What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large and medium bucket of balls. Had a decent range session

Picked up this alignment marvel. I probably won't keep it for long as the insert and I just don't see eye to eye on longer putts.
Shorter putts are freakishly easy with this thing though.
b4766a6a46dd9e813a57d2c6b8704aef.jpg

Order placed and now just waiting for delivery: Ping G30 SF Tec, 10*, Tour 65 stiff shaft.

Last edited:
Lots of stuff today. Full bag fitting at the Callaway Performance Center near me, and some stuff that came out of it.

- Some clubwork on my irons (lie/loft adjustment, grips)
- Vapor Speed Hybrid
- V-series 3 wood and Heavenwood
I look forward to your feedback on the V Series sticks

Order placed and now just waiting for delivery: Ping G30 SF Tec, 10*, Tour 65 stiff shaft.
It needs a color coordinated head cover to match the rest of the bag, so I pulled the trigger on this too

I bought one of these yesterday...

putters-2015-works-2-ball____1.png

Lots of stuff today. Full bag fitting at the Callaway Performance Center near me, and some stuff that came out of it.

- Some clubwork on my irons (lie/loft adjustment, grips)
- Vapor Speed Hybrid
- V-series 3 wood and Heavenwood
I will also be interested to see how the V Series 3W / heavenwood combo treats you. I went that route and the distance gap between the clubs for me is starting to make me question keeping the heavenwood in the bag. What shafts are you going with for these?

I will also be interested to see how the V Series 3W / heavenwood combo treats you. I went that route and the distance gap between the clubs for me is starting to make me question keeping the heavenwood in the bag. What shafts are you going with for these?

I went with the stock Bassara - I think I'm the target market for that shaft. I don't put an aggressive move on the ball - I want to say my tempo was 2s and 3s last time I got on the Mizuno shaft optimizer.

What are you seeing in terms of gapping?

I bought one of these yesterday...

putters-2015-works-2-ball____1.png

Ahhhh... me like!!!! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts.

I am so torn on which Works to get. I like the 1W, 2 Ball, #7 and VLine.

I went with the stock Bassara - I think I'm the target market for that shaft. I don't put an aggressive move on the ball - I want to say my tempo was 2s and 3s last time I got on the Mizuno shaft optimizer.

What are you seeing in terms of gapping?
About 30 yards for me. I go about 230 on a consistent basis with a 3W and am right about 200 max with the heavenwood. I may try to pick up a Bassara one of these days and try it in the heavenwood. The shaft weight scared me off and my fitter advised not goong anything less than mid 60's so I never even tried the stock.

I bought my Albatross membership and pair of AdiZero One golf shoes......

adizero-One_Q46806_profile_hero_wide.jpg

Ordered 4 more SuperStroke SS2R grips. Gonna pimp out the rest of my putter collection with them this weekend. Just loving this putter grip!!

Wish they had other color options

The mail lady dropped this of this morning. I can't wait to get it out on the course this weekend.
e57418eb73f470e23f7a3e2a19491611.jpg
993eea52dc0d3955b97d3d5bbd27726c.jpg

About 30 yards for me. I go about 230 on a consistent basis with a 3W and am right about 200 max with the heavenwood. I may try to pick up a Bassara one of these days and try it in the heavenwood. The shaft weight scared me off and my fitter advised not goong anything less than mid 60's so I never even tried the stock.

Once the snow here finally melts, and I can get out on the course I'll put my thoughts on the heavenwood thread. In the performance center, at least, the gaps looked like they'd work for me. To be honest, once I get over 200 (right about the high end with the heavenwood during my fitting), I have to really think about whether or not I want to hit into a green. So, a little larger gap at the top works to get a bit more distance with the 3W off the tee over the 4 wood that I would usually play in that spot.

Once the snow here finally melts, and I can get out on the course I'll put my thoughts on the heavenwood thread. In the performance center, at least, the gaps looked like they'd work for me. To be honest, once I get over 200 (right about the high end with the heavenwood during my fitting), I have to really think about whether or not I want to hit into a green. So, a little larger gap at the top works to get a bit more distance with the 3W off the tee over the 4 wood that I would usually play in that spot.
The main thing I want out of my 2nd FW is something that I can get a consistent 210 out of for 3 shorter, tight par 4's at my course that a 210 yard tee shot leaves me with SW into the green. I am much more deadly with a full swing 54 than a 50 or 58.

Got me a pair of the FJ EXL BOA from overseas.
To46zjP.jpg

Finally got around to pulling the trigger...

C-Taper Lite iron shafts
Swing weight scale
Swing weight kit
Shims
Blue ferrules from Grail Golf

Can't wait for it all to get here so I can start putting it together!

Nice Jon!

This came in yesterday.
dc75b1622366a3e5d8181b91bd436931.jpg

And got this back from the builder.
6ccca4a7d8bf568121d10f23ea960d84.jpg

df432d93f546aed2f6517382e32fe47e.jpg

Set it up, bro!

One thing I like about Game Golf, it's pretty good at detecting swings. So even if you forget to buzz, it'll trip your memory and you can usually remember to plug in the club you hit.

I went ahead and bought an ammo box of used Hex Chrome and Hex Black balls.

Didnt buy today but it showed up today.... completely forgot about it. True Temper hat from the giveaway.... looks different than i was thinking it would.

20150318_172737_zpsh85i4bp5.jpg

Just arrived from fellow THPer Girardcorp
9340edc19e6ba5ac7903d74b581de884.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back