Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

I've seen a lot of comments on the MG option. I'm set on the MG for my 54 and thinking the LG in my highest lofted wedge (58). I play a lot of firm/parched courses and use the 58 mostly for touch shots and partial swings. What are some takes on the LG? How is it out of bunkers and rough?

I've used low bounce grinds in my highest loft for a couple years now and don't see any negatives from this one. Bunkers seemed consistent with what I would expect, and I found the LG 58 fantastic out of the rough.

Yes I have the Rotex graphite, and the feel is amazing.
I choose the graphite for two reasons, 1. I have issues with my right elbow and 2. I wanted the lighter weight shaft.
For me the graphite allows me to feel the weight of the head thru the swing a bit more and allows for a bit more forgiveness if I do catch one fat (read shock in the shaft) I haven't had any issues going from C-Taper Lite 105gram shaft to the graphite.
Feel wise I played Mizuno wedges before and these just seem easier to hit, I think a lot of that has to do with the V-sole.
I have played on very wet courses and finally a dry course today and not had any issues on either condition. My home course is heavy in crabgrass is you venture past the first cut of rough and this wedge just plows thru it no problem.
Hope that helps, if you have anything else please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your feedback. I plan to get the gap wedge (50*) with graphite shaft which I can do full swing and eliminate my elbow issue like yours. I'm playing all irons with graphite shafts now except the wedges so it may be a little adjustment. I have all Cleveland wedges in my bag with 130g steel shafts which is a little heavy to do full swing on gap wedge. I recently purchased the 56* PM wedge with graphite and is very special for sand and deep rough shots. Hope the new RTX-3 can perform just as good for me.

Thanks for your feedback. I plan to get the gap wedge (50*) with graphite shaft which I can do full swing and eliminate my elbow issue like yours. I'm playing all irons with graphite shafts now except the wedges so it may be a little adjustment. I have all Cleveland wedges in my bag with 130g steel shafts which is a little heavy to do full swing on gap wedge. I recently purchased the 56* PM wedge with graphite and is very special for sand and deep rough shots. Hope the new RTX-3 can perform just as good for me.

You will be VERY happy with the performance of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the phone with discount dans. These will be coming home soon. Good discussion going on right now whether I should go 50-54-58 go 50-56or 52/58

On the phone with discount dans. These will be coming home soon. Good discussion going on right now whether I should go 50-54-58 go 50-56or 52/58

Im guessing they want you to buy 3?

Going In after work to put a preorder in on the 50 CB. Ultimately I think I will end up with a 54 as well but I don't really want to take out my md3 with the ambition event coming up in a month. It could still happen tho.

Im guessing they want you to buy 3?

Well they recommended that based off my current set up. But reading all the reviews and the way I'm playing my wedges lately I think I can get more versatility out of the 56 and keep the 50

I'm going to be ordering from TGW (gift card surplus) and unfortunately they aren't offering any customization. I was hoping to get a UTx grip and 1 degree flat. Do the preorders come directly from Cleveland and does anyone know if there is a way to get that customization to them?

In case it wasnt posted, pretty cool commercial from Cleveland

[video=youtube;ZQLch-EBOAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQLch-EBOAE[/video]

f0bcb86e5745e002ff2b7b746eedffcd.jpg

Holy rust batman. If these rust anymore they may return back to the earth as Iron Oxide lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mine are at the house! Pics to follow :D

Holy rust batman. If these rust anymore they may return back to the earth as Iron Oxide lol.

I got to say that rust with that paint ffillcolor looks absolutely gorgeous. Holy cow!!!

4e1e150e73255a2d07c8f4b41c2063be.jpg

Looks good mr.hicksta!!!!

The paint fill rocks!!!

These look so good I thought they were a promo picture

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Another good day with these. Had lots of time in between holes so worked on flop shots with the 58. Just so easy to open the face and let it slide through the rough.

Only bad shot on the day was 1 of my 2 full swings with the 50*. Caught it on the toe (my common miss with it) and it landed well short of the target.

Lesson this Wednesday and going to work on getting these dialed in hopefully

Another good day with these. Had lots of time in between holes so worked on flop shots with the 58. Just so easy to open the face and let it slide through the rough.

Only bad shot on the day was 1 of my 2 full swings with the 50*. Caught it on the toe (my common miss with it) and it landed well short of the target.

Lesson this Wednesday and going to work on getting these dialed in hopefully

I may have missed it but did you spend time at the event With the CB?

I may have missed it but did you spend time at the event With the CB?
Not at all stupidly.
Will in vegas though

So I noticed you have a 48* Cleveland, what is the loft of the Apex PW?

CF 16 PW is 45º

I didn't like the gap at the bottom so I initially added the MD3 48º and used it a lot. I probably use it more than the set PW to be honest. So this setup works very well for me!

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for stealing your paint fill when I get my wedge :drinks:

Back