Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Pre ordering these mañana!!

Another great day with the wedges. Had one bunker shot today which I hit well. The shot that stands out to me the most today was my up and down on 17. Didn't hit my tee shot solid and left me short and roughly 20 yards to the pin. Slightly opened the face and made some great contact that bit right as it hit the green. Left me a 5 footer which I slithered in. These things are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played on tighter lies today. The 58* is just magic. Not fat shots, no bladed shots. The sole just glides over the fairway and the spin is crazy good. I pled the new Srixon soft feel today and had no problem getting it to check up with the 58* and the 54*.
Had a couple bunker shots today and the 54* performed well!!!

Thats awesome snickerdog. Glad to hear the sole is working for you.

Played on tighter lies today. The 58* is just magic. Not fat shots, no bladed shots. The sole just glides over the fairway and the spin is crazy good. I pled the new Srixon soft feel today and had no problem getting it to check up with the 58* and the 54*.

I agree. We have some fairly tight lies at my course and I've yet to dig one in which is what I typically will do. These things are the real deal.

I dont think you hit one bad chip all weekend during the event lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I agree. We have some fairly tight lies at my course and I've yet to dig one in which is what I typically will do. These things are the real deal.

Bladed one out of the bunker but that is it!

I dont think you hit one bad chip all weekend during the event lol

Thanks, I just have to remember to keep my head down thru the swing.
With the graphite shaft I can really feel the head thru the swing. So glad I went with that shaft

So I was able to get out today after work. Quick observations: these feel much better than my Mizuno wedges. The weight of the head with the graphite shafts seems perfect. I can really feel the head all the way thru contact.
I hit a few bump and runs with the 50* today from the fringe and it worked easily. I spent a lot of time with the 58* today from 50 yards and in, I am in LOVE with this club!!!! No reason at all to have a 60* anymore. Short chips from the fringe, no problem. Flops from 10-15 yards over a bunker the sole just glides thru the turf. Even I'm the deep crabgrass I had no problems getting down thru the ball.

44 yards with the 58*
61545014fcfa713790b0a3d0214b1b15.jpg

54 yards with the 58*
8eb0d10c9f3454cf1dcfe82c5f7f9687.jpg

Nice even contact across the sole.
7d1d2fd571dae4c80406bee855a6b2c3.jpg

I am thinking of ordering the RTX-3 with graphite shaft as well. I'm not sure my local golf shops have them in stock yet and will check out in a few weeks. Did you get the Rotex graphite (believed it's 90g). How do you like the RTX-3 overall with graphite? Can you give me some details on feel?

I am thinking of ordering the RTX-3 with graphite shaft as well. I'm not sure my local golf shops have them in stock yet and will check out in a few weeks. Did you get the Rotex graphite (believed it's 90g). How do you like the RTX-3 overall with graphite? Can you give me some details on feel?
Yes I have the Rotex graphite, and the feel is amazing.
I choose the graphite for two reasons, 1. I have issues with my right elbow and 2. I wanted the lighter weight shaft.
For me the graphite allows me to feel the weight of the head thru the swing a bit more and allows for a bit more forgiveness if I do catch one fat (read shock in the shaft) I haven't had any issues going from C-Taper Lite 105gram shaft to the graphite.
Feel wise I played Mizuno wedges before and these just seem easier to hit, I think a lot of that has to do with the V-sole.
I have played on very wet courses and finally a dry course today and not had any issues on either condition. My home course is heavy in crabgrass is you venture past the first cut of rough and this wedge just plows thru it no problem.
Hope that helps, if you have anything else please feel free to ask.

I am liking what I read about these wedges. Sounds like they are a good improvement on previous models & I like the V-Sole as I previously played them in the Srixon 545s. The one mistake I think Cleveland made with these is the LG, FG, and MG. KISS....keep it simple stupid and just stick to the dot system.

I am liking what I read about these wedges. Sounds like they are a good improvement on previous models & I like the V-Sole as I previously played them in the Srixon 545s. The one mistake I think Cleveland made with these is the LG, FG, and MG. KISS....keep it simple stupid and just stick to the dot system.

It is pretty simple though, 1-dot is LG, 2-dot is MG, and 3-dot is FG

And also FWIW they still have the dot system on there.

I understand what the letters mean....but why have them? Just stick to the dot system people are already familiar with.

I understand what the letters mean....but why have them? Just stick to the dot system people are already familiar with.

Because it isn't the same dot system everyone is already familiar with, this is a whole different angle. Plus, Cleveland is big on specificity when it comes to their wedges/grinds/bounces/dots/etc, so it fits.

I get where you re coming from, I just think its more that its a new thing than its necessarily a confusing thing. Now, if each dot option had all three V-Sole options, then I would agree it'd be over-complicated.

Because it isn't the same dot system everyone is already familiar with, this is a whole different angle. Plus, Cleveland is big on specificity when it comes to their wedges/grinds/bounces/dots/etc, so it fits.

I get where you re coming from, I just think its more that its a new thing than its necessarily a confusing thing. Now, if each dot option had all three V-Sole options, then I would agree it'd be over-complicated.

Isn't' the dot system the same? I thought 1-dot was always low bounce...2-dot was mid-bounce and 3-dot was the biggest sole for steep attacks. I thought all 3 had the V-sole.

Agreed and you do t have all kinds of Letters dictating 10 different grinds for 6 different sets of conditions. Most of which the average consumer has 0 clue what they want or need.

Isn't' the dot system the same? I thought 1-dot was always low bounce...2-dot was mid-bounce and 3-dot was the biggest sole for steep attacks. I thought all 3 had the V-sole.

They are completely different soles though now. I think Cleveland just wanted to highlight that. If they used the same dot only system, then people wouldn't really know there is whole new sole tech in them.

Yes, which was my point. They needed to add the FG, MG, LG to showcase new tech and differentiate.

My point was if each of those were available in each dot, I could see your point of over complicated, but its not, it's just adding a couple letters.

As I said though, I understand your take. Its fun to have these conversations.

These wedges are the cats meow!!!

Yes, which was my point. They needed to add the FG, MG, LG to showcase new tech and differentiate.

My point was if each of those were available in each dot, I could see your point of over complicated, but its not, it's just adding a couple letters.

As I said though, I understand your take. Its fun to have these conversations.

I can understand your point that they added the letters to differentiate from previous models. Having the letters won't stop me from buying them :}

I can understand your point that they added the letters to differentiate from previous models. Having the letters won't stop me from buying them :}
Hahaha, you'll enjoy them, a lot.

They actually have the bounce in 3 locations as well. The actual degrees of bounce is listed on the toe next to the left.

I've seen a lot of comments on the MG option. I'm set on the MG for my 54 and thinking the LG in my highest lofted wedge (58). I play a lot of firm/parched courses and use the 58 mostly for touch shots and partial swings. What are some takes on the LG? How is it out of bunkers and rough?

Back