Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Alez367;n8878101 said:
The 16.5 head? I’m eyeballing a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is indeed!

Jman;n8878191 said:
It is indeed!

I’d bet that is an awesome head.

Been hard pondering irons a while now, I currently have G's and XR's, the latter getting most of my game time lately. I'm going to keep one and trade one, and go to a bit better player's club. I can handle a 'next step' player's distance or forgiving players - I traded i20's toward the G's. I was most precise of my life, but man they were short. I have a much better swing now. From having hit them, I know I can get 160 7i out of Apex 19's, I've also hit 919F to 145-148 range (carry), didn't hate and would hit again but didn't knock my sox off, but not the 210's yet. I also haven't hit the 585's. I worry about their lower spin, on the other hand I play in wind and worry about the i20's being a little too balloon-y with their higher spin, and a few more yards as I expect the 585's have wouldn't kill me.

Apex leads the list except for cost (plus I want to hit the Pro 7 and see whether I want to go combo)
585 is probably 2nd on my list to at least try, and I'm pretty sure I would like them and possibly combo at 8 to 785, though I admit they scare me a bit. Purdy tho.

I think I've talked myself out of 210s BUT I've also just found something in my swing that should give me at least a little boost. If I could hit that 7i 155 in the air every time, I'd immediately bend in that direction. I do like the Ping look, use their irons putter woods yeah, but mixed with other stuff wedges hybrids, so I'm not 'bag brand' sensitive.

I do too much golf reading and not enough golfing, so I've done all the research I think I can find on all of them. It's just a matter of hitting them. Until something else available LH strikes my fancy....no 919Pro for me, it would be way up my list.

An iron fitting is on the ponder list. Does that count?

I wish I could find a new or at least like new set of Vapor Pro Combos.

Jman;n8881230 said:
I wish I could find a new or at least like new set of Vapor Pro Combos.

you and me both
I got so lucky finding a 99% new set of Vapor Pros a couple years ago, literally the only real blemishes were a few bending rig marks :banana:

baylrballa;n8881567 said:
CPO 19 PM grind. :question:

I notice Epic Flash is up there now too.

ddec;n8881637 said:
I notice Epic Flash is up there now too.

That surprises me for some reason.

Jman;n8881641 said:
That surprises me for some reason.

me too. I was actually stunned when I just read that the 19 PM grind was up there. Not only that, but it's 20%off. Now to see if I can find some trade pieces.

Still debating on a new putter. CPO sale has me pondering an original EXO either rossie or indy just for something different. OR maybe a Toulon Stroke lab Palm Beach or Atlanta hmmmm

I'm feeling the need for a new stand bag. Torn between Ogio RTC and Vessel Player 2.0.
I love The Grandaddy bag (Ogio Alpha) I've been using all year but the lack of a stand has certainly been an issue in spots.

ddec;n8881644 said:
me too. I was actually stunned when I just read that the 19 PM grind was up there. Not only that, but it's 20%off. Now to see if I can find some trade pieces.

Some absurd prices and shaft combos on there. Good lord.

jdtox;n8881655 said:
Still debating on a new putter. CPO sale has me pondering an original EXO either rossie or indy just for something different. OR maybe a Toulon Stroke lab Palm Beach or Atlanta hmmmm

It's Toulon time.

Jman;n8881680 said:

tell me about it. Quite the number of selections.

Canadan;n8881689 said:
It's Toulon time.

You think? I haven't seen a palm beach in person but I like the shape from the photos and the slant neck hosel.

$275 with tax for a "like new" toulon??!?!?!?!? The only real questions is Palm Beach or Las Vegas.....my wife might kill me.

Jman;n8881680 said:

pretty crazy to see some of the prices and options available on putters.

Alez367;n8881838 said:
pretty crazy to see some of the prices and options available on putters.

Already have two Toulons. That sale has me pondering a stroke lab though, just to see how it works on the course.

JonD;n8882033 said:
Already have two Toulons. That sale has me pondering a stroke lab though, just to see how it works on the course.

You say that like 2 is the maximum amount. You haven't lived until you own 5 Toulons...and counting.

ArmyGolf;n8882052 said:
You say that like 2 is the maximum amount. You haven't lived until you own 5 Toulons...and counting.

If they come out with a 1W I'm pretty sure I'll either have 3 or sacrifice one for that.

baylrballa;n8881567 said:
CPO 19 PM grind. :question:

scheduled for delivery tomorrow, pretty solid.

Pondering maybe the best mallet putter I have ever used, that I can't talk about yet, and if I'm going to play it longer term.

I'm going to need a new grip for the Atlanta I just ordered. I'm debating between the old trusty Tour SNSR or the P2 Tour Aware. The Aware has the edge right now.

KEV;n8884379 said:
I'm going to need a new grip for the Atlanta I just ordered. I'm debating between the old trusty Tour SNSR or the P2 Tour Aware. The Aware has the edge right now.

Only two?!

I vote something totally different. Sounds like fun haha

Reactions: KEV
Back