Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a word?

Toulon.

Also, the SS 2.0 is a no brainer. Had the old version in the bag instead of my 58 and it was like my short game just completely came back to me.

Seconded.

I'm pretty jaded and critical when it comes to newcomers in the putter market, particularly the higher end region, but there is SO much here. If people haven't watched Fupy's interview, they NEED to. Passion galore from Mr. Toulon.

So much yes!

There is just so much intrigue there for me.
Also, the SS 2.0 is a no brainer. Had the old version in the bag instead of my 58 and it was like my short game just completely came back to me.

Dooooooooo it. Break hearts with it.

I'm pretty jaded and critical when it comes to newcomers in the putter market, particularly the higher end region, but there is SO much here. If people haven't watched Fupy's interview, they NEED to. Passion galore from Mr. Toulon.

There is just so much intrigue there for me.

What sticks out to me is the obvious of sound equals feel! And then the adjustability if 10 different necks to go with the 5 or so headshapes. And the SS or Tungsten sole plate to increase from 365-385 is so freaking interesting and exciting.

What sticks out to me is the obvious of sound equals feel! And then the adjustability if 10 different necks to go with the 5 or so headshapes. And the SS or Tungsten sole plate to increase from 365-385 is so freaking interesting and exciting.

Something I have been yelling for years, and being destroyed for it at times.

But its SO true, especially so in putters.

I hear you.

But, when you think about sound it makes senses. Sound = vibrations = feel.

It was interesting to hear Mr. Toulon talk about going through more than 30 prototypes of the face milling to make sure the sound was right. He is 100% on board with sound = feel.

I hear you.

But, when you think about sound it makes senses. Sound = vibrations = feel.

Precisely.

Solid/Lower tones = "soft"

Sharper/Higher tones = "firm"

I wouldn't even ponder, I would go out and buy a Callaway XR 16 Sub-Zero driver yesterday. Now I'm not saying I'm good enough to play it but I would give it the ol' THP try!

It was interesting to hear Mr. Toulon talk about going through more than 30 prototypes of the face milling to make sure the sound was right. He is 100% on board with sound = feel.

Makes me even more intrigued, Fup's interview was fantastic.

I wouldn't even ponder, I would go out and buy a Callaway XR 16 Sub-Zero driver yesterday. Now I'm not saying I'm good enough to play it but I would give it the ol' THP try!
You are not the only one lol

You are not the only one lol

I feel a Nike TW ball type lawsuit coming up. We won't settle until Callaway pays for our attorney fees, gives us millions for our emotional suffering and custom fits us for our own XR 16 Sub-Zero drivers. No justice no peace! Si su puede!

Pondering a new driver, got the bio cell+ right now, like it but I also like to change my equipment. But it's so many good ones out there. Been looking at the Callaway line up so far. The M2 is also interesting.

I;m done pondering equipment (finally). Most recently pondered the value of forged irons, and came up with there really is no reason to play forged irons these days. The tech has gotten to the point where you have many great cast choices that feel just as good as forged (altho often a bit different), and these irons have performance advantages. Besides, when people are shouting from the mountaintops how nothing feels like a forged iron, what they are really implying is that nothing feels like 'carbon steel'...because the ball feel comes from the material the head is made out of (the shaft, ball, grip, as well) and not the manufacturing process (forging). If it wasnt for many of the pros playing forged, there really wouldnt be a need to make forged irons these days. It's not the most efficient way to make irons. Besides, many so called forged irons are no longer one piece forgings anyway. ap2's? forged body with plastic/polymer insert and tungsten insert (just one example). My current cast irons feel more 'forged' to me than ap2's.
From a manufacturing point of view, I believe forgings are quite a bit more expensive to make than cast irons.
Don't want to get started on the 'blades' discussion. In the other large golf forum if you suggest that blades arent all that, you will get summarily personally attacked. This forum seems a lot nicer and less ego driven..and less la la land :).
As for me, I;m an old goat and have played forged irons all my many years of golf (in the last decade or so, it;s been nothing but Bridgestone forged irons). I now happily play TaylorMade RocketBladezTours. They feel soft. They feel every bit as nice as any forged iron i;ve ever hit, albeit they make a slightly louder sound. They also provide me with more much needed distance and tighter dispersion......all good

stiff shafts for my irons. looking to tighten dispersion up just a bit. i could use some lessons, too haha! thinking maybe px 5.5, or maybe dg pro in s flex.

Toulon. They looked like they have a wide blade option (San Diego maybe?) and they come with these...

886252_1674811009471209_3942823507387000158_o.jpg

So cool.

I've got a pretty bad hankering for some HZRDUS in my life. Also Grandura I suppose, but Hzrdus just seems more realistic at this point.

I wish I could play enough golf to Ponder new equipment. Sadly I don't play near enough to try and justify a new purchase. But I do have a pretty killer bag right now.

I guess there is always putters. haha

Question for the shaft experts out there:

If I have a driver shaft that I like everything about except I feel it's spinning a hair too much what is the best solution? I want to maintain launch.
-lower loft?
-different shaft?
-same shaft but move up to the next flex?
-same shaft but move up to heavier weight?
-scrap all of the above and just go through a driver fitting?

After reading up on some of the current golf GPS options available, I'm considering checking one out especially if I can get it for half of what the Tour X cost.

Toulon. They looked like they have a wide blade option (San Diego maybe?) and they come with these...

886252_1674811009471209_3942823507387000158_o.jpg

So cool.
That Toulon #9 shape is squarely on my radar, and these grips put that in overdrive. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back