Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

I made the switch from RTX-3’s to Vokey SM7’s in the 54 & 60 spots. I’m glad I did and won’t be going back to Cleveland wedges. The v-grind is great for me in full swing clubs, but terrible around greens for anything other than a Stricker style pitch/chip.

It looks like they are resolving that issue with the RTx4's and the grinds they are offering on those, but I can see how the v-sole in the LW spot especially could be bothersome.

I can use my 58 just about anywhere......not sure about these comments

Sit a 58* RTX3 on the ground next to any other 58*. it sits up a bit more because of the V-sole. Not saying I can't hit shots in the slightest, just saying there is a slight bump up because of it, which some might not like.

It’s not so much the where you can use them, but how you can use them also. With the V-sole design there’s really no heel or toe relief in the sole. So it’s tough to open the face up and still keeping the leading edge of the club close to the turf. It is however much easier to play a more straightforward shot for me with the v-sole and why it’s staying in my bag, if the RTX4 has resolved that they’ll be going in my bag for sure. Best of both worlds!

Sit a 58* RTX3 on the ground next to any other 58*. it sits up a bit more because of the V-sole. Not saying I can't hit shots in the slightest, just saying there is a slight bump up because of it, which some might not like.

Only on the vertical. When the ball makes impact, the V-Sole should actually assist in clean contact.
With that said, the wedge is not the straightest leading edge, to prevent digging. Similar to standard Vokey in that regard.

I think come Friday people will see something pretty interesting.

It’s not so much the where you can use them, but how you can use them also. With the V-sole design there’s really no heel or toe relief in the sole. So it’s tough to open the face up and still keeping the leading edge of the club close to the turf. It is however much easier to play a more straightforward shot for me with the v-sole and why it’s staying in my bag, if the RTX4 has resolved that they’ll be going in my bag for sure. Best of both worlds!

I see what your saying. The V sole isn't that pronounced where its noticeable to me. I feel I can still clip a ball confidently with an open face on a tight fairway. But, I do see your view

I see what your saying. The V sole isn't that pronounced where its noticeable to me. I feel I can still clip a ball confidently with an open face on a tight fairway. But, I do see your view

Oh you definitely can. I think it's more a visual/mental thing more than actually in practice.

I am looking forward to seeing what Cleveland has to offer in the RTX-4. At the Cleveland event, they were really talking them up

Iv been a Vokey fan in the past but after gaming the RTX's....I really like them.

@JB, what's going on on Friday?

Ever since I've started my second job and a little club building business on the side, I've had zero time to go to the range and practice. I went from playing 3 times a week to 3 times a month if I'm lucky.

My full swing shots with the wedges have a lot to be desired. I'm not striking it well and have a high weak flight again. However, with no practice at all, these things are money from around the green.

I have the mid grind on all 3 wedges and it is stupid easy to go from hitting a high flop over sand to a low spinner to a back pin. These wedges have exceeded every expectation I had for a "limited option" wedge with only 3 grinds that aren't that different. I can honestly say that the only wedges I'll look at to replace these will be Cleveland in the future.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Oh you definitely can. I think it's more a visual/mental thing more than actually in practice.

Not for me. I can more easily create the shots I want with traditional wedge compared to an RTX-3.

JB asked earlier to describe your wedge game in one word and I was able to say “evolving” and it’s a big part to these clubs. Gonna be hard to top them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JB asked earlier to describe your wedge game in one word and I was able to say “evolving” and it’s a big part to these clubs. Gonna be hard to top them.

Agreed, these have been huge for me around the greens this year.

I am a 23 and I love the rtx 3.

They became my gamers a month or two ago and they have helped me around the green so much it is silly.

Yes I skull a shot or two here or there, but I can also drop one on the green from 90 and in with silly regularity. Short chips we're something that struck fear in my heart before. Now, they are just another shot.

I saw Noelle was teasing about a Friday announcement from Cleveland...hmmm I wonder what will be dropped. Back to these wedges; I'll say this I had Callaway MD3 wedges in 60/64 and thought I'd never get away from them. When I was fortunate enough to join the Cleveland event with Jamie I planned to return to my Callaway MD's. I thought nothing could ever replace them, I was wrong. I put them down and never looked back. I have a confidence in these in full shots, chips, flops, pitches, etc. Because of that confidence, I've learned to control them and now I use my 54 more than nearly any club in my bag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just saw Rick Shiels' review of the RTX 4 and I am absolutely drooling over them. There's nothing wrong with the 3's I have but I'm ready to buy those 4's already.

It's going to be really interesting to see what they have done to improve on the 3's and how they compare head to head. I don't think I've ever had a wedge in the bag longer than these.

I gamed the 3's since the 2106 Shootout and they are great wedges. I'm sure the 4's will b amazing. Be interesting to try them out.

I gamed the 3's since the 2106 Shootout and they are great wedges. I'm sure the 4's will b amazing. Be interesting to try them out.

Same here.

Went out today and these wedges around the green were a round saver for me today. I keep looking at the rtx-4's but these might be in the bag a little while longer.

Went out today and these wedges around the green were a round saver for me today. I keep looking at the rtx-4's but these might be in the bag a little while longer.

Wait till you see the 4's in person..........youll probably be persuaded lol

Grabbed a set of these last week. Can't wait to get them dirty. The reviews are just awesome

Grabbed a set of these last week. Can't wait to get them dirty. The reviews are just awesome
You're gonna love em. What finish did you get?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You're gonna love em. What finish did you get?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Went with the black. They are sick looking

Back