TaylorMade Big Foot Hi-Toe Wedges

I like the name. I think it will catch the attention of their target audience. It looks very similar to what is on tour so it's not as hard to have in the bag as opposed to some of the other ultra wide sole wedges, IMO.

Not a big fan of the name, but I do see where this could help some people. Big fan of the HiToe wedge as it is, so I wouldn't be opposed to giving these a try.

Canadan;n8876230 said:
I don't mind the name. it definitely has a big footprint.

Not the shape I'd be inclined to play though. Hi Toe makes a lot of sense, but those grooves are tough on my brain haha

You mean, those grooves are AWESOME!

Interesting club. I really like the grooves, shape and design. Not a fan of the finish. I wish it came in a 56*. I can really see the grooves helping me in the rough.

I am not a fan of the look of these. I am sure they would work well for a lot of people though.

Little bump. Some conversation on this one has been being had in the Hi-Toe thread, this one is a unique beast so I figured this could use a nudge.

Can’t wait to try this one out side by side with the CBX2 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman;n8896343 said:
Little bump. Some conversation on this one has been being had in the Hi-Toe thread, this one is a unique beast so I figured this could use a nudge.

Nudge not needed for me! Top of the ponder list

I didn’t know there was a Bigfoot thread so i posted this in the hi-toe thread a few days ago......

I had an original 60* hi toe most of last year and loved it... picked up the Bigfoot version 2 days ago and its incredible. Its almost impossible to mishit it. Found it very versatile from any lie, even tight lies. I play very early mornings on Saturdays and Sunday when its normally still wet/dew out and would chunk my rtx4 every now and then from digging too deep. Kind of my own fault b/c I had an rtx4 low bounce

but hitting the Bigfoot from the bunker is the easiest thing. im not a strong bunker player but this helped me land the green repeatedly! I think a lot of people will benefit from the Bigfoot even more than they have already from the original Hi-toe

Last night I picked up a Taylormade 54* MG2 in black and a 58* Big Foot. Today I got in a quick 9 before work. Using the Big Foot is like cheating! I had 3 up and downs ,nothing crazy difficult (well, one was a short side ,20 yard pitch over a knoll). It is just so easy to hit the ball with this club! I really like the look at address. I know it was just 9, but with never even hitting it, the results were very satisfying. Oh, and that MG2 wasn't bad either....lol

mfd1068;n8901420 said:
Last night I picked up a Taylormade 54* MG2 in black and a 58* Big Foot. Today I got in a quick 9 before work. Using the Big Foot is like cheating! I had 3 up and downs ,nothing crazy difficult (well, one was a short side ,20 yard pitch over a knoll). It is just so easy to hit the ball with this club! I really like the look at address. I know it was just 9, but with never even hitting it, the results were very satisfying. Oh, and that MG2 wasn't bad either....lol

ive seen the same so far. The Bigfoot is like cheating lol. gets the ball up effortlessly from anywhere...... and im waiting for more people to pick up the MG2 wedges b/c those things are incredible! Haven't played enough with them yet but im confident they will be the best wedges ive ever played

FINALLY got to see one in person and....

Baby got back.

Hit it a few times too and...I'm 100% going to need off mat time with this one.

I saw it today in-store and the sole is so wide, I have a hard time seeing how one would execute a flop shot. Am I missing something?

I saw it today in-store and the sole is so wide, I have a hard time seeing how one would execute a flop shot. Am I missing something?
Haha, well, first that a solid 90% of golfers shouldn't be trying a flop shot....ever....

Funny, but true, and that number might be too low.

Second after looking at the shape, there is more relief than I anticipated, but, this was NOT designed for people wanting to hit flops to be totally honest.

Did some pitches in doors tonight at local golf mart. Used taylormade practice ball for shots. These are just for discussion purposes as I wasn’t taking full swings. I was just waiting for a club builder to finish with another customer.

682562e50df2bdc9c339499f6e9386e1.jpg

68beb484af8f017cb54f4900b9d7314b.jpg

08878415472f9fa2a068d8033db064a1.jpg

b249a72a71ed5b29dea157b3b2a7696e.jpg

For those of you who have had this out on a course for real, how is the spin with the little pitches around the green, or from 40 to 50 yards?

I saw these today but didn't get a chance to hit them. I like a little irreverence in my golf, so the name doesn't bother me not to mention they are a good looking club. I am curious to hear more about they work over multiple rounds with respect to previous wedges.

New addition to the bag - will report back. I have most recently gamed a Vokey SM7 60D and a PingEye2 LW in this slot. Primary purpose is out of the sand, but will flirt with it for other shots if the conditions allow.6E86BBDA-D720-47D9-872F-5CC5E3D1A28F.jpeg6E86BBDA-D720-47D9-872F-5CC5E3D1A28F.jpeg

Looking forward to your thoughts @BriMac

I want one of these. Hot one in store and everything feels great off mats but this one feels different.

It makes sense and the YouTube reviews were all pretty fantastic for this club.

Any thoughts?
Only a few rounds in, but I am really enjoying it. I have been reaching for it more outside of the sand than I thought I would. For me, the profile instills confidence, and not afraid to be a little aggressive with flighting the ball closer to the hole. I still prefer a lower running shot around the greens with a lower lofted club, but I am more comfortable now if I need to go high.

Sand conditions have been firm/low on sand. I think this would perform better with fluffier sand conditions.

I haven’t tried it on a full swing shot yet. I am generally not a full swinger with my sw-lw so may not be able to provide feedback on that aspect.

I am hoping for a few more rounds, but with temps in the 30s this weekend:banghead:

Just bought one of these. Can’t wait to give it a try. My biggest problem with my PM grinds are in winter/wet weather. In the summer off hard ground, the PM grinds are like magic for me. In sloppy conditions i far too often chunk a wedge or feel like I will chunk with a practice swing and far over chip assuming i will chunk.

Hoping this is what I needed.

Just bought one of these. Can’t wait to give it a try. My biggest problem with my PM grinds are in winter/wet weather. In the summer off hard ground, the PM grinds are like magic for me. In sloppy conditions i far too often chunk a wedge or feel like I will chunk with a practice swing and far over chip assuming i will chunk.

Hoping this is what I needed.

I only played about 8 rounds with mine but I love it!!! As you mentioned above the YouTube reviewers all raved about this club and I found the same to be true. You're able to use it out of pretty much any lie! My September and October rounds were usually wet so the high bounce really helped off the wet grounds and not chunking it fat

Poured down last night, as it has for several days in Nashville lately. I’ve had this thing in my bag for 2 weeks and haven’t even swung it.

Had to go to the range today just to get a feel for it. Thought it would be good time anyway as the wet weather is what had given me such a hard time with my PM grinds digging so much.

Totally impressed with it. I would never play in the sloppy conditions the course was in ( I’ll play in rain any day, but this is standing puddles everywhere). I was literally trying to chunk it after a few chips from 30 yards and couldn’t do it. Threw some balls in the practice bunker. Hard packed soaked sand. Ball game right out. Can’t wait to play with this club.

Back