Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Has anyone from the Cleveland event gone and had their lie angles adjusted as Eli suggested? I'm going to have mine fixed tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone from the Cleveland event gone and had their lie angles adjusted as Eli suggested? I'm going to have mine fixed tomorrow :)

I havent yet, Im going to spend some more time with these and then take these in with my irons and have everything looked at/adjusted accordingly

I had these out on the course for our last night of league. All of my playing partners were hitting my CB's and two of them tried to steal my 60 degree because they were putting it close to the pin every time. Most of these guys are better golfers than me and they were amazed at how easy it was to hit them out of any lie. The conditions were still a little soft as we had some rain earlier in the day, but nothing as wet as Saturday at the SG Shootout.

I love the turf interaction and the V-Sole. Especially out of any deep rough it just helped make more solid contact. The other guys really liked that they could feel the head through impact as well. I was also getting balls to check up on almost all of the holes which is not something I could do regularly with my SM6. I don't see the 54 degree or 60 degree leaving my bag anytime soon. Hoping to get out again today and add some more comments.

Not yet. Going to play around for a bit first and see how it goes.

I'm lucky. I'm standard loft and lie so I'm so good!

While i hope to get these out some day when its not wet i guess i cant be picky.
First off ill get this out of the way now...i love the 54*. All kinds of versatile. I had 2 shots from 10 yards ish on fairway in front of green. Clipped them both little line drive checkers to tap in range both times. I dont do that i mean ever let alone twice in the same round.

I also ripped a 3/4 58* from 80 yards in the rough to about 6 feet for a nice 1 putt.

And on #1 after going over the green OB i nearly chipped in with the 58* and salvaged a bogey.

Only bad shot was trying to hit a 58* from hard pan and i thinned it badly.

All in all i cant ask for a better go around with these and i only played 9 holes.

The 54 two dot is pretty darn versatile.

Cant wait to check these out on the course in Vegas, I am stoked to try them on the course.

I even went back to off the green on 9 when i was done dropped one in fairway 25 yards out and stuck it to about 9 feet which ill take all day

I do love me some Cleveland wedges.

And these are their best ones yet. At least of any I have ever tried going back a few generations.

You playing that one in CB or MB? I'll be going back to 54-58 in these, and I'm excited to hear that about the versatility of the 54, as that's a club I use a ton on some of the courses I play often.

Will be headed out this weekend for some short game testing with these. Have both the mb and cb in the bag in the same lofts for some tests.

I really want to get my hands on these wedges. The CB tech has my eyes.

What's the reason for this? Just part of normal variability with new clubs?

I play my irons with the lies 2 degrees up. Eli recommended the same for your wedges.

I play my irons with the lies 2 degrees up. Eli recommended the same for your wedges.

Like e1iterate said - just a fit thing. Should have your wedges fit for everything just like your irons, and all of the wedges we received were stock lie angle.

Time for some fun

566bf8fd7f296342262144ba24fc6001.jpg

I'm still waiting for my wedges to arrive. Should be Tuesday according to the tracking info I was given. I can't wait to give these a spin for the first time. I tecnically should have mine beny upright since my current Mizuno has my irons playing at +1/2" and 2* upright making my PW 36" and 65* lie but I think I'll probably wait and see if I get fitted for some new irons this fall and then adjust them accordingly to any swing changes over the last couple of years.

A view of the Tour Raw finish during my round. If you like rust, this is the finish for you.

9251395a5e652fecdbee38d8a10bb335.jpg

Its funny, when I got to review the CB my initial thought was that even if they're good I wouldn't play them long term because I'm a 50/54 guy, not 52/56.

Well, that thought ended very quickly. The 52/56 CB and 60 MB setup are solidified in the bag. I've actually found going with the 56 has me using it more than the 60 as 2 degrees mentally makes me more confident in touch shots with it, which makes zero sense since we are talking 2 degrees, but it is what it is. Additionally, I don't try to overswing for distance on the 52/56, its made me take a PW and take some off, or take the 52 and take some off, and that's brought consistency.

The biggest reason they're in the bag though is the sole freaking works and the feel is stellar. I can't imagine ever needing anything other than 2 dot in the three I have as I've not found a shot or lie yet I don't have covered. Plus, combined with a tour level urethane ball they spin lime monsters for me because of the clean contact.

I talked about the design of the sole a lot in my CB review linked in the OP (appreciate a ton all those that have commented) but the V sole high bounce low bounce combo is brilliant for creating consistent turf interaction.

Such good wedges.

A view of the Tour Raw finish during my round. If you like rust, this is the finish for you.

9251395a5e652fecdbee38d8a10bb335.jpg

Gotta love that Georgia humidity. That looks sweet!

God I love rust.

Another great day with these wedges. I didnt have alot of greenside opportunities today but of the 3 i did 2 were solid so no complaints there.

Lots of partial swing 70 to 80 yard shots and a few full swing 100 yard sand wedges.

First i absolutely love how the 58* slides across the tight fairways at impact for me. Im not one to use a lob wedge in that area but today i was 3 for 3 from a variety of distances which is huge for me.

Full swing these things continue to be money. Distances i expect and they just stick on the green or spin back.
I got a little on the toe late in the round need to tighten that up and ill be good to go.

Back