Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

I have both and like both.
I think the PM grind in high lofts is an exceptional product for versatility. I think these offer a bit more mainstream look and feel while still offering incredible versatility due to the sole design.

So this would fit my ponder of pm grind ease with MD3 looks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this would fit my ponder of pm grind ease with MD3 looks?

I think so. FWIW, I have one of those too...Shhh, dont tell.

I think so. FWIW, I have one of those too...Shhh, dont tell.

Oh reary? Remind me to look in your golf bag next time you're out this way.

Made a mistake of trying these at the store, when do they go on sale? :p

I may do the 50 degree CB to go with my MB's (I have 52/56 MB, but looking to either trade for 54/58 MB or get them bent if need be). Let me know if you're looking to sell the 50, I may be interested.

I'm in Australia. Going to be expensive to post over to u.

I'm in Australia. Going to be expensive to post over to u.

Ah gotcha, didn't realize that. No worries, good luck selling!

So for those that are gaming the CB vs the MB, what are the differences. I've never gamed a CB wedge

There is a definite sound difference as the CB has this soft almost muted feel.

What he said. Performance is basically the same. For me, the slightly larger head promotes confidence on shots from a distance which is one of the main reasons I've always gravitated to a set AW. With the sole and the forgiveness added in the CB though, it was a no brainer. My 50CB has become a favorite around the greens for chips and longer pitch shots.

Anyone switch to these or compare them to the Cally PM grind in 56,58 ,or 60. Apologies if its already covered in this thread......

I have both and like both.
I think the PM grind in high lofts is an exceptional product for versatility. I think these offer a bit more mainstream look and feel while still offering incredible versatility due to the sole design.

I'm actually gaming both. Agreed with JB on pretty much all points here. I love the sole on the RTX-3s as I tend to chunk wedges (they're not magic though, still need a good swing), and moved over from a MD3 54W. I keep the PM60 for high shots and anywhere I need to open the face as I tend to miss on the toe with those shots. My PM60 is also my go to sand club around the greens, unless I have a good amount of ground to cover. I do struggle with fullish swings with the PM Grind though, so it's solely used for touch work around the green when extra loft is needed.

My favorite shot today came from a deep British Open type green side bunker. I was maybe 3 feet from the face. The sand was wet and compacted. The 58* opened up popped the ball straight up, the ball came to rest a few feet from the cup and I saved par.

My favorite shot today came from a deep British Open type green side bunker. I was maybe 3 feet from the face. The sand was wet and compacted. The 58* opened up popped the ball straight up, the ball came to rest a few feet from the cup and I saved par.

Thats awesome T4K.
Glad they are working so well for you.

First set of wedges I legitimately think about trying to just wear them smooth out rather than tinkering or changing.

The 52CB/56CB/60MB setup is just FREAKING stellar for me.

I absolutely love these wedges. The weighting and feel through the swing gives me so much confidence. No shot I don't feel like I can pull off at any time. Crazy good.

Was able to trade my 52/56 I won from the contest in for a 54 and 60 to better match my current setup. I'm gonna try the 60 cause I rarely full swing my 58 anyways, and I could use the extra spin for specialty shots around the green. Stoked for an eventual decent day to go try these!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Two amazing shots with mine yesterday, 58°: popped in a lovely little chip to save par, it was just in all the way.

Second was with my 54°, roughly 45 yards out, in rough, pitched 3 inches from the cup and nearly spun in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Was able to trade my 52/56 I won from the contest in for a 54 and 60 to better match my current setup. I'm gonna try the 60 cause I rarely full swing my 58 anyways, and I could use the extra spin for specialty shots around the green. Stoked for an eventual decent day to go try these!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Think you're really going to like these man. You go with the V-MG in both?

Think you're really going to like these man. You go with the V-MG in both?

Yessir. 11* bounce in the 54, 9* bounce in the 60. Both MB's. I don't find that my misses are consistently fat or thin, it really varies, so I figured it would be best to go with the most versatile grind.

a little birdie told I should look into one of these over the Vokey SM 62* I was pondering. Going to need to spend some time in this thread to get acquanited with the looks and tech in these wedges.

a little birdie told I should look into one of these over the Vokey SM 62* I was pondering. Going to need to spend some time in this thread to get acquanited with the looks and tech in these wedges.

definitely. I won't lie, I'm a huge Vokey fan. It's always been Vokey or Cleveland for me. But the RTX 3's with the V-sole...not even a contest anymore.

I would certainly go this route vs Vokey with the newest versions of both. The RTX-3 have a way cleaner look to me for some reason.

definitely. I won't lie, I'm a huge Vokey fan. It's always been Vokey or Cleveland for me. But the RTX 3's with the V-sole...not even a contest anymore.

I got to experience the v sole grind yesterday and if the wedges are like the irons, then RTx will definitely be in my near future

I got to experience the v sole grind yesterday and if the wedges are like the irons, then RTx will definitely be in my near future

#ToldYou
#Validated
#HashtagTalkToday
#BecauseICan
#TheyReallyAreTHATGood

#ToldYou
#Validated
#HashtagTalkToday
#BecauseICan
#TheyReallyAreTHATGood

I use S grind on MD3, which is comparable in RTX3 for 60-62*

IMO these are the easiest wedges to hit and best performers.

My custom ordered RTX-3 52 degree wedge arrived today unexpectedly (8 working days). Playing a full 18 tomorrow and will give it a thorough workout.

So I took the wedge I won to my local shop to see if they could trade it out for a loft that works better for me. Owner wasn't there so they said they'd get back to me and when they did, offered me $50 in store credit for it. Sad thing is I was going to buy 2 more to get a whole set from them. Guess who will never spend another dime there?

My custom ordered RTX-3 52 degree wedge arrived today unexpectedly (8 working days). Playing a full 18 tomorrow and will give it a thorough workout.

Nice! Looking forward to your thoughts!

Back