Most vulnerable club in your bag

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Since THP is littered with internet golfers who change clubs almost more than they change clothes, this could be an interesting one.

If money wasn't a factor in your decision, and you could change one club out to something different, what would be the most vulnerable club in your bag? In this instance, irons are counted as individual clubs, so if your 6i is a weakness, you can choose just that one.

Currently wedges or putter for me. I don't need either one but would like to try some different things in those slots.

I would say 3 wood. I've never just loved the one I have, and I suspect the Epic Flash version would be an upgrade.

It would probably be my 4-iron. I don't use it much, will usually hit hybrid under normal conditions that require 4-iron distance, but have kept it in the bag for those occasions when I need to bend a punch shot out of the trees. I just can't hit that shot with anything else, hybrid goes too straight (and sometimes too high), and I cant consistently keep other irons down low enough. I'd like to try a utility/driving iron for that spot, to see if it could be more than just the specialty club that my 4-iron is.

probably 5i. it's a club i need often enough to not get rid of it entirely, but it's a club i constantly struggle with. i feel like i could do a full fitting just to figure out that club. i want it to go high and land softly to attack a par 5 after a good drive. but i also want to hit it low if i'm in the trees. oh, and i want it to be like a driving iron on some short tight par 4s.

I like the concept of having a hybrid, and my older Bertha ones are pretty good. I'm just ready to upgrade to something a little newer tech.

Mine was my 58* wedge. As much as I like the Cleveland CBX, I went back to my Vokey SM5 K grind with lead tape on the back. Just able to do different shots with it than the Cleveland. On the minus side of the switch the Cleveland is better than the Vokey out of sand.

Driver at the moment. Without question the driver unless "my driver swing" can qualify as a club

Probably one of my fairway woods. Not that they are terrible, but thats the only spot that I would consider vulnerable.

My XR Pro 3h. I really hate it as it can hook so easily. There has been so much in and out of my bag to replace it and all the options suck. I wish Mizuno would just make a JPX Forged 3i.

Honestly, my wedges as a whole probably need to be reworked. I have really gotten used to using my 56 and I still love my 64. I think I would change the 56 out and dump my 60 and go with a 58. I know it's two clubs, but they are both part of the same problem.

Hybrid. I dont' know that I've ever gotten comfortable with one in a long time. So much so that I might have to make a return to the old trusty x2Hot.

Probably the 4-iron. I mostly use it just to hit a low runner when I'm blocked by trees or something. I could do that just as easily with my 5-iron.

Right now it is the cf16 4 iron...

this was my clutch club off of the tee and for low control out of the rough under a canopy... enter cbx 4 iron wood... the 3IW was solid enough to make me reshuffle my woods to make space, and has become the go-to tee club on tight holes. The 4IW has been extremely solid off of the deck, if it is decent out of the rough, it's in the bag...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The only answer here for me is Putter. I own 5 or 6 putters that I absolutely love and swap in and out whenever the spirit moves me.

My Mizuno 919 gap wedge. I am always skulling it now.

Probably the M3 driver. I bounce back and forth between drivers, but putting that one in the bag for a round is always dicey. It's just too high launching and conditions here rarely inspire its use.

Driver

3 wood. I have problems hitting it off the deck like I want, I think I want to switch to a 4 wood for a bit shorter shaft. I am going to replace my old 5 and 7 wood with hybrids when I buy my new set of irons.

I need a new 7W, mine is just getting wore out. I can hold off until December though.

Putter. ALWAYS the putter.

If you’d asked me this question two days ago I’d have said my Mini Driver. But I sold it yesterday simply as someone was after one and willing to pay the price I wanted, which was £10 more than I paid for it new.

I still have 16 clubs in my would like to carry every round dilemma selection, 15 if I remove my 64* for when it’s not summer.

That would be irons for me but I'd want a real fitting to see if a new set beats what I'm playing now or whats the point?

Gap wedge. No matter what set of irons I play, the gap wedge always flips me the bird. I'm used to playing a set GW, might be time to go for a stand alone club.

The gap between my FW and 4i. Go between, a hybrid and utility iron, both are in danger. Recently been thinking 7W

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Back