How often do you clean your clubs and what do you use clean them?

Wipe clubs with a dry towel after most shots.

Clean club heads after each round with a microfiber towel and water. Does a terrific job.

Clean grips after every three or four rounds with some soapy water and a microfiber towel.

Every few rounds I give them a soak for a few minutes in warm water with some dish soap, scrub them with a stiff nylon brush and let em dry.works pretty good for me.

During the round, just a wire brush tool

I don't go out of my way to clean them. If there is a lot of debris on them when I'm in playing I give it a quick whipe but that's it.

After every range session or round, hot water and brush. When I get home, clubs get cleaned first thing.

Should this thread be merged with the OCD thread?

Wipe the irons off after every shot with a wet towel. Wire brush the grooves when I hit a fat one, then wipe with the wet towel. Spray detail wax once a week for driver & 3 metal.

I clean after every shot, I play along the coast so the ground tends to be damp year round. I give them a good cleaning with soap and water once a week. My home course has a mat only range so I have to routinely clean off the green residue from the bottom of the irons, that stuff drives me nuts.

What does everyone use to clean the outside of their bags? I have a red white and blue cart bag and the white gets kinda dingy. I was thinking a Mr clean magic eraser but wasn't sure what it would do to the material.

Read this some where and tried and said, whoa, this is too cool.

I use baby wipes. Two of them will clean your whole set - irons, woods, putter. You know they are mild because they get used on babies, and you know they will clean because who needs cleaning more than babies.

Bought a case of baby wipes at Costco for less than $ 20 and after giving half of the case away, I should have enough for at least a few years.

I usually wipe my clubs down a couple of times a week.

Clean off irons after every shot and wipe off putter head with an oil cloth after every round. Do a full set cleaning once a month with a toothbrush and dish detergent for the heads and use Gripes to clean all grips.

After each round.

I use mequiars ultimate liquid wax (a synthetic polymer) on the crowns of all glossy finished drivers, fairways, and hybrids. Makes them pop with beauty! I've used other waxes but prefer this due to ease of use. It dries in minutes and does not leave white residue if it gets in a crevice. Remove wax with microfiber towel.
Wash irons with soap and water.

Wash grips with soap and water every 2-3 weeks.

Good idea for the crowns!

I wipe mine during the round and will give them a soap and water bath and a good groove cleaning with a sharpener at the end of the weekend.

I brush them and stuff while playing but an actual cleaning...maybe once or twice a year

I don't clean them often enough but the next time I do I am going to use unicorn blood.

Don't really wash them at home but after every shot I wipe them down with a wet towel and brush

Cleaning mine tonight after the wet weekend in Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this today as I was cleaning my clubs. I played with a guy last Thursday who had iron covers but didn't wipe the clubs off after every shot, then there's my boss who looks like he was digging a trench with his brand new Club Champion Clubs. I don't mind a little dirt but I do then to keep them pretty clean while playing and then I'll scrub the faces down every 2 rounds or so. How often do you clean yours?

I wipe my clubs down after every shot, then clean them with warm water and a brush whenever I bring them home from my club as they usually stay in my locker

I will only clean the entire set once or twice a season. Usually, as long as the grooves are clean I will just roll with it. If the grooves aren't clean when I pull the club, it gets some spit and a brush taken to it.

I'll wash them with water when I think the grooves are getting too hard to wipe off/scrub with a brush on course.
Might start damping half my towel and using that on course after every shot.

ON COURSE - Two microfiber towels--one wet, one dry. Golf brush will nylon bristles on one side and brass on the other.

OFF COURSE - Warm water and a little dish soap. The same type of brush, dishcloth, and a big beach or bath towel.

On course, towel, tee on grooves.
At home. Warm soapy water for club heads and grips

Never, at least not any formal cleaning.

After ever shot, I have a towel with brush attached to it, I'll give the grooves a quick back & forth, a wipe with the cloth and back in the bag. That's it, takes only a few seconds.

I will clean my grips every so often though. Maybe.

I’m surprised no one lets there clubs soak over in a 2 liter of coke or Pepsi. That will get all the nastiness out of the grooves. Just pour it in a 5 gal bucket and let them sit over night. Wipe them off with a wet rag as you put them back in the bag. This is a once a season tradition for my irons.

there is a club washer on the first tee off on my home course, so before every round I clean the ones that need it. When on the range there is buckets full of water with a rag and brush attached to it about every 20' along range, so I clean after every range session.

When playing my simulator, I use warm water, and a brush, and won't let anyone fire a shot until all the grooves are clean on every club going to be used. Trying to keep my screen as clean as possible without cleaning it, and clean clubs make a huge difference.

Back