TaylorMade MG2 Wedges

I'm very intrigued by the rusty face. I suspect the feel will be superb. My one gripe with my chrome MD4s is the clickiness, which you don't experience in the tactical version. Like others have said, I'd probably have to go with the black version. Rust + Chrome/Satin seems a bit odd.

I want these in a bad way. Don’t know why but the black look soooo good. I’ve been waiting for the review to be put out on these.

Looks like Rick Shiels is about to post a video on the MG2 showing the face rusting in 10 minutes when sprayed with water.

gmiller598;n8893374 said:
Looks like Rick Shiels is about to post a video on the MG2 showing the face rusting in 10 minutes when sprayed with water.

To be fair, he is up near Manchester. Wood rusts in 10 minutes up there.

This wedge has me very intrigued.

This is on my must test list. The raw face has me intrigued, I think I would of preferred an entirely raw club head.

I'm also curious if they will release the tiger grinds. Thought I saw a picture of a 56* in the new wedge.

cwmonroe87;n8875283 said:
I want these in a bad way. Don’t know why but the black look soooo good. I’ve been waiting for the review to be put out on these.

I’m digging the black myself.

absolutely love these wedges!! pga store by me released all the new TM stuff a few days ago. got a 50 and 54 in the chrome (only b/c they had black only in 56 - 60 and im impatient lol) and a 60* hi toe big foot.

These things spin like crazy and are so easy to hit. In person they are the best wedges ive ever seen. I've sworn and raved all year about how amazing the Cleveland rtx4's are, these MG2 wedges immediately kicked the rtx4's out of the bag.

I was hitting 12-15 yard pitch shots from the rough with the 54 that I swear bounced once and stopped immediately!! The rtx4's have very good spin, the MG2's have more and its not just b/c its a new wedge face compared to about 50 rounds with my Clevelands. The Clevelands never immediately checked from that short of a distance like the MG2's have.

As someone who's always loved and preferred Taylormade, I can say their wedges usually are a miss. Thats changed big time after this release. I do wish there were more choices in bounce options, but overall thats the only complaint. Im looking forward to spending more time on the course and practicing to see how versatile these are. So far normal chips and pitches have blown me away.

Also that Bigfoot wedge is so fun to hit. Its almost impossible to mishit it. even with 15* of bounce I found you can chip from tight, firm, or soft lies. im hit or miss out of the sand. 2 shots in a row I can make the ball check up and spin then the next shot can get skulled over the green 20 yards. hit about 30 balls from the practice bunker with the Bigfoot and landed almost every one on the green effortlessly. This was so much easier to hit from deeper rough consistently than my current Cleveland.

Received a TM Milled Grind 2 56* wedge today. Will give it a go Monday, can't wait to hit green side chips as well as full shots with it. It came in at D5 on my swing weight scale, compared to D4 on my Hogan Equalizer 56* wedge. I like the high toe look to it compared to the Hogan 56. Curious to see/feel the turf interaction with the MG 56* since the pic of the soles of both below with the Hogan 56* on the right. The leading edge is turned down on the Hogan 56 at the leading edge. Overall look is the Hogan 56 has a wider sole than the MG 56, but the leading edge of the Hogan 56 is cut away. I'll be posting Monday afternoon after the 1st round with the new MG 56.

9 20 19 milled grind f.jpg 9 20 19 milled grind e.jpg 9 20 19 milled grind d.jpg

Received a TM Milled Grind 2 56* wedge today. Will give it a go Monday, can't wait to hit green side chips as well as full shots with it. It came in at D5 on my swing weight scale, compared to D4 on my Hogan Equalizer 56* wedge. I like the high toe look to it compared to the Hogan 56. Curious to see/feel the turf interaction with the MG 56* since the pic of the soles of both below with the Hogan 56* on the right. The leading edge is turned down on the Hogan 56 at the leading edge. Overall look is the Hogan 56 has a wider sole than the MG 56, but the leading edge of the Hogan 56 is cut away. I'll be posting Monday afternoon after the 1st round with the new MG 56.

View attachment 8908923 View attachment 8908924 View attachment 8908925
Yep. That’s v-sole vs non v-sole.

This wedge BITES. 1st shot with it was 50 yds, nipped it well and watched it bounce once and stop. Looked at the face of the MG 2 wedge and there was a grass mark and little pieces of the Callaway yellow Supersoft ball. Yeowzza................... I haven't a clue why I didn't take a pic of the club face other than I had a Senior Moment. Didn't have a situation where it was a full 65 -70 yd shot with it, but a number of greenside chips and 1 flopper over a grass bunker to a short side pin. pulled it off and the ball landed like a butterfly with sore feet to 5 ft. past the flag.

I am extremely happy with this TM Milled Grind 2 56* wedge. Seriously pondering replacing the Hogan 48* & 52* with TM Milled Grind 2 wedges. All it takes is money.

Really think about these a lot. Thankfully I’ve got a couple things going on in the wedge department right now so I’m occupied with work, but these ever since I wrote the release for them I’ve wanted a closer look.

Tried a 54 and 60 yesterday during a round; wow I was able to be aggressive around the greens like never before.

Tried a 54 and 60 yesterday during a round; wow I was able to be aggressive around the greens like never before.
Part of that is without a doubt new grooves (it’s why I love new wedges) before they’ve worn, but early returns on these are really promising.

Hmmmmmmm.....

#WPF

Few swings on these yesterday, but only a handful as focus is on the T20’s fully for the moment.

Those wanting a better and less firm feel from the MG1’s will be pleased.

I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at the lack of chatter on these. Especially given that the early feedback out there is nothing short of stellar.

the sole and the grooves look pretty damn cool

I have to say, I'm pretty surprised at the lack of chatter on these. Especially given that the early feedback out there is nothing short of stellar.

me too. Theres 2 threads on these as MG2 wedges and Milled Grind 2 wedges so comments are kind of spread out...

But I love mine! they look so beautiful in the bag and have performed better for me out of the rough vs the RTX 4's. I accelerated the rusting on the face and love how it looks!! I was very close to adding a 60* yesterday too to have and rotate it between the Bigfoot wedge

54/60 are going in the bag today now that my Mizzy review is completed. Pretty pumped to get some good time on them and see if they're going to take the spot this season or if the CBX2 hold them off.

Yup, TMaG wedges and I are just good bedfellows.

Improved sound/feel from the OG MG (which I was in the camp of thinking was fine) and some zany spin today for me.

Thinking about intentionally speeding the rust on the face with a little solution of awesome. ;)

Even though I have MD5s on order, these are looming in the back of my mind.

Even though I have MD5s on order, these are looming in the back of my mind.
I don't think there is a bad choice there.

For me the feel edge went here, and the weight is more in my wheelhouse. But I do think the MD5's are on to something for a LOT of people.

Anyone converted from Vokey to these? I am long time Vokey user and always regret different brands. However I have had success with TM wedges before.

Played these without the rust for the first month and a half... then decided to speed up the process.

Love the look of it at address!!! In this short time they’re my favorite wedges already of all time
23099c65a2682f0d83828d655b2add6e.jpg
0807805178998b9f0ee8e0f77a7ca5b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back