Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

These will hit the course this week (Thursday I believe) for some more on course testing. Going to bring both the MB and CB out and continue to work with them because there is some tech in the CB that I just simply really like.

I am thoroughly impressed by the 26 page product manual. There are charts of test results against competitors including spin and dispersion, and the overall level of detail and extremely crisp presentation leave me with a seriously positive impression of what SRI/Cleveland are bringing us right now.

If one believes that charts, RTX-3 CB's have about half the dispersion of an MD3 S-Grind, with robot misses averaging 6.8 ft. vs. 11.6 ft. That probably more than doubles your odds of making a birdie putt percentage - that is significant.

Big fan of that product manual. The only thing I would have added was a couple pages detailing the custom shaft and grip options.

So I took the liberty of tweeting Eli Miller; basically sharing the awesome product manual and requesting more info on custom shafts & grips. Got a response today. Really like the way he interacts with the THP community.

@Obed_Torres Thanks! Working on that for you and will send it over as soon as it's ready!

Was at the mile high PGASS yesterday and spotted a mess of these with demo stickers on the shafts, waiting to be unwrapped and put out in the bays.

Was at the mile high PGASS yesterday and spotted a mess of these with demo stickers on the shafts, waiting to be unwrapped and put out in the bays.

Hopefully you get to test them, looking forward to your feedback.

I'll be getting out with mine on Thursday, possibly Saturday and then on Monday. Looking forward to spending some time with them on my home course to see how the 2 dot bounce and v-sole work on my turf.

Did he give a reason?
I mean what is the difference in mixing these or going from PW or AW to your wedges?

Maybe the feeling between Them is different

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Maybe the feeling between Them is different

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

If you primarily full swing a 50* compared to say mainly partial swings with the 54* and up, then it's going to feel different no matter what you do. It's an interesting take from your pro that's for sure.

Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Thinking of switching my hi rev 2.0 from my precision forged and adding them to the RTX 3. That should be a short game weapon. Girlfriend will be buying me one for me in Vegas for our first year anniversary excited to try it out on course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thinking of switching my hi rev 2.0 from my precision forged and adding them to the RTX 3. That should be a short game weapon. Girlfriend will be buying o w for me in Vegas for our first year anniversary excited to try it out on course

That sounds like a pretty solid weapon.

That sounds like a pretty solid weapon.

My game is itching to game these.

I'm so comfortable and content with the CB/CB/MB setup I'm using that its scary.

I'm excited to get my wedges out this weekend and post some thoughts. It should be dry here as well so can't wait to see how they perform in those conditions as well.

I'm so comfortable and content with the CB/CB/MB setup I'm using that its scary.

I have been thinking about this setup myself as of late. Going 50, 56 and 60.
Part of it is how I use the clubs.

I will be getting mine out on Sunday on a course that they should see lots of use. Last nights pitching in the back yard and the stance change that Eli's rep made has me feeling really good about using these.

Just taking some practice cuts in the backyard pitching makes me realize how good the weighting is on these. Makes it feel so in control.

Alright, if you guys had this situation which way would you go. I'm more than likely going to be picking up a 56* once these come out. That is the highest lofted wedge I go, and I use it for everything (full shots, pitch, chips, flops). I however don't use it for full shots all that often it's used more around the green 20 yards and in, in particular, when I need to get the ball up high. Would you guys go CB or MB? Right now I lean toward CB but part of me says to go with the old classic MB.

Alright, if you guys had this situation which way would you go. I'm more than likely going to be picking up a 56* once these come out. That is the highest lofted wedge I go, and I use it for everything (full shots, pitch, chips, flops). I however don't use it for full shots all that often it's used more around the green 20 yards and in, in particular, when I need to get the ball up high. Would you guys go CB or MB? Right now I lean toward CB but part of me says to go with the old classic MB.

MB in this instance, in my opinion. Its what you are used to.

I was going to say the same, MB since its a preference and you arent using it (often) for full swing

Still hitting mine well out of yhe sand.. 60*LG. I am having a bit of issue with hitting the ball to the right with the 56* when hitting full/mid swing.

I feel its me being a bum in my downswing more than anything. The finish is patina'ing nicely though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yeah the more I think about it MB is probably the right move. Plus I can get the sweet raw finish .

These wedges to look solid. I'm hard pondering a V-FG 54 to fill my SW slot. Still undecided on CB/MB there, but could see the benefits of both.

Not ready to let go of my PM Grind LW just yet. Would have to demo one side by side. Any comparisons there? Outside of the obvious high toe and extended grooves.

Oh and there's no way I could game a set of these without at least one tour raw finish. I've found a way to wear the soles off on my Cally wedges, so I'm seeing some rust there, but I love me some full on rusty wedges.

Debating if I go CB, MB. So many great reads on these

Loving the little rust freckles these are getting.

14290134207874129f35d51b532f4c1b.jpg

Spent some time in the backyard tonight with the 58* MB. I measured off 40 feet and put a small bean bag chair as a target. (It is about 3 feet around) Took 10 balls and hit the chair 7 of ten. Figured this would keep me with in 3 feet of a pin.
The thing I noticed was how I could feel the head down and thru the chip. I have a thick lawn and had no problem getting thru the grass. These feel much better than my Mizuno wedges.
Sunday I will be playing a course that will have very tight lies, so I will put up some thought after that round.

Hit these at Golf Mart again and laughed at how good they felt!

Back