WITB Patrick Reed (Northern Trust Winner)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Typically I'm not all that interested in the pro's bags, but this bag is a testament to not being loyal to one brand and sticking with what works. Information via Golf.com:

Driver: Ping G400 (Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI shaft 70TX shaft), 9 degrees

3-wood: TaylorMade M6 (Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI shaft 70TX shaft), 15 degrees

Utility Iron: Titleist U-500 (3-iron; True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT Tour Issue X100 shaft)

Irons: Callaway X-Forged 13 (4-iron; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shaft), Callaway MB1 (5-iron; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shaft), Callaway RAZR X MB (6-PW; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts)

Wedges: Artisan Golf (51 degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft), Titleist Vokey Design SM7 (56 and 60 degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 shafts)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX 2

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Plays them well.

Old school set for sure. Testament to the player vs. equipment.

Sorry but the fact that he’s still playing his Callaway set of irons and putter is just BS in my book since he faulted his equipment with them for his bad play previously.

He definitely has been searching for something for awhile. He has changed Driver, 3 Wood, Utility, and his SW/LW multiple times. However, the irons have been fairly steady except for a short flirt with titleist 718mb's with a load of lead tape and some mizuno mp18 SCs. He has tried a ping and SC putter as well, but they have been the same head shape with same sight line.

He tinkers, but I think he has found something that will work for him. Also, want to add that for shafts the only tinkering he did was with 130 msi version and he went back quickly.

Alez367;n8873996 said:
Sorry but the fact that he’s still playing his Callaway set of irons and putter is just BS in my book since he faulted his equipment with them for his bad play previously.

IIRC he blamed the irons being out of spec, not the irons themselves.

As an aside they had Reed's caddy on XM this morning and he said they have a phrase - long or short blame the caddie, left or right blame the coach. I'm sure there's some conditions where the clubs get the blame.

He said they tinkered with the Titleists but found there was no appreciable difference with the Callaways to be worth making a change.

Alez367;n8873996 said:

I don't get this thought at all. He blamed his irons being out of spec as much as two degrees. The fact that he still has them in the bag is anything but BS to me.

Razr X MB

Back