Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you compare the MD2s to the X3X's for full and half swings?

I preferred the MD2's to be honest, Tour Grind at least. Better turf interaction for me.

But, honestly, there aren't really any BAD wedges out there nowadays.

I preferred the MD2's to be honest, Tour Grind at least. Better turf interaction for me.

But, honestly, there aren't really any BAD wedges out there nowadays.

Tour Grinds are awesome. I want them.

Shoulda said that a month ago, I would have given you two.

haha, slow playing I guess. Hadn't even hit them until late January.

Also, it'll make it interesting with the J15's in the mix. Both so good. Love both companies.

Just put my Hopkins 58* back into the bag and I'm loving it.

The square leading edge just inspires confidence for me.
That leading edge different than what's in the Mack Daddy 2? I honestly never noticed, but I've flip flopped between my Hopkins and MD2s in my sim league (stop laughing), and I seem to be much more consistent with the Hopkins.

That leading edge different than what's in the Mack Daddy 2? I honestly never noticed, but I've flip flopped between my Hopkins and MD2s in my sim league (stop laughing), and I seem to be much more consistent with the Hopkins.
I was more consistent with Hopkins as well.

I'll need to do a side-by-side comparison. something about the MD2's just felt a little clicky to me, a bit less full so to speak. Hence the reason why I got the RTX CB 54*.

I'll need to do a side-by-side comparison. something about the MD2's just felt a little clicky to me, a bit less full so to speak. Hence the reason why I got the RTX CB 54*.
Something I'd never think of doing. I guess I just wrote it off as different shafts, different bounce/grinds, and just different clubs. I'm kind of hoping they are different, and I can pretend I learned another thing about my wedge preference.

Something I'd never think of doing. I guess I just wrote it off as different shafts, different bounce/grinds, and just different clubs. I'm kind of hoping they are different, and I can pretend I learned another thing about my wedge preference.

As Jman said there are no bad wedges being made today, it's all about personal preference and what you want to see and feel and also how you utilize the club.

Not a new equipment ponder but thinking about filling the empty spot in my bag with the Niblick 49°. A little insurance for those bad chipping days seems like a good use of an empty slot.

Aeroburner driver. Stock 50g shaft and all

Speed driver with stock shaft. Enjoying the Blueboard so much in the 3w that I gotta at least entertain the idea.

After today, nothing else for 2015. Bets will be made.

Not saying, just saying. #PhotoEvidence

561fe41d6d21dc1e4f224582498bcada.jpg

Heard this song and dance before

Not a new equipment ponder but thinking about filling the empty spot in my bag with the Niblick 49°. A little insurance for those bad chipping days seems like a good use of an empty slot.
Where's the C SmartSole?! You were a magician with that thing!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

What?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I currently plat a scotty Cameron blade style putter and love it, however I have always wanted more of a mallet style with a superstroke to mess around with. I am currently torn between the Ping Ketch and the new odessey works versa #7 with the superstroke. The thing I like about the 7 is that it's not a "huge" mallet but still has nice shape and weighting...

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Where's the C SmartSole?! You were a magician with that thing!.

Once I got the Niblick 42° I sent the C off to someone that wanted it. The longer shaft of the Niblick fit me better. Then I fell in love with my XTD set wedges. Still have the S in the bag though.

New driver: G30, Big bertha 815, or r15
Possibly kbs shafts for my i20's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I currently plat a scotty Cameron blade style putter and love it, however I have always wanted more of a mallet style with a superstroke to mess around with. I am currently torn between the Ping Ketch and the new odessey works versa #7 with the superstroke. The thing I like about the 7 is that it's not a "huge" mallet but still has nice shape and weighting...

Have the counterbalance 7 with Superstroke. Love it

New driver: G30, Big bertha 815, or r15
Possibly kbs shafts for my i20's

Welcome to THP!

I liked the G30 a lot, the 815 though is insanely good for those who need launch and lower spin with silly lateral forgiveness. The R15 is just a different beast than those two, not near the ball speed retention and launch on misses, but on the nuts...look out.

Welcome to THP!

I liked the G30 a lot, the 815 though is insanely good for those who need launch and lower spin with silly lateral forgiveness. The R15 is just a different beast than those two, not near the ball speed retention and launch on misses, but on the nuts...look out.

Thanks! Love reading all of the posts. Figured I'd might as well start posting. I think the two I'm down to is the g30 and 815. Cousin has the g30. I like it but the deeper, longer head looks odd to me. I want to try the 815. Might throw in the Titleist 915 D2 for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back