Glide 3.0 vs CBX 2

Joelsim

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m tempted to buy one of these, 99% of the use will be full shots aiming to be my 90-95y club. Maybe the odd 3/4 to take 10y off.

I’m thinking graphite shaft as that’s what my irons are, to be honest if Ping did a UW at 3* more I’d get one, the SW is too much although I guess I could get it bent slightly or a power spec.

For some reason I don’t hit anything more than a 52* a consistent distance, often come up short, so inside 80y I hit pitches with my 54* which works really well.

Anyone tried both? 52*. My old CBX 52* worked well as it happens, as did a 50* Glide 2.0, about the same distance off each of those.

Maybe I'm miss understanding your comment and bout a 3* UW.....I bought a white dot (up 3*) lie UW (50*) with my G410 iron set.

I’m confused as well.

A 52.5* UW.

anyway, ignore that. Does anyone have a view on the Glide vs CBX please?

I can't comment on the new models but I game the CBX 56 and 60 and also owned the 46 and 50 at one point too.
Over the winter I decided to try the Glide 2.0 Stealths. I loved their look but every now and then I would hosel rocket one from out of nowhere and that has never happened with the CBX wedges. So for me I just stuck with what worked and put the CBX's back in the bag.

I think its sort of an apples to orange comparison though. The Glides are more of a normal players type wedge to where the CBX is going to be an easier to navigate game improvement wedge.
Guess it all depends what you are looking for out of that 52* slot. For me that is full shot 100 yd territory so I would probably opt for the CBX2. If it were something higher lofted where you wanted more versatility then I might choose the Glide.

I think that’s what I’m leaning towards too.

Back