currently have AMT S300 and am debating swapping in some LZ Steel 5.5 or 6.0 or maybe some CTLs.

The overall feel of the lz with mp25 didn't feel as stable or controllable as compared to the ap2 with that shaft. My dispersion with mp25 was a two way miss and the left miss was big. In the ap2 it was a block and never hit them left unless I just made a bad swing and the hips stopped.

The s300 amt won out in the ap2 only because I was familiar with it from my cb the previous year even those were s400 so I stuck with what was comfortable.

I'm all over the map with my desire to try new hybrids. D300 and F7 both in play naturally, but I'm more tempted by the Tour Edge E8, Ex9 and Ex10 lines (particularly the Ex9 and Ex10).

Mizuno JPX-900 3 wood. Am obviously a big fan of that line and seeing a lot of success with it so why not add another club from it.

Ping G400 woods. Never been a fan of Ping but I love the small compact face of the new line.

Got a serious ponder on the new Hyper Lite bags after watching Callaways vids about them.

Got a serious ponder on the new Hyper Lite bags after watching Callaways vids about them.

I have a Hyperlite 3 in green in great shape I would be happy to make you a good deal on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back