Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

This has been my debate. I'm thinking the 2 dots will be plenty versatile but with all the soft conditions down here 3 dot would probably be best in the higher lofts. But I don't want to loose versatility if I open them up. I'm thinking 50° 2 dot and then 56° 3 dot
Dont overthink it. I'm playing in literal mud here right now with the downpours and there's still no reason I can see that I'd want the FG in the higher lofts. The 2 dot 60 has been a champ in this mess still.

Settled I will be picking up the MB Black satin 2 dots in 54,58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black finish is so damn good

Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Dont overthink it. I'm playing in literal mud here right now with the downpours and there's still no reason I can see that I'd want the FG in the higher lofts. The 2 dot 60 has been a champ in this mess still.

There's another thing I'm a probably overthinking. At a 46° pitching wedge I know you're going 52° 56° and 60°. Which is different from your typical setup 50-54 and 58°. Have you noticed a big change between your pitching wedge and that 52°. Would you consider going back to a 50°?

The 16th can't get here soon enough. I've got funds burning a hole in my pocket.

There's another thing I'm a probably overthinking. At a 46° pitching wedge I know you're going 52° 56° and 60°. Which is different from your typical setup 50-54 and 58°. Have you noticed a big change between your pitching wedge and that 52°. Would you consider going back to a 50°?
Wtf dude i thought u ordered these already stop pondering and triple guessing....gooooooo

Would love to give them a swing. Fighting my MD PM wedge a little bit. Have a Recoil shaft in it and it lacks a "Feel".

Would love to give them a swing. Fighting my MD PM wedge a little bit. Have a Recoil shaft in it and it lacks a "Feel".

I'll have mine there as well, always fair game to try.

The black finish is so damn good

It looks so gorgeous, plus the better wear makes it that much more enjoyable

I've put in some more time with these, and I absolutely love them. You really can't go wrong with the CB or MB. I did plenty of work with all four wedges today, but the best shot was a 52 that I stuck to 3 feet on a short par 3. The RTX-3s really are the complete package and I couldn't be happier with them!

Love that more and more people are seeing how good these really are.

When these are released I'm going to look into perhaps cb 50 and mb 54 3dot. 50 is mainly a full swing club for me at 120 to 135 yds so cb makes sense there. I like higher bounce in 54 and lower in 58. The pm grind in 58 is do good for me so I'll look at 54 with mb. Man I wish the cb came in black

When these are released I'm going to look into perhaps cb 50 and mb 54 3dot. 50 is mainly a full swing club for me at 120 to 135 yds so cb makes sense there. I like higher bounce in 54 and lower in 58. The pm grind in 58 is do good for me so I'll look at 54 with mb. Man I wish the cb came in black
Wish that cb was black too i would have snagged it for sure

If you follow THPFan on Facebook, and like these wedges, I would check it out now.
If you don't follow THPFan on Facebook, you might want to start. :D

Thought I would throw up some pics so everyone can see how they are wearing. I have about 12 rounds in with them and use the 58* the most but quite a few bunker shots with the 54* which is just GREAT out of the sand.
87f240ca20d94205457acf917e0adfe5.jpg

521de05a00095dee1a1293f95f4331d4.jpg

a07297fd6a03640672f7d2c0cc0e0b30.jpg

9166e2806f8bc0a1748aa1c2364ef4bd.jpg

It really is mind boggling how good the black finish holds up in these. Best I have ever seen in any club.

It really is mind boggling how good the black finish holds up in these. Best I have ever seen in any club.
I figured all the sand shots I have taken would start to wear/shine up the sole but it hasn't even begun to show anything at all. :clapp:

And its not even close. Gave mine a cleaning for the first time, about 3 to 4 rounds in, a few range sessions and still as good as new

And its not even close. Gave mine a cleaning for the first time, about 3 to 4 rounds in, a few range sessions and still as good as new

I thought both Callaway and Titleist did well with the black finishes, but frankly you are right, its not close. By far better than anything I have used for durability.

I thought both Callaway and Titleist did well with the black finishes, but frankly you are right, its not close. By far better than anything I have used for durability.

Yeah I have a PM grind that has about the same about of rounds/range session on it and there is a noticable difference already in just a short amount of time. Cant ask for much more with these wedges.

Getting in 18 tomorrow at the Virtues with these. It will be exciting to see how the play out for me on the course. They've been great in my range sessions so far.

Is there much difference in grinds out of thick rough?

Back