TaylorMade Big Foot Hi-Toe Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. That is a terrible name for a wedge. Aesthetics work for me, but I love the Callaway version of this wedge, and this looks like a solid version of the ultra-GI wedge. A little more versatility than some of the others, and a good look. Pricing isn’t terrible either.

I like my current HiToe in the 54 slot, and my current CBX in the 50 slot. This seems like an offspring of both? Will put it on the radar.

dazeedmonds;n8874263 said:
Wow. That is a terrible name for a wedge. Aesthetics work for me, but I love the Callaway version of this wedge, and this looks like a solid version of the ultra-GI wedge. A little more versatility than some of the others, and a good look. Pricing isn’t terrible either.

I understand that they were going for the fact that it is a larger wedge footprint but I agree with you that the name Bigfoot does not instill a thought of grace and touch.

These look like competitors of the Callaway Sure-Out or Cleveland Smart Sole. Is that correct? These look good and I like the cobranding with the Hi-Toe, makes us hackers less self-conscious when we go with a game helper.

• Admin
DataDude;n8874272 said:
These look like competitors of the Callaway Sure-Out or Cleveland Smart Sole. Is that correct? These look good and I like the cobranding with the Hi-Toe, makes us hackers less self-conscious when we go with a game helper.

Less perimeter weight than those, but definitely a competitor to all wide sole wedges.

It’s cool to see other companies moving into the space that Cleveland has really pushed with the GI/SGI wedge space. This looks like it would be fun in a 58 spot as an easy out wedge.

A little disappointed they will not be available LH

What a great name, wedges have always seemed to have a bit more leeway on their naming and this fits great.

When I caught wind of this club coming out, this is not exactly what I was thinking it would be. However, I think it does make sense and there is a market for it.

Never been a fan, but these look good.

Nice writeup James. Not really a fan of the looks of these wedges personally (the high toe or the full face scoring lines) but can see where they could help amateur golfers with the expanded sole.

DataDude;n8874272 said:

I think this is a good move by TM on that part, its a competitor for those segments, but in a way better looking package IMO (meaning, it looks like their normal wedges).

ddec;n8874428 said:
When I caught wind of this club coming out, this is not exactly what I was thinking it would be. However, I think it does make sense and there is a market for it.

Completely agree.

Terrible name, and the foot logo is cheesy.

I’m sure some will like that super wide sole though.

Not a fan of the name but I am a BIG fan of the FOOTprint. There will be a market for this and I'd be interested to try it.

There is definitely a segment of players who would benefit from this wedge. I am curious how it would compare to the Cobra Wide Low grind. The bounce is much lower with the Cobra, but the width of the soles would be very comparable, I would think.

Canadan;n8876230 said:
I don't mind the name. it definitely has a big footprint.

Not the shape I'd be inclined to play though. Hi Toe makes a lot of sense, but those grooves are tough on my brain haha

There’s something cool about seeing ball marks on those grooves way out on the toe though. In playing a couple variations of similar wedges, I’ve definitely used those grooves way out there. I get where it’s an odd look, and for a player that’s more skilled than me, I can see where it’d be distracting instead of reassuring.

dazeedmonds;n8876271 said:
There’s something cool about seeing ball marks on those grooves way out on the toe though. In playing a couple variations of similar wedges, I’ve definitely used those grooves way out there. I get where it’s an odd look, and for a player that’s more skilled than me, I can see where it’d be distracting instead of reassuring.

Agree so much. Rough green side where you have to open up the club a bit, it’s amazing how much those grooves can play a role.

Has my interest....love me some bounce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have to try this one.... if anything...just so after a perfectly executed shot, I can say "I think there's a squatch in these woods"

:act-up:

My only gripe...not too keen on the bronze finish. Would have liked to seen a black version.

What's next, Wilson bring's back Whale for their Hi Toe.

I am surprisingly attracted to that giant chunk of metal.

Back