Most vulnerable club in your bag

My Cobra F8 driver is the one club I can't seem to hit. I know it's me but the 3 wood has been so easy and the driver is a No GO.

Right now all of the clubs are capable, it’s the part holding the grip that’s a mess.

Prior to this run of miserable ball striking, I was considering the 4 wood as the weakest. Would prefer something a little easier off the deck, a little more height and hopefully more ball speed as well.

Got to be my 3 hybrid, we haven't got along for a bit now and have rarely been using anymore

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

My hybrids. I can't seem to hit the consistently good

OldeDude;n8876544 said:
It would probably be my 4-iron. I don't use it much, will usually hit hybrid under normal conditions that require 4-iron distance, but have kept it in the bag for those occasions when I need to bend a punch shot out of the trees. I just can't hit that shot with anything else, hybrid goes too straight (and sometimes too high), and I cant consistently keep other irons down low enough. I'd like to try a utility/driving iron for that spot, to see if it could be more than just the specialty club that my 4-iron is.

I’m with you on this one. I like to use the 4i as a driving iron but because it’s just my set 4i, it’s not too forgiving and even when I hit it well off the deck, it usually doesn’t get much height and can’t hold a green.

For me, driver. Now that my confidence is back with it, it's time to take a look what's out there that is better suited for my swing/skill.

I'd like to upgrade to the Flash driver (which may happen soon)

Otherwise, my short irons. I know...I'm backwards.

Off course it's the club I bought most recently, my Ping G400 2 Hybrid. I hit my son in law's so good over Christmas vacation that I had my course order one to my liking as soon as I got back here. The G400 was supposed to gap between my old Epic SZ 3+ fairway (love that club) and my GAPR MID 3 (straight automatic). Instead I've gotten to the point where I rarely hit the G400 2H because I hit so many score killing hooks with it. Besides, I'm only getting 5-7 yards more than my GAPR with it and my GIR% with that 2H is absolutely abysmal.

The past several weeks I've been testing various low lofted hybrids, 5Ws, 7Ws, and HWs hoping to find a suitable replacement and think I have identified some solid candidates. I've been waiting on a session I scheduled with an independent Trackman fitter (middle of next week-finally) to nail down this slot. He'll have all my candidates configured to fit me and some others I haven't been able to test on my own. So hopefully that gap will soon become a strength.

WMac19;n8877269 said:
Of course, with the new to me set on the way, I seemed to have righted my season long slump and have been striping irons through 2.5 rounds. Who wouldn't have guessed?

I know right? Since scheduling that trackman fitting my G400 has decided to join the party. I absolutely stuffed 2 of my 3 attempts into greens (birdied both) and also hit 3 nice layups, and no hooks. One good thing about the fitter I'm seeing is that he won't talk me into something if he doesn't see real tangible improvements over what I'm gaming now.

My 4 iron. It's been great for punch shots, really great, but on full swings I've been struggling a bit. I have been using a 4H as my full swing club and I may just pull the 4 iron and put my 3H back in the bag as a test for a while.

Putter for me, and I would spend every day in the Toulon Garage designing a new putter to try each round.

For me the club I struggle with most in my bag is my 4h. When struck well it goes, but I'm just not as consistent with it as I would like. More than likely the operator not the arrow lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It would be my 4-iron, I just really don't use it a bunch and would rather my 3h on 200+ shots.

Nothing is ever safe in my bag. However, the clubs I have struggled with the most this year are 9 iron through gw. I just haven’t hit them nearly as well as the longer irons and it has really held me back from scoring. It is more swing related, obviously, but those are the three trouble clubs for sure.

My 60 degree lob wedge. My current one has a 4 bounce and it just gets stuck in the turf way too much. I recently purchased a Callaway MD4 60/10 Lob Wedge. It should arrive any day now.

Smiter;n8877125 said:
Don’t want this to come off wrong, but have you tried a 5 -6H? I have an older Cobra 5h that is just money. Easy as heck to hit from any lie and just flat out performs.

You may may need the possible slot in the bag, but I doubt you need “it”.

Id have never thought I’d ever use a hybrid. But fast forward a ton of craptastic golf and my Cobra 4h is my most reliable club in the bag. Even mishit I can count on it going 200. 245 or so if struck clean. It’s fantastic. Easy club to do whatever. When my swing totally went south in the THP Bridgestone Championship, it’s what I found fairways with for my Pardner when playing Alt Shot.

Irons are at the whims of the golf lords. Hybrids are the workhorses of normal golfers.

i actually have the f8 3h in my bag right now. i loved it for awhile, it's been a little hit or miss lately. personally i can't flight hybrids low enough to stay under trees if i'm in jail. and as a driving iron i don't think a hybrid is the best option. but in just about any "normal" full swing, i much prefer hybrids over irons.

Driver for sure!

Probably the putter. The putter is the 1 club in the bag that I expect to pull off 90% of the shots that I hit with it and theres so many choices out there in terms of putters that I would be difficult to not want to experiment if money were no object.
Honestly though, Ive been down that road and is a bad habit to get into. In the past Ive been one to change things like putters and iron sets often and it becomes a vicious cycle because you are struggling but you are struggling because you dont know your gear yet and cant always be sure exactly how it will perform.

3 wood. I like what I have, but I know it’s not the best wood for me. I just don’t know which club I would go for that’s on the market now. I love the idea of the mizuno 190s but they are hard to find to demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the most moment, I’d say the driver, I’ve hit recently a few of the 2019 releases and it could be just coincidental but both brands were effortless to hit straight, something my current driver and myself are disagreeing on as far as definition. Unfortunately my wallet needs to gain some weight.

Definitely driver for me. It's the second oldest club in my bag next to my 3-wood, and the one I'm least comfortable hitting. I've systematically replaced everything else in the bag within the last year, so the driver will be the next club to go, probably next year. My new home course is very tight and I only hit the big dog on 2 or 3 holes so I'm in no hurry.

Having just replace all my irons and wedges, my woods are will slowly be replaced over the next year. I want to get rid of all my clubs that went through the flood.

Back