Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

Im excited to try these out.

you and me both. These and the PTx irons. Left the show feeling completely different about the new BH brand this year compared to last.

I like the look and the adjustability of these

you and me both. These and the PTx irons. Left the show feeling completely different about the new BH brand this year compared to last.

I was glad to see them expand the offerings and look forward to people being able to test them out.

I'm not sure if there was another hybrid at the show that captured my interest as much as these did

I really hope to own Hogan clubs again some day. If they can get their name on some pro bags, maybe they can get volume levels to bring the price into the realm of the attainable.

I never really had confidence in hitting my hybrids so this would be a must try. I like the technology behind their weighting system for the club as well as offering the club in different lofts instead of just replacing long irons with hybrids which is the way it's currently done.

f209074e17885182f31a6ddbe95a9029.jpg

65c3f1a38b684103f60045f9cc4f67fb.jpg

1f79a2b6894a65ebac48326196fa6bc3.jpg

e1c5c4147352bdbce4042bff8e6386b3.jpg

Nice! Such a good looking hybo in person.

Wow, from the face view it gives it such a stubby toe look. It doesn't seem so stubby looking from the top view. It's a pretty nice looking club and the adjustability factor is cool feature. I'm looking forward to see what the feedback is on this.

I was able to hit two of the prototype versions of the VKTRs in Dallas. Super small sample size but this was a nice stick. I especially liked it with the iRod shaft. (And I am kind of picky about hybrids - I still game my 7 (??) year old Callaways).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well dangit I want 2.

I like it!!!

These look so good in person. So tempting.

I was able to hit two of the prototype versions of the VKTRs in Dallas. Super small sample size but this was s nice stick. I especially liked it with the iRod shaft. (And I am kind of picky about hybrids - I still game my 7 (??) year old Callaways).

I have both the iRod and Aldila here and agree on the iRod.

Such good looking hybrids

I like the looks

Wow really liking the looks of this. The toe design could take some getting used to as far as looks but dang she looks slick from the at address view.

Wow really liking the looks of this. The toe design could take some getting used to as far as looks but dang she looks slick from the at address view.
You touched on an important point, at address the toe is a non issue. In fact, my recollection is the head looked compact at address. But it's been about a month so maybe I am mis-remembering. And again, for perspective, part of the reason I haven't changed hybrids is I'm not a fan of that Adams-ish square toe look, but it was oddly a non issue here.

It definitely does look compact. I wonder about forgiveness with these. Are they aimed at a specific player profile? Looking forward to THP feedback on these.

That is really boxy I think I'll pass.

those look, um, different. not chomping at the bit to try these. if they were in front of me I would give them a hit, but based on those pics that design does not resonate with me.

As someone who hits high toe on hybrids a lot, this design interests me. I wonder if it would help me on mis-hits. At the very least it would be harder for me to scratch the paint on it like I do on the toe of shorter faced rounded/oval hybrids.

I just have an issue with the limited shaft options. Any word on if/when more choices will be available than the few listed on the website?

As someone who hits high toe on hybrids a lot, this design interests me. I wonder if it would help me on mis-hits. At the very least it would be harder for me to scratch the paint on it like I do on the toe of shorter faced rounded/oval hybrids.

I just have an issue with the limited shaft options. Any word on if/when more choices will be available than the few listed on the website?

I would imagine it's like the irons, and I believe Terry mentioned it at Hogan, you can get any shaft you want, they may have to order it and there be an upcharge, but they can get it.

Damn solid shaft offerings on the site though.

I like the looks of these. Looks as though they would be more iron replacement as opposed to small fairway woods, which I personally like in hybrids.

I like the looks of these. Looks as though they would be more iron replacement as opposed to small fairway woods, which I personally like in hybrids.
That's correct. They said they wanted spin and loft to hold greens and integrate perfectly (with lofts at 1* increments) with iron sets.

Back