Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Wedges Review Thread

I got the frosted which looks to be the same as my old FG tours which are holding up great. But will be interested to see if they change anything in next gen. The PMP and the older version are near identical. Mainly a shaft change.

I got the frosted which looks to be the same as my old FG tours which are holding up great. But will be interested to see if they change anything in next gen. The PMP and the older version are near identical. Mainly a shaft change.

I don’t have my FGs any longer but I still have the PMPs. I got along with the PMPs a lot better but I really can’t put my finger on why. Due for a new release though.

well the shaft change can make a big difference. I recall when I got the FG that I lost distance vs. my clevelands they replaced. Over time I stopped taking full swings with wedges and somewhat muted that difference. looking forward to hitting it.

I picked up a 56-14 PMP SW with an NS Pro shaft for a experiment. Since I primarily do full swings down to SW I'm going to see if keeping the same flex throughout will improve my consistency. My first round is early Saturday morning so I'm curious how it goes. I really do like the feel and ball flight I've seen on the range.

Back at it, a morning home from work = building a PMP w/ recoil95 wedge while following ShaftUp 3 at olympia fields!
6721911b0aec9f75f7b5bc0aa080b5b4.jpg
c7f2204a2e19e036ecf77e0211aca2af.jpg
81bf6dd33cd16d8292ff510b88f0f229.jpg
3b9930d806a4b0400f5a2728aae3c625.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rallo;n8877478 said:
Back at it, a morning home from work = building a PMP w/ recoil95 wedge while following ShaftUp 3 at olympia fields!
6721911b0aec9f75f7b5bc0aa080b5b4.jpg
c7f2204a2e19e036ecf77e0211aca2af.jpg
81bf6dd33cd16d8292ff510b88f0f229.jpg
3b9930d806a4b0400f5a2728aae3c625.jpg

I feel like you should livestream this

PMPs are great wedges. Hard to believe how affordable they are, and were even when new.

ddec;n8877482 said:
I feel like you should livestream this
Haha, if you want to watch me struggle turning the ferrule for 10 min. Some things weren't meant for live TV

rallo;n8877498 said:
Haha, if you want to watch me struggle turning the ferrule for 10 min. Some things weren't meant for live TV

I mean I got time

ArmyGolf;n8877488 said:
PMPs are great wedges. Hard to believe how affordable they are, and were even when new.

i had a playing partner hit my PMP 60, his first words were "that felt great" and "is it forged" and "who makes this"

I play a 56* and a 60*. Love them both. I know how far they are going and they stop well. I got both via Budget Golf when they closed out the blue gun color.

My 52, 55, and 59 are going strong. SW all off on mine but fixed with lighter grips

Has anyone else noticed that this wedge line removes cover paint/finish off a golf ball like no other wedge? I hit a ball and can look down at the face and see a white ball mark where paint came off my golf ball. Vokeys I've had don't do that.

I've seen it happen using Duo+, TruSoft, TF Gamer, etc... so I don't think it is a golf ball thing.

My wedge is 58* standard sole with stock KBS Hi Rev 2.0 shaft.

Dave

Has anyone else noticed that this wedge line removes cover paint/finish off a golf ball like no other wedge? I hit a ball and can look down at the face and see a white ball mark where paint came off my golf ball. Vokeys I've had don't do that.

I've seen it happen using Duo+, TruSoft, TF Gamer, etc... so I don't think it is a golf ball thing.

Dave
Intersting. I have two and dont notice that and I hit a ton of range balls. I will pay attention to it.

Intersting. I have two and dont notice that and I hit a ton of range balls. I will pay attention to it.
Not much can damage range rocks.

Dave

I hit 5 wedges today to a target about 20 yards away with Top Flite Gamer golf balls from 2018. This is not limited to just Top Flite. I've seen Duo+ and DT TruSoft also lose their paint.

20200320_163848_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Dave

Back