Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

I didn't hit this on the course Saturday but hit 7 balls on the range right before going out and I like sound it's a very muted soft almost unnoticeable sound. The feel matches that and sometimes i wonder if the ball even made contact. With the iRod 75 I see a mid to mid high launch and overall peak height. My other hybrid that it competes with is the 816 h1. I like the look of both hybrids.

Not sure if it's a confidence thing or mental somehow but I hit the h1 better. I get a higher launch and flight with it and based solely on visual it's longer by at least 5 yds. That is something I could live with not having from the vktr as it's a 3h and my 200-210 club. Want to do at least another round of testing before deciding what I'm going to do with it

Tested this today with 9 golfers and the results were really really good compared to a number of current model hybrids (their clubs). Really really impressive as the VKTR was closer to the same distance (consistency), with less distance from center target for all but a single tester (random golfers at the range). Very surprising for me, but showed how well one can get dialed in with this one if they want to.

We will have more on the test coming up soon.

Tested this today with 9 golfers and the results were really really good compared to a number of current model hybrids (their clubs). Really really impressive as the VKTR was closer to the same distance (consistency), with less distance from center target for all but a single tester (random golfers at the range). Very surprising for me, but showed how well one can get dialed in with this one if they want to.

Not really surprising given what I have seen with this club. If you put a decent swing on it, the ball is going to be in a pretty small landing area. The accuracy of this club is what is really making me think about getting a set of pTx.

The accuracy isn't surprising, but the distance is. I love hearing it as I have really enjoyed my time with the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really need to spend some time with these. It is long overdue.

I'm pretty tempted to give one of these a test drive over the winter on the simulator. I'm very curious on how it would compare to my Apex.

I'm pretty tempted to give one of these a test drive over the winter on the simulator. I'm very curious on how it would compare to my Apex.

This was shorter but much more consistent for me

This was shorter but much more consistent for me

From todays test, the Apex is longer for high spin players and shorter for low spin players. The VKTR has more spin (by design).

From some one who hated hybrids and couldn't hit one straight to save his life these VKTR's have changed my thought process on hybrids and started a love affair with them. My 20 degree is my go to club from about 160 yards. It's automatic. Straight and easily holds greens. I have also recently added a 24 degree that I am still working with to find the right yardage for me. Just like the 20 degree, this club just goes high and straight. My next VKTR will be a 17 degree which will hopefully fill that 185-190 gap that I so desperately need. I ave gone back and tried other brands of hybrids but still have the same results. Lots of mishits sandwiched around a great shot. There is just something special about these hybrids that click with me and I recommend them to any and everyone.

From some one who hated hybrids and couldn't hit one straight to save his life these VKTR's have changed my thought process on hybrids and started a love affair with them. My 20 degree is my go to club from about 160 yards. It's automatic. Straight and easily holds greens. I have also recently added a 24 degree that I am still working with to find the right yardage for me. Just like the 20 degree, this club just goes high and straight. My next VKTR will be a 17 degree which will hopefully fill that 185-190 gap that I so desperately need. I ave gone back and tried other brands of hybrids but still have the same results. Lots of mishits sandwiched around a great shot. There is just something special about these hybrids that click with me and I recommend them to any and everyone.

That is a pretty solid endorsement...haha
I have a feeling there are a few from the range today that feel the same way. They were really well liked.

From todays test, the Apex is longer for high spin players and shorter for low spin players. The VKTR has more spin (by design).

This explains a lot of why I like it so much. You've seen how low spin I can be.

This explains a lot of why I like it so much. You've seen how low spin I can be.

Yeah, you are a darn low swing player that will see great results from raising that number in the climate we play in.

I really wish they would make one in the 28-29* range as I would add that in a heartbeat. This is the only hybrid ever for me that rivals an iron for distance consistency and accuracy - and it is probably the only club on today's market for which I would pay full price.

I have a 20* and a 25* and absolutely love them!

I have a 20* and a 25* and absolutely love them!

What kind of ball flight are you seeing out of the 25*

Based on this and what JB had to say I'm going to give this one a go. I still like my utility iron but I've wanted to give a hybrid another shot. I'm like you and haven't had good success with past hybrids. This one has just been calling me since it's release.

Really pondering this in a 25* hybrid

Really pondering this in a 25* hybrid

Me too... I wish I could find a 25* locally to put some swings on it. I hit the 20* and enjoyed it.

Hit the best hybrid shot of my life with this bad boy the other day.

a 210 striper on a par 5 that landed me on the green. Baby draw, and penetrating ball flight made it awesome.

I did not make the putt.

Hit the best hybrid shot of my life with this bad boy the other day.

a 210 striper on a par 5 that landed me on the green. Baby draw, and penetrating ball flight made it awesome.

I did not make the putt.

noice! i hit some beauts with this bad boy a couple weekends ago. best was probably 2nd shot into a par 5 downwind. i don't remember the distance, but i hit it on a frozen rope, over a bunker dead straight onto the green. it really was an awesome shot that just felt money. more than any other hybrid i've ever played, i have full confidence in the carry distance with this, which is probably related to the spin jb mentions above. i like spin.

My new 25 degree is getting a workout today and is not disappointing! It seems to be my 135-140 club and is holding greens.

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

Best shot of the round. I was 158 yards out so I took out my 20 degree VKTR (which is my 160 club). You can see where it landed and how little roll out there was
b65e9d31af8bb664efbc333631d2fc42.jpg

Landing spot is to the right of the yellow ball

637877838bf88975c87527b2bc3e1644.jpg

Last edited:
Concept:
I'm a shortknocker and I rely on my 5i & 6i to hold the green on longer approach shots. Which is why I substituted the Hogan PTx 26° & 30° into those slots. The PTx work great. However, due to my occasional less than ideal play and/or the longer par 3's that I face regularly, I needed something with a bit more distance. Based on the feedback in this thread and after hitting mancest's I decided to add a VKTR to my bag. I wanted a seamless transition to my PTx's so it also has Recoil shaft.

Initial Thoughts:
I had my first round with my 24° VKTR on Saturday. Still dialing in my distances though it seems to fit into the slot nicely. Of course I only had the opportunity to hit into 2 greens, both par 3's, and it held both just fine. The distance is comparable to my Tour Mashie it's replacing but with a bit higher trajectory.

Concept:
I'm a shortknocker and I rely on my 5i & 6i to hold the green on longer approach shots. Which is why I substituted the Hogan PTx 26° & 30° into those slots. The PTx work great. However, due to my occasional less than ideal play and/or the longer par 3's that I face regularly, I needed something with a bit more distance. Based on the feedback in this thread and after hitting mancest's I decided to add a VKTR to my bag. I wanted a seamless transition to my PTx's so it also has Recoil shaft.

Initial Thoughts:
I had my first round with my 24° VKTR on Saturday. Still dialing in my distances though it seems to fit into the slot nicely. Of course I only had the opportunity to hit into 2 greens, both par 3's, and it held both just fine. The distance is comparable to my Tour Mashie it's replacing but with a bit higher trajectory.

Thats a good start DT.

Concept:

Initial Thoughts:

Where do you have the weight at? I have mine in the rear port but want to test it in the bottom.

Back